Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    GO NY...GO NY...GO NY GO!!!

make it two tonight

don't get mad, Boston, we all still love you

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big game tonight have to protect home court. Dont want to be in the position brooklyns in going on the road for 2 games.

btw anyone see this yesterday? I hope Melo did and goes off for 50.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...TJK/story.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Locking it down in the second half yet again. ****ing awesome.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Locking it down in the second half yet again. ****ing awesome.
    I'm getting a KMart jersey. It's settled.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    I'm getting a KMart jersey. It's settled.
    Lol, wait til they resign him!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 down

14 to go

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    awesome win last night.

but i worry about these offensive ruts we've been seeing so far. i understand that Boston is a very good defensive team, but there are stretches in which our offense has no flow whatsoever. we're lucky that the Celtics don't have the firepower to capitalize on that and go on a big run, but that could spell trouble against a better team (ie, Miami).

hopefully things will improve as Pablo and Chandler get healthy and regain their rhythm. our offense is at its best when the ball is moving and we use multiple pick-and-roll sets, we haven't seen nearly enough of that through the first two games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is Dan Shaughnessy and why is he retard?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    tonight will be a big emotional night in Boston, the arena will be rockin', Knicks need to come prepared and show no mercy.

3-0 puts this series away and sets us up for a sweep or at worst a 4-1.

losing tonight could breathe new life into the Celts. we don't want to go back to NY tied at 2.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was down in Miami three years ago during Stoudemire's first season but never intended to go to a Knicks game. I'm in Saint Petersburg roughly 5-7 hours (depending on traffic) from Miami and only went down in order to drop my wife off at her fathers for two days. He was moving back to his country of Latvia, I was very close to her dad for many of years since I was a teen but just thought it wouldn't be right to be in the middle of her last couple of days with her dad. Long story short I went and got a room for two nights and the room only had basic cable with no internet. I was going mad bored to say the least, so went walking around the area until I found a newspaper. Seen the Knicks @ Miami game was about to tipoff in under an hour, so I jumped in the car, asked for directions and found myself at American Airlines Arena. Was a weird feeling walking into the arena, an anxious one, because the last time I seen a live Knicks game was during my childhood years of growing up in Queens. So I am amped. Alone and all. What a way to kill some time. Turned out to be an amazing game got to witness Anthony/Stoudemire lead us to victory.

Long story short, if you can catch a Knicks game alone inside of your living room, you can without question catch a Knicks game live while being alone. Would've much rather had my older brother or my girl alongside to high five and celebrate with but I was just in awe of the whole situation. Nothing beats catching a Madison Square Garden game though. American Airlines Arena can't compare in regards to intensity/atmosphere although it felt like at least 30-40% Knick fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boston's arena will be rocking tonight, no question about it -- IMO the Knicks will have to play much better in Game 3 than they did in the first two to pull off the victory. We can't count on Boston going as cold as they did in both second halves (regardless of the Knicks playing better defense.)

There's going to be a lot of emotion in that building and Doc has been working the refs 24/7 since Game 2. We will be public enemy number one, and won't get any calls. A win would effectively end the series though, it would be huge if our guys came through. Need to get back to the ball movement that got us here, not the Melo/Smith isolation that has had us go stagnant.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 down, 13 to go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's go Knicks take care of business.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tough loss. Boston came out played with the passion and pride you'd expect from a veteran team with two future HOFers on it and the Knicks looked flat early, very complacent turning the ball over more than they had all series.

We were getting run off the court early as Melo struggled and we missed JR. Players other than Jeff Green decided to show on offense for the C's and Paul Pierce started to actually play like the Knick-killing Paul Pierce I was afraid of entering the series.

Felton really put the team on his back in the third though, and willed it to being a game. With JR suspended he was our only non-Melo player who could score and create and we needed him to step up and he did. Shumpert also came up big a few times after struggling early.

C's wanted it more than and made it happen. Melo really killed us down the stretch, missing tons of makable shots and in particular missing back to back free throws we had to have. NY media should be all over him.

Overall I was annoyed with the refs but we got the majority of calls in Game 2, it usually evens out. Hopefully we can close them out in Game 5, if they steal that they all of a sudden have the life to think they can win the series. I think Game 3 spoiled me a bit and raised my expectations -- this was the C's team I was expecting to see the whole series.

Terry looked like a doofus celebrating like the won the title though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Tough loss. Boston came out played with the passion and pride you'd expect from a veteran team with two future HOFers on it and the Knicks looked flat early, very complacent turning the ball over more than they had all series.

We were getting run off the court early as Melo struggled and we missed JR. Players other than Jeff Green decided to show on offense for the C's and Paul Pierce started to actually play like the Knick-killing Paul Pierce I was afraid of entering the series.

Felton really put the team on his back in the third though, and willed it to being a game. With JR suspended he was our only non-Melo player who could score and create and we needed him to step up and he did. Shumpert also came up big a few times after struggling early.

C's wanted it more than and made it happen. Melo really killed us down the stretch, missing tons of makable shots and in particular missing back to back free throws we had to have. NY media should be all over him.

Overall I was annoyed with the refs but we got the majority of calls in Game 2, it usually evens out. Hopefully we can close them out in Game 5, if they steal that they all of a sudden have the life to think they can win the series. I think Game 3 spoiled me a bit and raised my expectations -- this was the C's team I was expecting to see the whole series.

Terry looked like a doofus celebrating like the won the title though.
    It certainly was temporarily a deflating loss, but then I stepped back and realized that they did what they needed to do in Boston and still hold a commanding lead in the series. Losing JR is a huge blow, but they still fought back and nearly won. Defense was still strong. On another positive note, Chandler looks like he's fully back in the swing of things. I fully expect them to take care of business of Wednesday night.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    It certainly was temporarily a deflating loss, but then I stepped back and realized that they did what they needed to do in Boston and still hold a commanding lead in the series. Losing JR is a huge blow, but they still fought back and nearly won. Defense was still strong. On another positive note, Chandler looks like he's fully back in the swing of things. I fully expect them to take care of business of Wednesday night.
    I'm just a little worried there could be a hangover. I don't think we can afford a slow start at home like in Games 1+2.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is JR back for game five?

nice performance by Terry in falling down like a sack of potatos on that foul... reminded me of Mario the Fake Lemieux in a long ago and far away hockey match with the Rangers

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    with JR back for game 5, the Septic's season ENDS on Wednesday night at the World's Most Famous Arena

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    JR is a thug.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3W7wxjC...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Is JR back for game five?

nice performance by Terry in falling down like a sack of potatos on that foul... reminded me of Mario the Fake Lemieux in a long ago and far away hockey match with the Rangers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    First time I've seen that. Shouldn't have been suspension worthy.