Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Putrid performances the last two nights. Injuries as a whole have been a major blow, but they desperately need Felton back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    At some point, Stat has to contribute for the Knicks. I know he isnt close to 100 percent but that interior defense when he is out there is horrible. His offense seems to be slowly improving at least.

The other thing they need is an Oakley enforcer type for Melo and the team in general. Youre down 16 and ****ing Nate Robinson is doing discount double check. That shouldnt fly. Only player with any psychical nature to his game is Kurt Thomas who may get cut for Kenyon Martin of all people.

I watch these games and see the season taking a wear on Jason Kidd and Carmelo as the only consistent scorer. They need Shumpert back at an immediate high level. Brooklyn and Boston are coming up on them very quickly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    At some point, Stat has to contribute for the Knicks. I know he isnt close to 100 percent but that interior defense when he is out there is horrible. His offense seems to be slowly improving at least.

The other thing they need is an Oakley enforcer type for Melo and the team in general. Youre down 16 and ****ing Nate Robinson is doing discount double check. That shouldnt fly. Only player with any psychical nature to his game is Kurt Thomas who may get cut for Kenyon Martin of all people.

I watch these games and see the season taking a wear on Jason Kidd and Carmelo as the only consistent scorer. They need Shumpert back at an immediate high level. Brooklyn and Boston are coming up on them very quickly.
    Knicks need Felton back in a bad way too. And I am so scared of this team bumping into the Bulls in rd 1 . Bulls completely own them. Our defense makes Luol Deng look like Jordan circa early 90's. And ofcourse you know the refs will always suck Chicago's c0ck like every year. Only way to counter the Bulls big athletic team is for Felton to come back and work Chris Copeland more into the rotation. Copeland has quickness and energy. Ditto for Shump but he may not be back to 100% until next season.

Other than that nice win against the Hornets but that was taking care of business. Be interesting to see how this team does in London.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like Felton will likely be back Saturday @ Philly

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    --Kevin Garnett's mom tastes like runny oatmeal.

--Oh and I think we get Felton back this weekend batches.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at Sunday's game, exciting win.

The defense has really struggled the last two games since Felton's been back. Seems like he's a bit rusty and the communication has had some issues.

Amare is such an unbeleivably liability on defense. It's also amazing how he can't finish anymore. Watching guys like Josh Smith and Al Horford finish in person (and watching Amare take soft fouls and settle for free throws) was discouraging. There's no doubt he's the biggest obstacle the Knicks have going forward.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good win. Feels like it's been a while since they've had a nice and comfortable win. I hope/expect them to get back on track now that Felton has returned and is getting back into a groove. Although, the defense has slipped a bit since his return.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Knicks defense has to be a concern, but with the soft part of their schedule they should be able to get some wins while trying to fit everyone back in the lineup.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    30-15, 18-6 at home, top 10 in offensive and defensive scoring, first in division and tied for first in conference.

First time in over 10 yrs the Knicks are at least 15 games over .500. Great first half of the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I was at Sunday's game, exciting win.

The defense has really struggled the last two games since Felton's been back. Seems like he's a bit rusty and the communication has had some issues.

Amare is such an unbeleivably liability on defense. It's also amazing how he can't finish anymore. Watching guys like Josh Smith and Al Horford finish in person (and watching Amare take soft fouls and settle for free throws) was discouraging. There's no doubt he's the biggest obstacle the Knicks have going forward.
    i think Amare is just getting his legs back under him. the past few games it looks like he's regained his confidence and is doing a much better job of finishing around the rim. maybe not with the power and explosion as his Phoenix days, but the points count just the same.

he was a beast vs. Sacramento and turned that game around the second he stepped on the court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7UHPnlCqyE&feature

it's a huge luxury for the Knicks to have a big man of Stat's caliber off the bench, which creates a matchup nightmare for opponents. the defensive liability is not as much of an issue with the second unit, and we'll be able to hide it better when 'Sheed/Camby get healthy.

far from an obstacle, Amare is the piece that can put this team over the top.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i think Amare is just getting his legs back under him. the past few games it looks like he's regained his confidence and is doing a much better job of finishing around the rim. maybe not with the power and explosion as his Phoenix days, but the points count just the same.

he was a beast vs. Sacramento and turned that game around the second he stepped on the court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7UHPnlCqyE&feature

it's a huge luxury for the Knicks to have a big man of Stat's caliber off the bench, which creates a matchup nightmare for opponents. the defensive liability is not as much of an issue with the second unit, and we'll be able to hide it better when 'Sheed/Camby get healthy.

far from an obstacle, Amare is the piece that can put this team over the top.
    A) You're assuming Amare will continue to be okay with coming off the bench as the season moves on. I hope you're right.

B) I meant "obstacle" more in the long term sense. He still has two years of max money after this year.

He did look great against the Magic though, I'll give you that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A) You're assuming Amare will continue to be okay with coming off the bench as the season moves on. I hope you're right.

B) I meant "obstacle" more in the long term sense. He still has two years of max money after this year.

B is to me far more worrisome than A.

the Knicks' best shot at the Finals will probably come this season. the Heat are vulnerable and there's no other team in the East that has the talent, depth and playoff experience to match the Knicks in a 7-game series.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to a good effort tonight at home vs Detroit

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some weak opponents during this winning streak, but these are all big wins. Rack them up now because March is going to be a struggle with that brutal schedule.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    B is to me far more worrisome than A.

the Knicks' best shot at the Finals will probably come this season. the Heat are vulnerable and there's no other team in the East that has the talent, depth and playoff experience to match the Knicks in a 7-game series.
    Disagree. The Bulls would beat this Knicks team easily in a 7 game series. They are actually a bigger threat to us than the Heat believe it or not. We don't match up well with them at all. Knicks can't rebound and they're not a tremendously athletic team. Not to mention they're the Bulls always get all the calls and the Knicks never get anything from the zebras taking marching orders from Stern. Bulls could actually sweep us while I think the Knicks would win a 7 game series against Bron/Wade

Knicks need to get the #1 seed in the East and have Miami get the #2 and take out Chicago in the round. That's the path to the Finals.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 02-04-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Disagree. The Bulls would beat this Knicks team easily in a 7 game series. They are actually a bigger threat to us than the Heat believe it or not. We don't match up well with them at all. Knicks can't rebound and they're not a tremendously athletic team. Not to mention they're the Bulls always get all the calls and the Knicks never get anything from the zebras taking marching orders from Stern. Bulls could actually sweep us while I think the Knicks would win a 7 game series against Bron/Wade

Knicks need to get the #1 seed in the East and have Miami get the #2 and take out Chicago in the round. That's the path to the Finals.
    1) The Knicks have been a MUCH better rebounding team of late. If Chicago gets the Rose of old back then all bets are off, but you really can't compare the Knicks that played the Bulls earlier in the season with the team that would hopefully face them in the playoffs. I agree the Bulls would probably be the Knicks biggest obstacle, but not to the point of expecting to get swept

2) You're obviously assuming Chicago wins their division (which could easily happen), but if they don't then we'd want the Knicks to finish 2nd and likely get Indy in the 2nd round

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

The Bulls are not the greater threat IMO.

We've seen this the last 2 seasons with them. They have no second gear. They play playoff intensity basketball every game of the regular season, but once they face a postseason opponent that is also playing at playoff intensity then the Bulls have a tough time winning that series.

The Bulls are also worn down by the postseason comes because they don't know how to pace themselves during the regular season. Thibs is an excellent coach, but his 110% every possession mantra during the regular season catches up with them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    1) The Knicks have been a MUCH better rebounding team of late. If Chicago gets the Rose of old back then all bets are off, but you really can't compare the Knicks that played the Bulls earlier in the season with the team that would hopefully face them in the playoffs. I agree the Bulls would probably be the Knicks biggest obstacle, but not to the point of expecting to get swept

2) You're obviously assuming Chicago wins their division (which could easily happen), but if they don't then we'd want the Knicks to finish 2nd and likely get Indy in the 2nd round
    Agreed. Plus, people mention Rose being out those 3 games, but the Knicks played the Bulls missing either Melo, Stat, Shump, and/or Felton in all 3 games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the concern over whether STAT would be okay coming off the bench is media driven. They created that narrative when bringing it up every article before he came back. Melo said in early November that he had a heart-to-heart with STAT and STAT said he's committed to helping the team anyway he can and come off the bench. STAT has said the same consistently through the months all the way up to now. There is absolutely no reason to believe that STAT would somehow do a 180.

Although he's making max the next 2 years, that really isn't an obstacle because his final year will be viewed as an expiring contract. Knicks would be good to keep him and free $21 mil the following year or anothe team would want him so they could free $21 mil.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    The Bulls are not the greater threat IMO.

We've seen this the last 2 seasons with them. They have no second gear. They play playoff intensity basketball every game of the regular season, but once they face a postseason opponent that is also playing at playoff intensity then the Bulls have a tough time winning that series.

The Bulls are also worn down by the postseason comes because they don't know how to pace themselves during the regular season. Thibs is an excellent coach, but his 110% every possession mantra during the regular season catches up with them.
    also, the Bulls have no depth. other than Taj Gibson, their bench is awful.

Rose being injured places a huge burden on the rest of the team, and that's starting to catch up physically with them.