Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    C'mon Stanley. Don't tell me you're a Knicks fan, too?

What happened to you as a poor young boy?
    Actually not a huge basketball fan, but it's always fun to cheer for the hometown team, especially if the opposition is Boston (except for hockey. Snore).

I'm from Queens; moved to this paradise after college.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i'm taking solace in the fact that the two games Boston has won have basically been the two worst games Carmelo has played all season.

if Melo had been even average (by his standards) in Game 4 or 5, the series would be over.

still think the Knicks win in 6, which is what pretty much everyone predicted before the playoffs, it's just a shame we haven't been able to put them away.
    Same for JR. JR didn't play in Game 4 obviously, and he was 0/10 until he hit his first shot with 2:48 left in the 4th quarter, down 12 points. He then proceeded to hit two more three pointers with the game essentially over; one with 1 second left on the clock.

I have no confidence whatsoever against the Heat, but the Celtics simply are not that good right now... If either JR and Carmelo show up, the Knicks should win. Unfortunately neither did last night.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Actually not a huge basketball fan, but it's always fun to cheer for the hometown team, especially if the opposition is Boston (except for hockey. Snore).

I'm from Queens; moved to this paradise after college.
    Ahhh, a wash ashore. Figures. Me? Born and bred.

Paradise? We've found common ground.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    You were right, unfortunately. I really thought they'd bounce right back, but of course leave it to the Knicks to give us a stroke after going up 3-0.
    I had a hard time falling asleep last night. Biggest sucker punch game since Jets/Pats in November 2011 -- the last time I tricked myself into being confident going into a big game.

I'm sh*tting bricks but we really should still take this series. We're the better team and have two shots at it.

Melo just really needs to step up and will the team to victory. He's the superstar -- if he's going to hold the ball and go iso every time he touches it he needs to be more effective.

Celtics have finally found their shot, we need to play better defense and be aggressive early -- our bigs got in foul trouble early while Garnett stayed clean. We need to attack him. When he's not on the court they're a completely different team defensively.

I wish Woodson would complain about the officiating too -- if Doc can manipulate the refs (officiating has completely changed since Game 2 when Doc complained) he should be able to as well. Woodson has been soundly outcoached on and off the court so far.

Worried about Chandler. He just doesn't look like the same guy.

Really, Felton is the only guy who showed up the last two games.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I had a hard time falling asleep last night. Biggest sucker punch game since Jets/Pats in November 2011 -- the last time I tricked myself into being confident going into a big game.

I'm sh*tting bricks but we really should still take this series. We're the better team and have two shots at it.

Melo just really needs to step up and will the team to victory. He's the superstar -- if he's going to hold the ball and go iso every time he touches it he needs to be more effective.

Celtics have finally found their shot, we need to play better defense and be aggressive early -- our bigs got in foul trouble early while Garnett stayed clean. We need to attack him. When he's not on the court they're a completely different team defensively.

I wish Woodson would complain about the officiating too -- if Doc can manipulate the refs (officiating has completely changed since Game 2 when Doc complained) he should be able to as well. Woodson has been soundly outcoached on and off the court so far.

Worried about Chandler. He just doesn't look like the same guy.

Really, Felton is the only guy who showed up the last two games.
    No worries. NO ONE has ever come behind from a 3-0 deficit, and it's unlikely a team with two ancient bigs are poised to do it. If it happens though, it would be an epic collapse not seen since, well remember Red Sox/Yankees?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh, a wash ashore. Figures. Me? Born and bred.
    I'm sorry.

Paradise? We've found common ground.
    You would love me. Guaranteed.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries. NO ONE has ever come behind from a 3-0 deficit, and it's unlikely a team with two ancient bigs are poised to do it. If it happens though, it would be an epic collapse not seen since, well remember Red Sox/Yankees?
    I love how Red Sox fans want to say the Yankees "choked" in that series. It really takes credit away from a Boston team that was actually better. But if they prefer to be the recipient of a gift, so be it.

That said, if he Knicks blow THIS series, it will most certainly be a choke job.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I love how Red Sox fans want to say the Yankees "choked" in that series. It really takes credit away from a Boston team that was actually better. But if they prefer to be the recipient of a gift, so be it.

That said, if he Knicks blow THIS series, it will most certainly be a choke job.

Why can't it be both? The Sox showed grit, heart and talent to come back and win from such a deficit. The Yankees will forever be associated with the biggest choke job ever in the history of playoff baseball. And as you said, if the Knicks do it the same applies.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Knicks blow this it will be a way bigger choke than the '04 Yanks/Sox series.

A) Yanks/Sox were much more evenly matched. These Knicks are definitely (IMO anyway) better than these Celtics.

B) Baseball and Hockey are more flukey games and postseason success often relies more on momentum and luck, IMO. There's a reason why Basketball hasn't had a 3-0 comeback in a 7 games -- the team with more talent (in particular the more talented top players) almost always win. It's why 100 game winners get bounced in the LDS but everyone basically assumes the Heat are going back to back.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting smoked as expected.

edit: spoke too soon?

nope
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 05-03-2013 at 09:52 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF is this?!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

LOL. I changed the channel when they were up by 26. I come back and Celtics are on a 19 pt run. WTF???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Celts are out of gas. Dont know if they can get the stops they need here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice win in Dump on the Charles...

Bring on the Pacers

and let's all wish a fond farewell to Vinnie Patrollie, Hoops fan

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Why can't it be both? The Sox showed grit, heart and talent to come back and win from such a deficit. The Yankees will forever be associated with the biggest choke job ever in the history of playoff baseball. And as you said, if the Knicks do it the same applies.
    Because they are mutually exclusive concepts. The Yanks either choked or the Red Sox were better. It can't be both.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever.

NEXT

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Nice win in Dump on the Charles...

Bring on the Pacers

and let's all wish a fond farewell to Vinnie Patrollie, Hoops fan
    I'm still here my obsessed, little ,senile, anger-issue, friend/stalker.

Knicks almost blew one in epic proportion. I'm proud of my octogenarian team for almost pulling it out. Shame. Would have been legendary. Knicks have zero chance of beating Heat so what's the diff? (Celts wouldn't have either)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno, didn't they go 3 for 4 this year, including beating them at home? Didn't look it up, honestly don't know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    I'm sorry.

You would love me. Guaranteed.

Maybe you guys should kiss.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still here my obsessed, little ,senile, anger-issue, friend/stalker.

Knicks almost blew one in epic proportion. I'm proud of my octogenarian team for almost pulling it out. Shame. Would have been legendary. Knicks have zero chance of beating Heat so what's the diff? (Celts wouldn't have either)

This is why people hate you.