Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate Nate Robinson.

Can someone explain to me why he acts like he has a chip on his shoulder when he plays the Knicks? There's not a single player on this team from when he was here and I believe Herb Williams is the only coach on the staff from those teams. Not to mention he perfectly embodies why those Knicks teams sucked horribly and they had zero reason to keep him. He's a royal douche.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 04-11-2013 at 11:08 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I hate Nate Robinson
    He killed us for years when he was on the team now that he's a Bull he's killing us again. Little ugly midget loser.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

2012-13 NY Knicks Thread

Still a solid performance from the Knicks tonight. Short bench, battled back and played hard.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    He killed us for years when he was on the team now that he's a Bull he's killing us again. Little ugly midget loser.
    Typical. Was thrilled when they traded him and of course he's burning us years later.

That being said, can't be too mad coming off a 13 game winning streak. Only played 8 guys and had no front court presence.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Typical. Was thrilled when they traded him and of course he's burning us years later.

That being said, can't be too mad coming off a 13 game winning streak. Only played 8 guys and had no front court presence.
    In the long run the knicks losing this game actually helps us out because it helps us avoid playing the bulls in rd 1. Bulls probably get the 4 or 5 seed instead of the 6 seed which is the only possible way we could see them in rd 1. Yes it's still an unlikely scenario but not impossible.

I just hope Felton is ok. Last thing the Knicks need is Felton out for the playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the long run the knicks losing this game actually helps us out because it helps us avoid playing the bulls in rd 1. Bulls probably get the 4 or 5 seed instead of the 6 seed which is the only possible way we could see them in rd 1. Yes it's still an unlikely scenario but not impossible.

I just hope Felton is ok. Last thing the Knicks need is Felton out for the playoffs.
    I agree. Anyone but the Bulls at this point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

He stayed in the game so hopefully that's a good sign. This team first tailed off after the hot start when Felton got injured. I want to see no part of that again as the playoffs are rolling around.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate Nate Robinson.

Can someone explain to me why he acts like he has a chip on his shoulder when he plays the Knicks? There's not a single player on this team from when he was here and I believe Herb Williams is the only coach on the staff from those teams. Not to mention he perfectly embodies why those Knicks teams sucked horribly and they had zero reason to keep him. He's a royal douche.
    He acts like such a thug. I hate him too.

Good effort tonight, too bad they couldn't keep the streak going. I cringe when the clock is running down and JR hogs the ball, throwing brick after brick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Still a solid performance from the Knicks tonight. Short bench, battled back and played hard.
    Battled back They led by what, 13-14 halfway through the 3rd...?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ran out of bigs midway through third when Copeland got foul four. Forced to try and hang on with four guards and Melo playing the 5.

Still hung on and came back to force OT.

Tyson should be back in for the Cavs, maybe Martin too

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Battled back They led by what, 13-14 halfway through the 3rd...?
    They were also down by 7 at one point in the 4th and trailed until like :10.

They showed some grit. Once Chicago took the lead I thought the game was over.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carmelo is only the 2nd Knick ever to win the NBA scoring title after Bernard King. Not 100% sure but I think that's the case.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look forward to rooting hard for both my Knicks and the Brooklyn Nets. F the Chicago Bulls and those ugly douches Noah and Nate the Midget.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No NYK posts? Dang. Well, glad to be up 1-0. To soon to say Fck Boston?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was in section 221. Go Knicks, celtics suck

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was still in the be nice to chowdtown mode

Time to end that

GO NY, GO NY, GO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice win by both local teams yesterday. Knicks won it with stellar defense. Nets just absolutely outclassed and destroyed the Bulls who are done. The excuses Bulls fans are using this year (Rose's knee, Noah injured) will end up being the explanation for that core never winning a championship and peaking out in 2011 with a playoff elimination by Miami.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's in games like these that having a superstar like Melo makes all the difference.

Boston had no business winning that game, but because the Knicks played like crap and a random scrub like Jeff Green had 20 points at the half, they were on the verge of stealing a W.

Melo picked it up in the 2nd half, playing smarter, locking Green down on D, and making huge plays down the stretch to take the lead and put the game away.

major props also to Kidd and K-Mart, their veteran leadership has been instrumental in getting Melo to elevate his game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    People complain about the Knicks offense. The Nets offense makes the Knicks look like the Showtime Lakers. How did that team win 49 games?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    it's in games like these that having a superstar like Melo makes all the difference.

Boston had no business winning that game, but because the Knicks played like crap and a random scrub like Jeff Green had 20 points at the half, they were on the verge of stealing a W.

Melo picked it up in the 2nd half, playing smarter, locking Green down on D, and making huge plays down the stretch to take the lead and put the game away.

major props also to Kidd and K-Mart, their veteran leadership has been instrumental in getting Melo to elevate his game.
    Absolutely, although I do think Green is a good player. But I do agree. That game gave me even more confidence that this will be a short series in the Knicks favor. The played pretty poorly offensively yet still pulled out the win. They just have far more weapons than the Celtics. I expect 100-85 type of win tomorrow night.

Btw, awesome experience at the Garden on Saturday. Absurdly expensive, but I'm happy I did it. First Knicks playoff game I've attended (not that there have been many to attend).