Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

****ing great start tonight for Melo. When he's on he's unstoppable...

Yeah, I'd say tonight was a pretty amazing start!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

My electricity comes back in time to see the tail end of this blowout. All in all a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    My electricity comes back in time to see the tail end of this blowout. All in all a good night.
    Not sure when you stepped in... Was pretty cool when the Garden started chanting for Sheed... Woodson walks over and asks him if he wants to go in, so he gets up and starts walking to the time keepers table and the crowd went crazy...

Then he knocks one down and the crowd goes crazy again...

Pretty cool moment/great welcome for a guy that hasn't played in a couple years...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Not sure when you stepped in... Was pretty cool when the Garden started chanting for Sheed... Woodson walks over and asks him if he wants to go in, so he gets up and starts walking to the time keepers table and the crowd went crazy...

Then he knocks one down and the crowd goes crazy again...

Pretty cool moment/great welcome for a guy that hasn't played in a couple years...
    Yep, saw that. Great moment.

Carmelo isnt very atheletic, isnt the best leader, doesnt play defense well, and has other flaws which have prohibited him from reaching the ultimate team oriented goal...but the man might be the most skilled pure scorer I've ever seen. He can score from anywhere on the court against any defender, and doesn't have to rely on pure athleticism the way a Lebron or Westbrook or Blake Griffin would...he just has the most raw scoring skills.

It's only one game but I like the feel and make up of this team. There seems to be a legit sense of direction...instead of just throwing five gigs on the court and seeing what happens.

I can't wait till we get that elite perimeter defender back in Shump.

Jets Insider VIP
    Great win last night over LeeBron and Co.

The real story....after six months of fumigating the idiotic Dantoni bros no defense system Coach Woodson's Knicks held the Heat to 84 points.

Dopey Dantoni teams allow that number early in the third qtr

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Thought the Knicks had an underrated off-season. Yes, Kidd, Thomas, Sheed, Camby are all ancient but they're role players coming off the bunch or in Kidd's case starting and playing limited minutes. Felton is going to be a difference maker.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Btw, in the highlights did I see Felton and Kidd on the floor at the same time? Interesting...

One of the biggest differences I saw in scheme was actually on offense. Last year they would come out of a time out without a play or any kind of real direction to make a basket. Last night they came back into the game,actually ran plays, and had success with it.

I just worry about wearing down or not being able to force the pace of a game and getting ran all over. If this team can get every one to both get and stay healthy, they could make some real noise this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    When is Shumpert due back?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    When is Shumpert due back?
    They're targeting mid-late December, I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmurf View Post
    One of the biggest differences I saw in scheme was actually on offense. Last year they would come out of a time out without a play or any kind of real direction to make a basket. Last night they came back into the game,actually ran plays, and had success with it.

I just worry about wearing down or not being able to force the pace of a game and getting ran all over. If this team can get every one to both get and stay healthy, they could make some real noise this year.
    That's why I think the Amare injury actually works in this team's favor. In about 6-8 weeks when he comes back either Camby, Thomas and/or Sheed should be injured. Amare comes back and works as a role player while Melo remains the #1 scorer.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I really think Kidd was an invaluable pickup. He makes everyone around him play better, and more selflessly.

Jets Insider VIP
    A win tonight would be nice...this one and one format is pretty dumb.

Jets Insider VIP
    Looks like 3-0.

JR Smith is so much fun to watch when he is in a groove.

All League
    82-0 here we come!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    I was without power since last Monday and finally got it back last night. So I listened to the first 2 Knick games on the radio and saw my first game last night.

Knicks sounded cohesive and playing good defense. I like the small lineup with Melo at 4, and like Kidd in the starting lineup only getting 25 mpg so as not to wear him out. Having both Felton and Kidd out there as facilitators is great. This is the Felton I remember from 2 yrs ago. They can counter any type of defense because of their smarts.

The ball movement was great to hear and it is a conscious effort as Kidd mentioned in the postgame the other night. He knew that the Sixers in the MSG matchup were going to play to stop the 3s so the counter was to attack the rim. The Knicks had a stretch of something like 4 straight layups to build the lead in the 3rd quarter.

As a fan, I can't help but look ahead to December. STAT's injury situation may be a blessing. He should be the 2nd unit's 5 when he comes back. I think he'd be a perfect addition with Novak, Smith, and Prig. Not much defense with that group, but they can score.

Melo was in complete beast mode last year as the 4 and it has, thus far, carried over in these 3 games. He may wear down a bit over the next 8 weeks at the 4, but then again, he didn't last year. Melo is the team's best post player. He can also defend and rebound when he commits. STAT is simply a horrible defender and rebounder.

The Daily News Frank Isola put it best on how the Knicks are playing: "It's really not that complicated; defend, move the ball, play off your superstar and good things can happen."

Injuries will be this teams major worry, because they're built to play sound basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I was without power since last Monday and finally got it back last night. So I listened to the first 2 Knick games on the radio and saw my first game last night.

Knicks sounded cohesive and playing good defense. I like the small lineup with Melo at 4, and like Kidd in the starting lineup only getting 25 mpg so as not to wear him out. Having both Felton and Kidd out there as facilitators is great. This is the Felton I remember from 2 yrs ago. They can counter any type of defense because of their smarts.

The ball movement was great to hear and it is a conscious effort as Kidd mentioned in the postgame the other night. He knew that the Sixers in the MSG matchup were going to play to stop the 3s so the counter was to attack the rim. The Knicks had a stretch of something like 4 straight layups to build the lead in the 3rd quarter.

As a fan, I can't help but look ahead to December. STAT's injury situation may be a blessing. He should be the 2nd unit's 5 when he comes back. I think he'd be a perfect addition with Novak, Smith, and Prig. Not much defense with that group, but they can score.

Melo was in complete beast mode last year as the 4 and it has, thus far, carried over in these 3 games. He may wear down a bit over the next 8 weeks at the 4, but then again, he didn't last year. Melo is the team's best post player. He can also defend and rebound when he commits. STAT is simply a horrible defender and rebounder.

The Daily News Frank Isola put it best on how the Knicks are playing: "It's really not that complicated; defend, move the ball, play off your superstar and good things can happen."

Injuries will be this teams major worry, because they're built to play sound basketball.
    Nice write up... Completely agree about Stat but I think Woodson will force him in at the 4 and play Melo at the 3 early and will give him major minutes at the 5 when Chandler is in foul trouble. I hope I'm wrong on the former though...

Great game against a sound Dallas team, albeit without Dirk. This team is tough, no question...

Jets Insider VIP
    Another opponent held under 100 pts

Including quality teams like the Heat and Mavs...

Lets just agree on this...

NEVER would have happened under the Dumbtoni Bros

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2