Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Roy Hibbert is single-handedly owning the Knicks. WTF
    Hibbert really played well in the second half of the season but this is unexpected. The Knicks have to play better team defense, Chandler has always been overrated IMO, but I think he is getting most of the blame (deservedly so) and is lashing out with his comments about the offense, even if what he says is pretty accurate. I fully expect the Knicks to bounce back tonight.

All Pro
    Totally gutless, uninspired, pathetic effort tonight.

Tyson Chandler might be the most overrated defender in the league. He can't even box out.

JR Smith is absolutely killing us. Entering the playoffs I was worried we wouldn't be able to re-sign him. Now I'm not even sure if I want him. Completely unreliable.

I love Kidd's defense but he cannot score. Not even a layup. It's like he's allergic. Thank god he's under contract for two more seasons.

Melo is finally playing well but he can't do it by himself. Nobody on this squad can score.

Refs have also been horrible tonight.

This team is a disaster. Absolutely zero chance to win the championship this year

**** the Knicks

Jets Insider VIP
    I believe the Knicks are done

thankfully New York still has their hockey club, the New York Rangers to root for

I'm a real knicks fan whose watched this team win 20 games per season for like 10 straight years with retards like Isiah Thomas and Scott Layden making asinine decisions after another so to me, winning 50 games and getting to the 2nd round was actually nice.

I love how everyone on sports radio is killing Woodson. This guy was probably one of the top 3 head coaches in the NBA this season and now the knicks are losing to a younger, better far more athletic team yet its all Woodson's fault b/c he decided to go big with the starting lineup and didn't play Prigioni enough. I love Prigioni but they'd still be down 3-1 if he was averaging 40 minutes per game. Pacers are just bigger and better.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 05-15-2013 at 11:21 PM.

All Pro
    I'm a real knicks fan whose watched this team win 20 games per season for like 10 straight years with retards like Isiah Thomas and Scott Layden making asinine decisions after another so to me, winning 50 games and getting to the 2nd round was actually nice..
    It's true. It's easy to get frustrated when we saw this team as one with a chance to do something special, but this was a successful year.

-First Atlantic Division Title since the mid 90s
    -50 wins
    -First playoff series win since 2002

What depresses me is that looking at this roster I see very little chance we get better next year.

I love how everyone on sports radio is killing Woodson. This guy was probably one of the top 3 head coaches in the NBA this season and now the knicks are losing to a younger, better far more athletic team yet its all Woodson's fault b/c he decided to go big with the starting lineup and didn't play Prigioni enough. I love Prigioni but they'd still be down 3-1 if he was averaging 40 minutes per game. Pacers are just bigger and better.
    Woodson has coached well, but I think there's little doubt he's been the inferior coach in both Knicks playoff series this year. Doc clearly outcoached him (getting more from less and manipulating the refs) and I think Vogel has too, although I agree that it's pretty clear the Knicks are just older, smaller, and less athletic than the Pacers. If you're running down the laundry list of reasons we lost this series Woodson is number 6 or 7.

If we're looking for people to blame JR Smith and Tyson Chandler should be front and center.

All Pro
    Solid effort last night, about time Woodson started playing Copeland more and limiting Kidd's minutes. The guy is allergic to scoring. Second straight game he's missed an easy layup. People keep saying that "he's not out there to score" without realizing that when you have players that simply do not shoot the defense doesn't need to respect or defend them. It's what happned to the Nets against the Bulls early when Wallace and Evans weren't doing anything.

In order to spread the floor you need shooters who can shoot. While Copeland's defense is passable at best, defense isn't the issue we needed a spark on offense.

Hopefully JR stops partying with Rihanna and starts making buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Solid effort last night, about time Woodson started playing Copeland more and limiting Kidd's minutes. The guy is allergic to scoring. Second straight game he's missed an easy layup. People keep saying that "he's not out there to score" without realizing that when you have players that simply do not shoot the defense doesn't need to respect or defend them. It's what happned to the Nets against the Bulls early when Wallace and Evans weren't doing anything.

In order to spread the floor you need shooters who can shoot. While Copeland's defense is passable at best, defense isn't the issue we needed a spark on offense.

Hopefully JR stops partying with Rihanna and starts making buckets.
    Copleland was tremendously effective last night even on the defensive end he made plays. All this team can do right now is take it game by game. At least we got basketball for one more night because I sure as hell am not watching anymore NBA playoffs after the Knicks are eliminated. Heat/Spurs Finals? Boooooooooooooring.

All Pro
    Copleland was tremendously effective last night even on the defensive end he made plays. All this team can do right now is take it game by game. At least we got basketball for one more night because I sure as hell am not watching anymore NBA playoffs after the Knicks are eliminated. Heat/Spurs Finals? Boooooooooooooring.
    I think it's going to be Heat/Grizzlies.

Heat/Spurs might actually make for another ring for the Big Fundamental (yawn.)

If the Knicks can somehow finagle a win tomorrow, they're going to be playing the Heat. No way the Pacers will come win a game 7 at MSG.

Also, this stigma that's developed around the league and the media-calling Duncan boring- is such a joke. Have you guys seen him play with an unbiased viewpoint? The guy is incredible to watch. The Spurs as a whole are a fun team to watch. They just don't have the 'flash' that the NBA needs to market its product (such as Blake jumping over the shortest, most minute portion of a small car just to bring life to a boring dunk contest).

It's like calling Revis boring because he's not on screen or not near the ball, or like calling Peyton boring because he doesnt run around the field and sling it around like RG3. If you're a fan of the sport and of competition, you enjoy watching these guys play their sport at incredibly high levels.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    If the Knicks can somehow finagle a win tomorrow, they're going to be playing the Heat. No way the Pacers will come win a game 7 at MSG.

Also, this stigma that's developed around the league and the media-calling Duncan boring- is such a joke. Have you guys seen him play with an unbiased viewpoint? The guy is incredible to watch. The Spurs as a whole are a fun team to watch. They just don't have the 'flash' that the NBA needs to market its product (such as Blake jumping over the shortest, most minute portion of a small car just to bring life to a boring dunk contest).

It's like calling Revis boring because he's not on screen or not near the ball, or like calling Peyton boring because he doesnt run around the field and sling it around like RG3. If you're a fan of the sport and of competition, you enjoy watching these guys play their sport at incredibly high levels.
    Not sure if you're talking to me, but I have a lot of respect for Duncan and don't find the Spurs boring at all.

I just hate them.

Not sure if you're talking to me, but I have a lot of respect for Duncan and don't find the Spurs boring at all.

I just hate them.
    Fair enough. My comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular...just a commentary on the whole "Duncan and the Spurs are boring" narrative.

All Pro
    I don't even know what to say about the rebounding on this team. It's simply pathetic.

I don't even know what to say about the rebounding on this team. It's simply pathetic.
    It was a nice season while it lasted.

BTW the referees are just putrid in this game.

All League
    It was a nice season while it lasted.

BTW the referees are just putrid in this game.
    Not so fast

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Not so fast
    lol I was hoping for the game to turnaround after I said that.

BTW, Roy Hibbert could literally take out a gun and shoot a knick player and not get called for a foul. Refs are a joke.

All League
    Oh well

David Stern can blow me. Indiana 32 fouls Ny 16? lol Martin and Chandler both foul out and precious Hibbert not even in foul trouble. Cue the "Knicks would have lost anyway posts." So Chandler gets punched in the face and then called for a foul? Nice

No more NBA watching for this guy and probably 2 million other people. Hope David Stern enjoys the 4.6 rating for Heat-Spurs NBA Finals. Douchebag.

All League
    Pacers shot 70 more free throws in this 6 game series. They had 46 alone tonight, nba is so fkn easy to rig. Whoever wins the free throw battle wins the series that's how it is.