Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW Knicks should trade Amare for Demarcus Cousins. They can offer to take on a couple bad contracts like Marcus Thornton and Jason Thompson. If Cousins shows attitude he can ride pine like Amare will. At least he's young and is capable of being one of the best players in the league in a couple years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ballsy win today over the puppies.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good win when playing poorly and Melo closes them out in 4th.

Interesting idea, DJF, but Melo had beaf with Cousins during the Olympic training process. LeBron did too because Cousins acted like a thug.

Couisins is too much of a head case. He has no place on a contender IMO.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I want nothing to do with the Bulls in rd 1. They actually match up better with the Knicks than the Heat do believe it or not. Rd 2 or conference finals we can talk.
    Agreed. I question this team's resolve when facing teams with legit D. Knicks cry too much and get frustrated too easily.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Agreed. I question this team's resolve when facing teams with legit D. Knicks cry too much and get frustrated too easily.
    Yeah, the Knicks need to stop worrying about the refs.

Hopefully Melo will start getting more calls because he's getting pounded by opponents and the refs are missing much of that. Then there are the crazy fouls called on him like the 5th foul yesterday.

In contrast, LeBron hasn't had a foul called against him in 6 games.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Yeah, the Knicks need to stop worrying about the refs.

Hopefully Melo will start getting more calls because he's getting pounded by opponents and the refs are missing much of that. Then there are the crazy fouls called on him like the 5th foul yesterday.

In contrast, LeBron hasn't had a foul called against him in 6 games.
    I was at the Bulls game, and I had not seen a home team get that kind of treatment from the refs... that being said, the reason the Knicks were down 25 was because the Bulls were shooting around 48 percent from the field in the 1st half due to the Knicks not playing defense. Oh, and the Knicks kept missing wide open looks, shooting in the low 30%.

When this team plays like they did against the Nets, with an inside/outside game, they can beat anyone. The Felton/Chandler pick and roll when it gets going is beautiful to watch. But they are mostly a jumpshooting team. And that can lead to big trouble in April.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are surprised the Bulls got calls - against the Knicks of all teams? I guess none of you ever watched basketball in the 90's or the first 11 years of this century. Chicago Bulls get every single call with or without Jordan.

David Stern thinks the NBA needs the Bulls to be good in order to be profitable. Only call that ever did not go the Bulls way ever was the Hubert Davis 3 pointer in '94 - and the knick-haters in the media cry about it to this very day.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 12-25-2012 at 12:35 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting idea, DJF, but Melo had beaf with Cousins during the Olympic training process. LeBron did too because Cousins acted like a thug.

I still think Cousins is worth the gamble. If only b/c I know Amare cannot mesh with Melo on the court. Cousins is still on a rookie contract nobody will care if he's warming the bench. Guy is going to be a 20-10 guy in the NBA he already averages 16-10 and hasn't even touched his potential yet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    J.R. Smith...

The guy is a gamer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    J.R. Smith...

The guy is a gamer.
    As is JKidd. Great defense to set up Smith's GW.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    JR at the buzzer for the win in the desert....

YES!!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Freakin love this guy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great win. J R might be my first ever nba jersey purchase.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know enough about Cousins but if there's any team that can handle him, it's this veteran Knicks team. The Three Wise Men (Thomas, Wallace and Camby) along with JKidd should be able to keep him grounded.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't know enough about Cousins but if there's any team that can handle him, it's this veteran Knicks team. The Three Wise Men (Thomas, Wallace and Camby) along with JKidd should be able to keep him grounded.
    Cousins would just sit on the bench and do distance learning until a couple years from now when the Knicks would really need him. Or he would be an excellent contingency plan if God forbid something crazy happened to Tyson Chandler.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing just a year ago JR Smith was an NBA exile playing in China. This Knicks team is special.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great win with a bunch of players out.

Clyde has been commending Woodson for calling great plays cosistently after time outs and this was another one.

Everything was setup to give JR an open look with only 1 defender on him. Tyson sets the screen to buy JR time to cleenly get the ball and White & Novak cause the switch with another Tyson screen, preventing JR from getting doubled.

As to Cousins, I have to disagree with you guys. The Knicks, as all these injuries have shown, need guys who will play right now and fit in system. They don't need to babysit a crazyman like Cousins. So if he acts out benching him isn't an option really because he may be called upon to play important minutes.

As to Amare, I know the issues with meshing with Melo & Chandler on the court (although they are 8-2 all together under Woodson), I think we're underestimating Amare's impact on the 2nd unit.

Felton's injury will change the rotation, but the 2nd unit really doesn't have an inside presence. Amare will kill 2nd team defenders on the pick & roll and open things up for JR and Novak because he is a double team drawer.

Melo only has 1 more year under contract after this year (he has an opt out after next). That's why Grunwald went all in on this year and next, in order to maximize Melo's time with the team because there's no guarantee he'll re-sign. Cousins doesn't fit with that plan IMO. He's definitely a talent, but one the Knicks can't use right now to try to win a ring these next 2 seasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    BTW Knicks should trade Amare for Demarcus Cousins. They can offer to take on a couple bad contracts like Marcus Thornton and Jason Thompson. If Cousins shows attitude he can ride pine like Amare will. At least he's young and is capable of being one of the best players in the league in a couple years.
    there's no incentive for Sacramento to do that.

the team is bleeding money, last thing they want/need is a huge contract like Amare.

also, Cousins is a headcase, all the skill in the world but a first-class moron. these Knicks seem to have great chemistry centered on the fact that they're a group of veterans with the single-minded goal of making a championship run. i don't think Cousins is worth risking that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knickerbockers vs Kings LIVE NOW

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Melo still sidelined

JKidd starting 1 guard will need help from Pablo to keep minutes for a 40 yr old guy under control