Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this team has balls of steel.

first place in the East, two blowout victories over Miami, and STAT, Shump and Camby have yet to play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Interesting to note..

Knicks since Woodson have become a defensive minded basketball team that also plays smart unselfish disciplined offense

Lakers since D'umbtoni have become undisciplined dysfunctional collection of spare parts all demanding the ball on offense and playing matador defense...but don't worry..the moron coach is certain everything will be fixed when and if 62 year old savior Nash makes it back

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Coaching matters. Woodson is 32-10 in the regular season as Knicks HC. Incredible.

Also, the main thing this game means, for me at least, is that with the Knicks & Heat playing 4 times, the Knicks already have 2 wins and need 1 more to win the season series. In the event that they're tied at end of the season, the Knicks will have home court.

1 or 2 seed. That's the goal and this win helps that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    The Knicks are officially the team to beat in the East.
    I would not declare that a month into the season. It's still the Heat - for the entire NBA, not just the East.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    I would not declare that a month into the season. It's still the Heat - for the entire NBA, not just the East.
    of course it's too early to make that kind of statement, but for whatever reason the Knicks seem to have a mental advantage over the Heat this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Coaching matters. Woodson is 32-10 in the regular season as Knicks HC. Incredible.

Also, the main thing this game means, for me at least, is that with the Knicks & Heat playing 4 times, the Knicks already have 2 wins and need 1 more to win the season series. In the event that they're tied at end of the season, the Knicks will have home court.

1 or 2 seed. That's the goal and this win helps that.
    +1

Knicks want home court in playoffs. They also want to avoid playing Boston or Chicago in rd 1 but that may be unavoidable.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kidd is $$$$. Smith is maturing. Melo is the leader. Chandler is the heart. This team has great synergy right now. Very fun to watch.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Kidd is $$$$. Smith is maturing. Melo is the leader. Chandler is the heart. This team has great synergy right now. Very fun to watch.
    Devastating to the Nets.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Devastating to the Nets.

-
    Yes a December 3 point loss is devastating.

Can Melo the fugazy New Yorker shut the eff up already with his "the Nets didnt beat us we beat ourselves garbage"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) Watching that game last night reminded me of some of my favorite rivalry games; granted it's not yet a rivalry and it's only a December game. I was reminded of the 6-OT UCONN game vs. Syracuse, the late 90's Knicks/Heat games, the mid and late '00s Ravens/Steelers games, the '03 Yanks/Sox games...just awesome energy and so pull of passion and emotion. Hopefully this is the start of at least a good 3 to 4 year period of an amazing rivalry.

2) JR Smith is maturing right before our very eyes...and last night's performance stole JayZ's line, cuz he balled SO hard!

3) I have always been a Knicks fan, but I'm a sucker for PG play...and I remember falling in love with JKidd's game when he came to the nets, and thinking he was robbed blind of the MVP the same way Revis was robbed of the DPOY award in '09. Now that he plays for my team a decade later, I'm still in awe of him. Yes, his 6 threes were awesome and highly critical, but the calm that he brings to the team is unparalleled and very necessary.

4) This Knicks team with a defensive mentality, a go to scorer, and awesome role players is so much fun to watch. Very old-school 90s bball.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Yes a December 3 point loss is devastating.

Can Melo the fugazy New Yorker shut the eff up already with his "the Nets didnt beat us we beat ourselves garbage"
    Why? Melo is correct about that last game. The Knicks missed shots they normally make in the 4th quarter of that game and ran out of gass playing the back end of a back-to-back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Superstars matter.

Deron Williams is an excellent PG and I wish Knicks had a PG like that, but he is not a superstar.

Thankfully Dolan and Grunwald told D'Antoni to pound sand when he asked them to trade Melo for Deron last year so he could have a veteran PG run "his system."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a very entertaining game

Nice of the NBA to open up a nice second home for 11000 Knick fans to watch their team in action a few more times a season

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why? Melo is correct about that last game. The Knicks missed shots they normally make in the 4th quarter of that game and ran out of gass playing the back end of a back-to-back.
    Just when I thought you couldnt be any more of a homer, ok. Then every team can make an excuse, the Nets beat themselves last night. They missed open shots, were playing short handed without Lopez got tired down the stretch and beat themselves. Sound good? Melo is salty because he really wanted to win the first game (as evidenced by Woodson playing him 50 mins), and he didnt want to give the Nets any credit for winning that one. If the Knicks would of lost this game (a game many predicted the Knicks would win easily including you (without Lopez) then I would of loved ot hear his "excuse" afterwards.
    Superstars matter.

Deron Williams is an excellent PG and I wish Knicks had a PG like that, but he is not a superstar.

Thankfully Dolan and Grunwald told D'Antoni to pound sand when he asked them to trade Melo for Deron last year so he could have a veteran PG run "his system."
    This might take the cake, if Deron Williams is not a superstar, then Carmelo Anthony sure as hell aint one. Took Melo 9 years to figure out that hey I need lose weight, play defense, pass the ball? Some of the **** you post on here is laughable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just when I thought you couldnt be any more of a homer, ok. Then every team can make an excuse, the Nets beat themselves last night. They missed open shots, were playing short handed without Lopez got tired down the stretch and beat themselves. Sound good? Melo is salty because he really wanted to win the first game (as evidenced by Woodson playing him 50 mins), and he didnt want to give the Nets any credit for winning that one. If the Knicks would of lost this game (a game many predicted the Knicks would win easily including you (without Lopez) then I would of loved ot hear his "excuse" afterwards.
    Of course a lot of teams can make that excuse when they miss shots they're supposed to make. That happens a lot in basketball. It happened to the Heat vs. the Wizards.

Also, as to the bolded, you don't need to make stuff up. Seriously, this is the internet where there's proof. No where did I post here that the "Knicks would win easily."

This might take the cake, if Deron Williams is not a superstar, then Carmelo Anthony sure as hell aint one. Took Melo 9 years to figure out that hey I need lose weight, play defense, pass the ball? Some of the **** you post on here is laughable.
    LOL, why are you so angry?

Everyone knows Melo is better than DWill, except for some Net homers, probably. And for you to claim that Melo isn't a superstar is just bitter nonsense. Get real.

DWill is the same age as Melo, BTW. And I don't know why you bring up the "lose weight" argument because DWill looks kind of heavy out there himself.

That said, it's not like I'm calling DWill a bum. He's a bona fide star player, but he's in the Bosh, Westbrook, Love tier of player. Melo is a notch above with Paul, Dirk (healthy), Durant, Wade (healthy), and LeBron as bona fide superstars.
    Last edited by SMC; 12-12-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course a lot of teams can make that excuse when they miss shots they're supposed to make. That happens a lot in basketball. It happened to the Heat vs. the Wizards.
    Exactly my point, so the notion that he keeps proclaiming before the game and after the game about how they beat themselves further demonstrates him going out of his way to discredit the Nets.

Also, as to the bolded, you don't need to make stuff up. Seriously, this is the internet where there's proof. No where did I post here that the "Knicks would win easily.
    You are correct I had you confused with someone else, but there was a notion from many Knick fans that they were going to win handily.

Everyone knows Melo is better than DWill, except for some Net homers, probably. And for you to claim that Melo isn't a superstar is just bitter nonsense. Get real.

DWill is the same age as Melo, BTW. And I don't know why you bring up the "lose weight" argument because DWill looks kind of heavy out there himself.
    You want to talk about proof, name one place I said DWill is better than Melo? I didnt because he isnt, but to say somehow that Melo is superstar while Dwill is not (I dont believe either is a Superstar yet) is a joke. Melo has done nothing in his 8 years to distinguish him as a superstar. This season through 20 games he has played like a Superstar, doesnt mean he is one yet. Stat played like a Superstar the first half of his first year here too.

The lose weight is not an argument, Melo obviously didnt work as hard to keep himself in shape as evidenced by Woodson telling him to lose weight and get in shape. You are one of the biggest Carmelo Anthony apologists around. Melo was happy scoring 25 a game while playing lazy d, didnt make his teammates better, and wasnt dedicated in the offseason. This year he finally seems to be getting it, and it should not have taken him 8 years to figure it out.

Dwill has never been skinny, and he has been dealing with elbow and wrist injuries (why he is shooting so poorly this year) that is the reason for his poor play. He looks exactly the same as he has always been.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly my point, so the notion that he keeps proclaiming before the game and after the game about how they beat themselves further demonstrates him going out of his way to discredit the Nets.
    Oh, of course Melo wants to discredit the Nets. He doesn't like them. A lot of players do that about rivals.

You are correct I had you confused with someone else, but there was a notion from many Knick fans that they were going to win handily.
    I didn't think the Knicks would win easily because this was a big game for the Nets, they were on a losing streak, playing at home, and against their biggest rival. The start of the game didn't surprise me because I believed the Nets would come out with more energy and they did.

You want to talk about proof, name one place I said DWill is better than Melo? I didnt because he isnt, but to say somehow that Melo is superstar while Dwill is not (I dont believe either is a Superstar yet) is a joke. Melo has done nothing in his 8 years to distinguish him as a superstar. This season through 20 games he has played like a Superstar, doesnt mean he is one yet. Stat played like a Superstar the first half of his first year here too.

The lose weight is not an argument, Melo obviously didnt work as hard to keep himself in shape as evidenced by Woodson telling him to lose weight and get in shape. You are one of the biggest Carmelo Anthony apologists around. Melo was happy scoring 25 a game while playing lazy d, didnt make his teammates better, and wasnt dedicated in the offseason. This year he finally seems to be getting it, and it should not have taken him 8 years to figure it out.

Dwill has never been skinny, and he has been dealing with elbow and wrist injuries (why he is shooting so poorly this year) that is the reason for his poor play. He looks exactly the same as he has always been.
    First, I make no apology for being a Melo apologists, LOL. He's my favorite NBA player and playing on my favorite team. It's like Jeter and the Yanks for me.

As to DWill and injuries, you can see that this year. But Melo was dealing with similar injuries all of last year (knee, groin, hip, elbow and wrist) but was killed in the media for his less than his own standards play.

And as to the critism of Melo as a Knick, two words: Mike D'Antoni.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, of course Melo wants to discredit the Nets. He doesn't like them. A lot of players do that about rivals.

I didn't think the Knicks would win easily because this was a big game for the Nets, they were on a losing streak, playing at home, and against their biggest rival. The start of the game didn't surprise me because I believed the Nets would come out with more energy and they did.

First, I make no apology for being a Melo apologists, LOL. He's my favorite NBA player and playing on my favorite team. It's like Jeter and the Yanks for me.As to DWill and injuries, you can see that this year. But Melo was dealing with similar injuries all of last year (knee, groin, hip, elbow and wrist) but was killed in the media for his less than his own standards play.

And as to the critism of Melo as a Knick, two words: Mike D'Antoni.
    You forgot Eli Manning and Giants

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You forgot Eli Manning and Giants
    Blame that on Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This Knicks team is so deep that they can be very, very cautious with Shump and work Stat in as they see fit, hopefully off the bench. Will be hard for stat to ***** about how he's being used when the team is rolling and everyone is playing team ball.

So excited to have the Knicks back. I more orless pretended they didn't exist for years because I loved them so much in the 80s and 90s and I couldn't deal with what Dolan did them on the 00s.