Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God it's NBA season and the Knicks are good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    5-0!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    JR Smith is just the man. I would love to smoke a blunt with him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    LOL. Amazing how no one wanted him... He's been a saint since he's been here... A little inconsistent but I'm happy he's a Knick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    gotta love how the Knicks are winning games.

tough defense, smart offense. these are the Knicks i grew up with.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    He'd probably stab you while you were high and distracted just for the $10 in your pocket.

But yeah, he is hot sex off the bench.

I still can't believe how well Kidd is playing. I thought he'd be severely limited due to age and the roster. I love the 2 point guard formation with him and Felton. I just might ask for a Kidd jersey for Christmas.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only other times the Knicks started 5-0 were 93-94 and 69-70, both Finals years.

This team played lackadaisical in first half and then suffocated the Magic in the 4th, forcing more turnovers (7) than field goals allowed (5). Grunwald deserves a lot of credit for how he built this team around Melo. The surrounding talent compliments the superstar.

Also, credit to Hopla, the new shooting coach. Smith has been awesome, but you also see that he and others are swishing their shots, rather than rattling or clanking. Smith went 5-5 in the 3rd, which was critical, and all 5 shots touched nothing but the net.

Kidd is such a calming influence on the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Only other times the Knicks started 5-0 were 93-94 and 69-70, both Finals years.

This team played lackadaisical in first half and then suffocated the Magic in the 4th, forcing more turnovers (7) than field goals allowed (5). Grunwald deserves a lot of credit for how he built this team around Melo. The surrounding talent compliments the superstar.

Also, credit to Hopla, the new shooting coach. Smith has been awesome, but you also see that he and others are swishing their shots, rather than rattling or clanking. Smith went 5-5 in the 3rd, which was critical, and all 5 shots touched nothing but the net.

Kidd is such a calming influence on the team.
    JR Smith is a different player this year. he still shoots a lot but he's getting mostly good shots. he's passed-up a lot of 3's, rather than shooting the contested jumper he's making a move to give himself some room and get a better look.

Woodson deserves a lot of credit for making his players accountable, no matter how much they're making. the other night he got on Melo for playing lazy defense and getting distracted by talking to the refs. but also give credit to Grunwald for surrounding our younger stars with vets with the credentials and the winning experience to set the right tone in the locker room.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huge test tonight and tomorrow night at SA and Memphis. Would be nice to get a split. Memphis is a surprise like us. SA more of the same and such a great home team, they almost never lose there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Huge test tonight and tomorrow night at SA and Memphis. Would be nice to get a split. Memphis is a surprise like us. SA more of the same and such a great home team, they almost never lose there.
    But sometimes they do!

Could it be that the Knicks are for real???

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Hooooooooly ***t...what a come back.

What a game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Team is ****in legit

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is the second best team in the Eastern Conference. Chicago is overrated and Rose, if he even comes back this season, will never be the same his entire game relies on quickness. Celtics' window is shut. Pacers are a decent team missing its best player. ATL and Philly are garbage. Orlando is obviously in rebuild.

The East comes down to NY and Miami.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said this in another thread, but I view Woodson much the same way I viewed Torre in '96 - a guy who was nothing special when he coached in Atlanta, but he is the right guy at the right time in NY.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jkidd is the best PG in the history of the tri-state.

He's still ballin like this was '02 in NJ.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Jkidd is the best PG in the history of the tri-state.

He's still ballin like this was '02 in NJ.
    Kidd is nowhere near the player he was in his first couple seasons with the Nets when he was arguably the best player in the world. But there is just something about his presence that makes any team he plays on gel beautifully.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to have Felton back..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Kidd is nowhere near the player he was in his first couple seasons with the Nets when he was arguably the best player in the world. But there is just something about his presence that makes any team he plays on gel beautifully.
    He's got the whole team playing great. His presence on the court and influence cannot be overstated, imo. And just for good measure, he can still drop bombs when it counts. What a ****in comeback.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Incredible win by Knicks. Melo struggling scoring but hitting the boards and playing well on D. Felton and Kidd were outstanding.

For tonight, Woodson said after the Spurs game that Melo would guard Randolph and give him help if necessary, but I think Melo needs a breack after taking a beating the last 2 games. Perhaps we'll see some of Thomas and Camby.