Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I'm still here my obsessed, little ,senile, anger-issue, friend/stalker.

Knicks almost blew one in epic proportion. I'm proud of my octogenarian team for almost pulling it out. Shame. Would have been legendary. Knicks have zero chance of beating Heat so what's the diff? (Celts wouldn't have either)
    ban

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Knicks almost blew one in epic proportion. I'm proud of my octogenarian team for almost pulling it out. Shame. Would have been legendary. Knicks have zero chance of beating Heat so what's the diff? (Celts wouldn't have either)
    Knicks were mopping the floor with the Celtics through 3 1/2 (in what was, before that 20-0 run, one of the worst offensive performances in NBA playoff history) but obviously the story should be how the Knicks "almost blew it" even though they were up 12 with 1:21 to go.

I was sh*tting bricks during that run though. Some of those turnovers were unbelievable (Melo pretty much handed the ball to Bradley at half court at one point) but kudos to our guys for pulling their s**t together and finishing off Boston. Shumpert and Pablo in particular deserve credit for showing up big time, in particular Shump's steal/layup to end the run may have saved the game.

I give a lot of credit to the Celtics though; in both in the series and the game they were clearly outmatched but played hard with a never say die attitude and kept it competitive. Many lesser teams would have rolled over on a few occasions.

I don't buy the "no chance against the Heat" argument. That only applies if you believe NOBODY has a shot against the Heat (a valid opinion) but the Knicks match up as well as anyone against them. Hell, we were 3-1 this year (including a 20 point beatdown where LeBron played and Melo didn't, and a double digit lead in the game we did lose.)

The bigger issue is getting ourselves as healthy as possible (not helped by the NBA scheduling Game 1 for Sunday) and getting back to playing good basketball. We looked good offensively in Game 6 moving the ball but got stagnant again late in the game. Should be a war against the Pacers, they're even bigger and more physical than the C's (and a hell of a lot younger, too.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Knicks were mopping the floor with the Celtics through 3 1/2 (in what was, before that 20-0 run, one of the worst offensive performances in NBA playoff history) but obviously the story should be how the Knicks "almost blew it" even though they were up 12 with 1:21 to go.

I was sh*tting bricks during that run though. Some of those turnovers were unbelievable (Melo pretty much handed the ball to Bradley at half court at one point) but kudos to our guys for pulling their s**t together and finishing off Boston. Shumpert and Pablo in particular deserve credit for showing up big time, in particular Shump's steal/layup to end the run may have saved the game.

I give a lot of credit to the Celtics though; in both in the series and the game they were clearly outmatched but played hard with a never say die attitude and kept it competitive. Many lesser teams would have rolled over on a few occasions.

I don't buy the "no chance against the Heat" argument. That only applies if you believe NOBODY has a shot against the Heat (a valid opinion) but the Knicks match up as well as anyone against them. Hell, we were 3-1 this year (including a 20 point beatdown where LeBron played and Melo didn't, and a double digit lead in the game we did lose.)

The bigger issue is getting ourselves as healthy as possible (not helped by the NBA scheduling Game 1 for Sunday) and getting back to playing good basketball. We looked good offensively in Game 6 moving the ball but got stagnant again late in the game. Should be a war against the Pacers, they're even bigger and more physical than the C's (and a hell of a lot younger, too.)
    Good post. i personally think that the Heat are going to 'Fo 'Fo 'Fo their way to the NBA finals, but if any one has a chance to win a series against them (or even get a couple of playoff wins), it's the Knicks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    This is why people hate you.
    Really? Who?? Most people LOVES me.

Now granted, there are a few who hate the truth that I often speak, but hate the message, not the messenger. You can't deny that if the NY had not gotten back in control of that game at the 2 minute mark or so and lost, that would have been "epic loss".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now granted, there are a few who hate the truth that I often speak, but hate the message, not the messenger. You can't deny that if the NY had not gotten back in control of that game at the 2 minute mark or so and lost, that would have been "epic loss".
    is this what you've been reduced to, trolling about what almost happened?

OK then... please tell us more about how the Pats* almost had a perfect season

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    is this what you've been reduced to, trolling about what almost happened?

OK then... please tell us more about how the Pats* almost had a perfect season
    Pats HAD a perfect season. It was in the final game of the postseason where they stubbed their toe.

Btw...your definition of trolling needs work.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 05-05-2013 at 07:27 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? Who?? Most people LOVES me.

But they did.

IF JR Smith doesn't deck that buffoon Terry and plays in Game 4 this is a sweep. But who cares would "would have happened?" It didn't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pacers are just bigger, longer, more athletic and yesterday they could not miss. What concerns is me how Roy Hibbert so easily dominates the glass against us even when matched up with Tyson.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It pisses me off that Reggie miller is calling this game. Who's dumbass decision was that?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    It pisses me off that Reggie miller is calling this game. Who's dumbass decision was that?
    TNT. He's calling Game 4 in Indiana too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch could have really made things difficult for Indy there if we didnt end the half 0 for 6 shooting.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why can't we hit open threes anymore?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was total domination in the 4th. Makes you feel a lot better as this series turns to Indiana.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shumps put backndunk was off the charts

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds almost too stupid to have to express this in words, but if the Knicks play defense and share the ball on offense, they are borderline unbeatable.

Of course, every team probably believes this as they are two of the fundamental tenants of basketball philosophy, but with the talent level and high IQ (read: experience) of this team, it can actually come to fruition.

Lets see if our players aren't too ignorant to realize this and put it to action as they did in the second half last night.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    **** you, Reggie Miller.

that is all

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats HAD a perfect season. It was in the final game of the postseason where they stubbed their toe.

Btw...your definition of trolling needs work.

as does your definition of perfection.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsPrisoner12 View Post
    Shumps put backndunk was off the charts
    Shumpback

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to snag a win in Indianapolis and regain homecourt advantage. The 3 days rest is huge for Anthony and probably for Chandler he must be playing hurt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roy Hibbert is single-handedly owning the Knicks. WTF