Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 459

Thread: 2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Kidd is nowhere near the player he was in his first couple seasons with the Nets when he was arguably the best player in the world. But there is just something about his presence that makes any team he plays on gel beautifully.
    Lol, I realize that at 39, he's not the same player he was at 29.

    That was more of a 'spur of the moment' (pun included), bravado thing.

    Point is, he's still ballin and his presence is felt everytime he's on the court; even if its something as nondescript as patting JR on the butt and tellin him to keep at it when he's struggling, or taking the blame for a stolen pass that Tyson should have had.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Incredible win by Knicks. Melo struggling scoring but hitting the boards and playing well on D. Felton and Kidd were outstanding.

    For tonight, Woodson said after the Spurs game that Melo would guard Randolph and give him help if necessary, but I think Melo needs a breack after taking a beating the last 2 games. Perhaps we'll see some of Thomas and Camby.
    Melo takes a beating every night, moreso now that he's playing the 4 so much. for all the talk about stars getting all the calls it seems the opposite is true in Carmelo's case, he gets hammered around the basket but the refs don't protect him like they do other big names.

    that being said, Woodson better be ready to play Camby and KT tonight, or we're gonna get crushed on the boards and in the post. they haven't played much lately because teams have been playing small against us, but we're gonna have to adjust to ZBO and Gasol.

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Melo takes a beating every night, moreso now that he's playing the 4 so much. for all the talk about stars getting all the calls it seems the opposite is true in Carmelo's case, he gets hammered around the basket but the refs don't protect him like they do other big names.

    that being said, Woodson better be ready to play Camby and KT tonight, or we're gonna get crushed on the boards and in the post. they haven't played much lately because teams have been playing small against us, but we're gonna have to adjust to ZBO and Gasol.
    I'm worried about Melo playing most of the season at the 4. While it's working now I think in the long run it would be a mistake and we risk losing him come playoff time. Start having Melo play the 3 on defense at least.

    Oh yeah, big shocker that the refs don't give Melo any calls. He's a Knick. If it was Derrick Rose or Kobe getting pounded like that they'd spend the entire game at the line.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm honestly impressed by this Knicks team.

    i loved how they fought back in the Memphis game, and more importantly, i loved how they fought. this team obviously cares about winning, and they expect to win, and when they're losing they take it personally. they didn't linger on the loss and took care of an inferior Pacers team, even on short rest.

    the one thing i couldn't stand from the Knicks over the last decade was their apathy to losing. nobody seemed to care, nobody seemed bothered if a star player came into MSG and lit us up, and they didn't mind giving up easy layups and dunks. that was a far cry from the Knicks i grew up watching, and this team seems to have recaptured that fire and toughness that characterized those great teams from the 90s.

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i'm honestly impressed by this Knicks team.

    i loved how they fought back in the Memphis game, and more importantly, i loved how they fought. this team obviously cares about winning, and they expect to win, and when they're losing they take it personally. they didn't linger on the loss and took care of an inferior Pacers team, even on short rest.

    the one thing i couldn't stand from the Knicks over the last decade was their apathy to losing. nobody seemed to care, nobody seemed bothered if a star player came into MSG and lit us up, and they didn't mind giving up easy layups and dunks. that was a far cry from the Knicks i grew up watching, and this team seems to have recaptured that fire and toughness that characterized those great teams from the 90s.
    You didn't think Eddy Curry was motivated to succeed?

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Business as usual tonight. This team handles inferior opponents like it should. 8-1. Would be nice to get the Texas sweep by going into Dallas and Houston and winning (after already beating SA).

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great win tonight... Kidd had one of the sickest steals I've seen in a while... Off night for Novak though. Felton impressed and like a poster said, the Knicks beat up bad teams, as they should...

    I'll be at the game tomorrow, hoping for a solid performance...

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    8-1, 7 double digit wins and toughest schedule in NBA thus far.

    Woodson is 26-7 as Knicks HC. Crazy

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    8-1, 7 double digit wins and toughest schedule in NBA thus far.

    Woodson is 26-7 as Knicks HC. Crazy
    Woodson has been excellent. Ditto for Grunwald who brought in Woodson as well as Chandler and all of the cheap veteran FAs (Kidd, Sheed, Kurt) who are now a regular part of our rotation.

    2nd Best team in the East? I think so and I don't care who disagrees.

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Woodson has been excellent. Ditto for Grunwald who brought in Woodson as well as Chandler and all of the cheap veteran FAs (Kidd, Sheed, Kurt) who are now a regular part of our rotation.

    2nd Best team in the East? I think so and I don't care who disagrees.
    Exactly.

    The Heat are clearly the best team in the East and the Knicks the 2nd best IMO. The record and production support that.

    For the Knicks, this regular season is all about getting the No. 2 or 3 seed so they only have to face the Heat in the Conference Finals. From there, anything can happen in a 7 game series.

  11. #51
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Felton taken to the woodshed by Williams tonight. Knicks missed Kidd. Felton forgot he is a PG

  12. #52
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Felton taken to the woodshed by Williams tonight. Knicks missed Kidd. Felton forgot he is a PG
    +1. And when the game is on the line Melo has got to make that shot.

  13. #53
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    N-E-T-S

    NETS
    NETS
    NETS

    yeah.

  14. #54
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Melo can't have just 1 assist. He has 2 sometimes 3 defenders around him. He must find the open guys and get certain players going each night. Melo is an unreal scorer. He can score from anywhere. But he really lacks what it takes to make everyone better. They don't need 35 from Melo. They need 25 with a handful of assists. That keeps defenses honest.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Felton taken to the woodshed by Williams tonight. Knicks missed Kidd. Felton forgot he is a PG
    Part of the reason I wanted Lin back this season even with the risk of his contract putting us over luxury tax in 2 years. Lin can score. Knicks had no 3rd option outside Melo and Tyson last night.

    Kudos to the Nets.

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Melo can't have just 1 assist. He has 2 sometimes 3 defenders around him. He must find the open guys and get certain players going each night. Melo is an unreal scorer. He can score from anywhere. But he really lacks what it takes to make everyone better. They don't need 35 from Melo. They need 25 with a handful of assists. That keeps defenses honest.
    Everyone else besides Tyson Chandler was ice cold yesterday. I agree about Kidd this team needs him come playoff time. He is such a great team player.

    I honestly would rather win 45-50 games and have Kidd 100% healthy come playoffs then win 55 games and have Kidd falling apart when the playoffs start. If Kidd's hurt let him sit and maintain health.

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Knicks win Sunday against the Suns, Woodson's record as HC would be 30-10, 18-1 at home. That's crazy.
    Last edited by SMC; 12-02-2012 at 06:25 PM.

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Everyone else besides Tyson Chandler was ice cold yesterday. I agree about Kidd this team needs him come playoff time. He is such a great team player.

    I honestly would rather win 45-50 games and have Kidd 100% healthy come playoffs then win 55 games and have Kidd falling apart when the playoffs start. If Kidd's hurt let him sit and maintain health.
    This. The Knicks were missing open shots in Nets game, especially Felton who was absolutely dreadful going 3-19 overall and 1-10 in the 4th & overtime.

    Melo wouldve had more assists if Felton and others wouldve hit their open shots. Plus, Melo has done well all season with hockey assists.

  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    This. The Knicks were missing open shots in Nets game, especially Felton who was absolutely dreadful going 3-19 overall and 1-10 in the 4th & overtime.

    Melo wouldve had more assists if Felton and others wouldve hit their open shots. Plus, Melo has done well all season with hockey assists.
    Nets game was a game we should have won easy, but first one without Kidd and really poor outing from Felton. Uncharacteristic. And we still should have won. I'm not that worried about them

  20. #60
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Nets game was a game we should have won easy, but first one without Kidd and really poor outing from Felton. Uncharacteristic. And we still should have won. I'm not that worried about them
    Hard to be worried about a team that's on its way to 12-4 and 2nd in the eastern conference.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us