Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: 2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team is lazy, and whines all the time, does not box out. Smith just refuses to play defense consistently. Indy deserved to win, but I hope Lance Stephenson blows out his acl, can't stand that punk.

Hope Chandler was hurt, b/c he was pathetic. I know Hibbert is gigantic but Chandler did not really protect the paint other than a few hard fouls.

Hope Smith opts out and signs elsewhere, can't watch that dummy anymore.

I swear, it's like watching a pickup game at the Y with this team too often. 22 foot jumpers and lazy, matador defense, no boxing out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    This team is lazy, and whines all the time, does not box out. Smith just refuses to play defense consistently. Indy deserved to win, but I hope Lance Stephenson blows out his acl, can't stand that punk.

Hope Chandler was hurt, b/c he was pathetic. I know Hibbert is gigantic but Chandler did not really protect the paint other than a few hard fouls.

I swear, it's like watching a pickup game at the Y with this team too often. 22 foot jumpers and lazy, matador defense, no boxing out.
    Ask my wife and son. I was screaming/complaining about this all season.

But, its not just the Knicks. The average NBA player/team does not play the game like the old days. It's all shoot from the outside, then run back the other
    way to watch the other team shoot from the perimeter. That's why it was so much fun watching Indiana play their tough D.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone else gets it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Who the fk is that? Doesn't look like someone related to sports, is he a math teacher?
    Adam Silver...He's replacing Stern as NBA Commish 02/14..

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...t-commissioner

http://www.nba.com/careers/executives/silver.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Have you seen the new guy?

WTF?!?! He looks like an alien.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I just don't understand how when are guys would drive there would almost never be a call, but the Pacers got it every single time. I'm not saying its fixed more like extremely inconsistent in determining what is a foul vs what isn't a foul. I feel that this is the reason the nba will always suffer,
    +1

David Stern is an idiot. Same inept commisioner who insists on small markets with no money like New Orleans and Charlotte, NC having teams meanwhile much bigger, wealthier markets like Seattle and Montreal have no NBA. Did nothing to help Sacramento keep the Kings, a team that city has always supported. Nobody is watching this boring Eastern Conference Finals nor the tired-ass Finals featuring Duncan and/or Lebron for the 57, 000th time.

Baseball Season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    +1

David Stern is an idiot. Same inept commisioner who insists on small markets with no money like New Orleans and Charlotte, NC having teams meanwhile much bigger, wealthier markets like Seattle and Montreal have no NBA. Did nothing to help Sacramento keep the Kings, a team that city has always supported. Nobody is watching this boring Eastern Conference Finals nor the tired-ass Finals featuring Duncan and/or Lebron for the 57, 000th time.
    NBA sets new precedent in voting to keep Kings in Sacramento

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...#ixzz2TlXe5caw

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Spot on! How does Charlotte have an NBA team over a big market like Seattle, who have one of the best sports market in the country. Just *ucking insane. Newark has a first class basketball Arena, and deserves a shot too at getting a franchise. This is a Basketball town, three NBA teams would be well supported, as the Hockey teams are.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 05-19-2013 at 07:20 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    NBA sets new precedent in voting to keep Kings in Sacramento

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...#ixzz2TlXe5caw
    The owners intervened, not Stern. Plus the Indian guy who was part-owner of the Warriors threw in a few hundred million to buy the team from the idiot rich-boy Maloofs. David Stern is too busy rigging the draft so Tom Benson can get Anthony Davis and keep the Hornets/Pelicans in New Orleans - a city that could give a sh^t about the NBA. David Stern is a corrupt idiot who plays favorites and the success the NBA had during his tenure was in spite him not because of him Bird, Magic and Jordan were extremely compelling people on top of being the best players in the sport - once they all retired Stern didn't have a clue and the NBA's popularity decreased the subsequent 10 years with it only recovering once Lebron went to Miami and Melo went to NY.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 05-20-2013 at 02:14 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll see what happens in the off-season. I would resign Smith, Martin and Prigioni to one year deals. I know most Knicks fans hate JR right now but you can't deny his body of work last 2 seasons and a 1 year deal at just above MLE is reasonable. With Smith's playoff performance well-earned rep as a headache no one is giving him more than that but he has played well for us.

It depends on whether or not knicks have to use MLE to resign their guys. Last year the NBA tried to force the knicks to use MLE to resign Lin and Novak but an arbitor disagreed. If the Knicks do have MLE available they should go after another big guy who can give them some rebounding like Elton Brand.

As far as "blowing it up" goes. That's nonsense. This is the team you have for at least the next 2 seasons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll see what happens in the off-season. I would resign Smith, Martin and Prigioni to one year deals. I know most Knicks fans hate JR right now but you can't deny his body of work last 2 seasons and a 1 year deal at just above MLE is reasonable. With Smith's playoff performance well-earned rep as a headache no one is giving him more than that but he has played well for us.
    Way off here.

J.R. Smith will get paid this offeseason, likley by someone besides the Knicks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The owners intervened, not Stern. Plus the Indian guy who was part-owner of the Warriors threw in a few hundred million to buy the team from the idiot rich-boy Maloofs. David Stern is too busy rigging the draft so Tom Benson can get Anthony Davis and keep the Hornets/Pelicans in New Orleans - a city that could give a sh^t about the NBA. David Stern is a corrupt idiot who plays favorites and the success the NBA had during his tenure was in spite him not because of him Bird, Magic and Jordan were extremely compelling people on top of being the best players in the sport - once they all retired Stern didn't have a clue and the NBA's popularity decreased the subsequent 10 years with it only recovering once Lebron went to Miami and Melo went to NY.
    Stern rigged the draft so Ewing could end up in NY.

http://q13fox.com/2013/05/19/comment...en-in-seattle/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indy earned their win, as much as it pains to say this.

they played harder and tougher all series long, and Vogel thoroughly outcoached Woodson.

the Pacers packed the paint to turn Melo and JR into jump-shooters and Woodson was all too happy to let them chuck away. meanwhile, Copeland wasted away on the bench until game 5 and Novak only played in garbage time. think we could've used those guys to stretch the floor, maybe?

also, like Starks and Crawford before him, you CANNOT leave JR in the game when his shot is off. these guys when they start missing, they press, they lose focus and start doing a bunch of dumb **** on both ends that only hurts the team. no excuse to not give more of JR's minutes to Shump, Pablo, Copeland, even Novak.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see JR coming back. Perhaps his value takes a slight hit, but not enough to knock him down to MLE money for the Knicks to re-sign him. He's going to get paid well by some team.

Even with some of the much worse struggles some of us long time Knicks fans have endured, this playoffs still stings and leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I think he hot streaks to start and end the season showed the potential of this team when they were clicking on all cylinders, setting expectations at ECF or bust. Also, this team really seems to have nowhere to go but down, sad to say. They're old and handcuffed by the cap for the next couple years. JR is likely gone. Seemingly useless pieces like Kidd, Novak, Camby are on multi-year deals. STAT's contract is the obvious back breaker. In this capped league the deck is stacked so high against you when you have a max contract giving you virtually nothing. We have to high hope Shumpert rapidly blossoms into a stud, we get a couple serviceable players via the MLE and draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think Chandler was hurt/ill. He hustled all year long, played strong basketball, then he was out, after he came back he wasn't the same player at all. Much softer and weaker. He actually look like he lost a lot of weight after he got back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I really think Chandler was hurt/ill. He hustled all year long, played strong basketball, then he was out, after he came back he wasn't the same player at all. Much softer and weaker. He actually look like he lost a lot of weight after he got back.
    Knicks' biggest need by far is a big physical rebounder and low post defender. Chandler hurt his neck and was no match for Hibbert. K-Mart was a very nice find but at 6'9 he is all hustle and hand quickness he is only ok against Hibbert in short spurts.

Knicks need to use MLE(if available)on Johan Petro or Dalembert for a 1 yr deal. Knicks need a another big body they are too Tyson Chandler-dependent.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 05-23-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    The average NBA player/team does not play the game like the old days. .
    i'll shake the stick

remember Debuscherre, Bradley, Reed, Clyde, Barnett.

man if that wasn't the coolest sports team of all time I don't know who was.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    i'll shake the stick

remember Debuscherre, Bradley, Reed, Clyde, Barnett.

man if that wasn't the coolest sports team of all time I don't know who was.
    Amazing group of athletes.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bunch of Debbie downers and fake Knicks fans on this thread, that's for sure.