7 in a row

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Got Lefraud tommorow night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    melo

90 in the last two games

let's make it 11 tonight.

need to wrap up that #2 spot in the East.

Jets Insider VIP
    Damn we are on fire. Wish the playoffs started tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    let's make it 11 tonight.

need to wrap up that #2 spot in the East.
    Took my son to the game last night - his first basketball game. Went in to it declaring that he's a Nets fan, but was pretty overtaken with the whole experience. Kidd hitting that half court shot was amazing.

And I'm not a huge basketball fan and I didn't realize quite how good Melo was. He had such a sweet, smooth shot. I don't know what his % was last night but it seemed like it would go down seemingly at will.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Took my son to the game last night - his first basketball game. Went in to it declaring that he's a Nets fan, but was pretty overtaken with the whole experience. Kidd hitting that half court shot was amazing.

And I'm not a huge basketball fan and I didn't realize quite how good Melo was. He had such a sweet, smooth shot. I don't know what his % was last night but it seemed like it would go down seemingly at will.
    his recent scoring surge -- and the efficiency of it -- is almost unprecedented.

there's a reason Melo is considered the best scorer in the game: he can score in just about any way imaginable and he will always get his shot off. the past 3 games have been an extraordinary display of scoring proficiency. against Miami, he got all his points from long jumpers, everything was outside the paint. in Atlanta, it was the opposite, he killed them inside. against the Bucks, it was a little bit of everything.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

I was there too with my daughter. Sweet giveaway. Replica 73 championship ring.

Jets Insider VIP

On the road beating the impossible to beat at home Okies

All League
    The playoffs need to get here ASAP. The 'Bockers are on fire.

All Pro
    I'm all in with this team. If they keep this momentum going they've got a legitimate shot at a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I'm all in with this team. If they keep this momentum going they've got a legitimate shot at a championship.
    for the Knicks, the road to the NBA Finals will likely go through Boston, Indiana and Miami.

i wouldn't want it any other way

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

his recent scoring surge -- and the efficiency of it -- is almost unprecedented.

there's a reason Melo is considered the best scorer in the game: he can score in just about any way imaginable and he will always get his shot off. the past 3 games have been an extraordinary display of scoring proficiency. against Miami, he got all his points from long jumpers, everything was outside the paint. in Atlanta, it was the opposite, he killed them inside. against the Bucks, it was a little bit of everything.
    Yeah, that seemed to be the case. It was almost as if he decided how he was going to score and then effortlessly executed it. One of the more impressive individual performances I remember seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I was there too with my daughter. Sweet giveaway. Replica 73 championship ring.
    Really sweet - although it looked ridiculous on my son, who insisted on wearing it.

And the halftime ceremony was pretty awesome too. If I was even close to being a big Knicks fan, that would have been real emotional. It was really cool that they had all the living players (and reps for the deceased ones) there. And does Al Trautwig have the best job, or what?

It will be fun to have basketball relevant in NYC. I think the last time that happened, OJ was fleeing in a White Bronco.

for the Knicks, the road to the NBA Finals will likely go through Boston, Indiana and Miami.

i wouldn't want it any other way
    I'm not scared of Boston at all I think they're done. Indy is gonna be tough I can see that series going either way Knicks had better have home court advantage for that series.

Great win yesterday. I actually think if there's some way we sneak past Miami we have a shot against whatever Western Conference team comes out - with the exception of the Clippers.

Jets Insider VIP
    They are playing ridiculous right now!!!

I'm not scared of Boston at all I think they're done. Indy is gonna be tough I can see that series going either way Knicks had better have home court advantage for that series.

Great win yesterday. I actually think if there's some way we sneak past Miami we have a shot against whatever Western Conference team comes out - with the exception of the Clippers.
    Agreed about Boston. People still talk about how they're concerned about playing them due to their experience, but I'm fine with facing them. I'd prefer Milwaukee or Atlanta, but I still see the Knicks taking them in 5 or 6. They're not the same team and they've came crashing back down to earth after the unexpected streak they went on after Rondo went down.

At this point, I'm also confident against the Pacers. With how the team is playing and the emergence of K-Mart in the rotation (providing he's not out too long), that makes me more comfortable matching up against their bigs. Although this season has been a bit of a roller coaster, I'll still be disappointed if they don't make the conference finals.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Agreed about Boston. People still talk about how they're concerned about playing them due to their experience, but I'm fine with facing them. I'd prefer Milwaukee or Atlanta, but I still see the Knicks taking them in 5 or 6. They're not the same team and they've came crashing back down to earth after the unexpected streak they went on after Rondo went down.

At this point, I'm also confident against the Pacers. With how the team is playing and the emergence of K-Mart in the rotation (providing he's not out too long), that makes me more comfortable matching up against their bigs. Although this season has been a bit of a roller coaster, I'll still be disappointed if they don't make the conference finals.
    The people overrating the Celtics are the casual NBA fans who are half-paying attention. Did they see what Carmelo did to Pierce last time they played? Bucks and Hawks are not very good we would beat them in 5 maybe even a sweep. The only team I don't want to face in rd 1 is the Bulls. God forbid they slide to 6 and we slide to 3.

The people overrating the Celtics are the casual NBA fans who are half-paying attention. Did they see what Carmelo did to Pierce last time they played? Bucks and Hawks are not very good we would beat them in 5 maybe even a sweep. The only team I don't want to face in rd 1 is the Bulls. God forbid they slide to 6 and we slide to 3.
    Also agreed on that. Chicago is the the team that scares me the most, minus Miami. However, I highly doubt we slip to 3 at this point. That pretty much assures that the only way we could meet Chicago in the playoffs would be in the conference finals, which would be fantastic. Would love to see the Knicks handle them tomorrow and get a win against them under their belts.

I hope the current standings stay the same, except Atlanta and Chicago flip flop. IMO that's the ideal scenario for the Knicks. That would setup the first round as follows:

Heat vs Bucks
    Knicks vs Celtics
    Pacers vs Bulls (very tough series, great first round matchup)
    Nets vs Hawks

That could potentially allow the Knicks to avoid the Pacers and Bulls altogether.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 04-10-2013 at 11:31 PM.