Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still going to the playoffs?

All Pro

Still going to the playoffs?

Seriously with all the down talk here please look at the PO picture.

NE, Balt and Houston are the only set teams. Pitts is 4-3 with losses to Tenn, Oak and Denver. They are not playing great ball and still have Baltx2, Giants, Cinci, and SD. I do not buy Denver or SD as real PO teams right now at all. One will make it but only because someone has to. We have already destroyed Indy and beat Miami week 3 who are 4-3 right now holding the WC spots. If we win in Seattle we are actually still in good shape IMO. SL, Jax, Tenn, and Buff to me seem like games we should win. That would put us at 8 wins with SD, NE and Zona being the residing factors. Right now I say a 9-7 record will get that last PO spot. All we need to do is take one win from a good team and win the games we should win. Just thought I'd throw a positive swing in here as there should still be hope in JETS land IMO.

Our season ended losing at home to the Phags. That was a game we were absolutely supposed to win. After we got our clocks cleaned by Seattle we'll be 3-6 - one more bad loss after that and Tebow will be the starting qb and look insanely mediocre.

Funny how we're actually going to end up rewarding Tebow for missing that block on ST that blew open the Miami game. Guess it makes sense in Woody's own little world.

Veteran

Banned
    Tough to make the playoffs in a 5-11 season.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Tough to make the playoffs in a 5-11 season.
    5-11 is optimistic 3- 13 is reality

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandBlitz View Post
    5-11 is optimistic 3- 13 is reality
    This is stupid. We already have 3 wins and that is a cake schedule. We are not a bad team just struggling. 5-11 is worst case IMO. No way we loose to all 4 of those bad teams. I can see loosing one maybe 2 but all 3 no way there is way too much talent on this team.

All Pro

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What a bunch of p*ssies some of you are.

This team has the ability to be a playoff team...we'll just have to watch and see

I suggest some of you buy a Seahawks jersey....pathetic

All Pro
    It's not impossible, but I think in order to make the playoffs we'll need to go at least 6-2 in the second half, which is hard to buy after a 3-5 start. Our second half schedule is easier, but we just aren't good enough right now to reel off wins like that.

When you look at our schedule, how are we going to pull it off?

@ Seattle is pretty much a guaranteed loss. They're undefeated at home (beaten the Pats, Packers [blown call aside] and Cowboys at home) and they're a terrible matchup for us (extremely good defense in an extremely tough environment on the road... We might get shutout.) PROBABLE LOSS

@ St. Louis is a toss up, which is sad to say. It's very winnable (and for Rex's sake, his defense better stop Schotty's offense) but the Rams have a tough defense, which again, makes them a tough matchup for our piss poor offense. I'll say we win this one. TOSS UP

Pats at home looks much more winnable now than it did before we blew that game in Foxboro, but they're still the better team so you'd have to guess this is probably a loss. Our second toughest remaining game. PROBABLE LOSS

Cardinals at home I think we win. West coast team playing a 1PM East Coast December game, and they're not a bad matchup because their offense is so pitiful we could really stop them. I think this is our second easiest remaining game. PROBABLE WIN

Jaguars on the road is our easiest remaining game. That team sucks -- Gabbert is probably one of the two or three QBs in the league actually worse than Sanchez. Definitely should win this. PROBABLE WIN

Titans on the road is a toss up against a likely playoff contedner. Must win game, and not a bad matchup for us because their defense stinks. TOSS UP

Chargers at home, if we win all the games we're capable of winning will be huge. TOSS UP

@ Buffalo we should win. They'll have quit by then and they suck. Only scary thing is if they are still smarting from Week 1 which I'm guessing they've long since forgotten about. PROBABLE WIN

Predicted record: 7-9

Basically, we need to win every probable win and every toss up (or knock off the Pats or Seahawks if we drop one of those) and still need the Steelers or Dolphins (likely playoff teams) to drop some games, particularly because Steelers have the tiebreaker (and I'm guessing Fish will too.)

no such thing as a cake schedule in the nfl. both seattle and the rams can beat the jets if they continue to play the way they have been and they still have to play the patsies and buffalo. the patsies will be up for their game as will the bills.

the jets can win out and make the playoffs but it just isn't very likely given their up and down nature. it's really too bad because every time they miss the payoffs is just one more wasted season with all of the work down the drain. there must be more than a few players who want to win bad enough that it really hurts to lose. haven't seen that out of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    This is stupid. We already have 3 wins and that is a cake schedule. We are not a bad team just struggling. 5-11 is worst case IMO. No way we loose to all 4 of those bad teams. I can see loosing one maybe 2 but all 3 no way there is way too much talent on this team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Ray Ray guaranteed 12-4.

And has he ever been wrong?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Ray Ray guaranteed 12-4.

And has he ever been wrong?
    show us the post, fats

or else, stop parroting your hero TX the king of lying trolls

All Pro
    There's no way the second half of the season is set up for a 7-1 or 6-2 run, which is what they'd need to likely get into the playoffs. Even a 5-3 record puts us at .500 and we'll lose tiebreakers to both Pittsburgh (definitely) and Miami (probably).

Pittsburgh is going to win 8 or 9 games, as will Miami. San Diego will be there, they're always a second half team, and hey, Indianapolis has a cupcake schedule between this week and the final three weeks of the season. Well at least we have the tie-breaker on them.

Oh, and Oakland is rising. If they beat Tampa Bay Sunday they'll be 4-4.

Long story short, no, this is not a playoff team. I'll be surprised to see them go 5-3. A 1-2 start to the second half is coming. Maybe even 0-3.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Our season ended losing at home to the Phags. That was a game we were absolutely supposed to win. After we got our clocks cleaned by Seattle we'll be 3-6 - one more bad loss after that and Tebow will be the starting qb and look insanely mediocre.

Funny how we're actually going to end up rewarding Tebow for missing that block on ST that blew open the Miami game. Guess it makes sense in Woody's own little world.
    Right. The only TD scored in the 1st QTR "blew open" the game.

BTW, it was Purdum who missed the assignment on punt-blocker Jimmy Wilson.

Tebow blocked Tyrone Culver.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Well, insanely mediocre is without question better than Sanchez (bottom 5 QB)

AT least Tim will offer some passion in more losses, and not trot out there like a beaten down pusie that looks as if he was just abused at home.

Veteran
    You guys are over rating some Of our opponents - to guarantee a loss @ Seattle is retarded - its not easy but it's sure as **** not a guaranteed loss

The rams defense is not that good either and AZ will be easier than you think.

I'm not saying we make the playoffs but all this 5-11 3-13 talk is just SOJF feeling doom and gloom. The reality is we are due to have 1 or 2 more clunkers and we will play well in the other 6 games.

Let the cards fall its not over yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    show us the post, fats

or else, stop parroting your hero TX the king of lying trolls
    YOU promised Sanchez would bring the Jets 3 Superbowl Championships before 2016. You deny that?

Denver might be the best team in the AFC now that Payton is playing like Payton. They are certainly in the playoffs. Chargers are definitely in as well. Pitt will most likely make it as well. Any game we win the rest of te way costs us draft position, nothing more.

A few meaningless wins in 2007 cost us shots at Matt Ryan, McFadden, Chris Long and got us Gholston.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada View Post
    You guys are over rating some Of our opponents - to guarantee a loss @ Seattle is retarded - its not easy but it's sure as **** not a guaranteed loss

The rams defense is not that good either and AZ will be easier than you think.

I'm not saying we make the playoffs but all this 5-11 3-13 talk is just SOJF feeling doom and gloom. The reality is we are due to have 1 or 2 more clunkers and we will play well in the other 6 games.

Let the cards fall its not over yet.
    Seattle is a guaranteed loss. How much you want to bet? We won't score 10 points in that game.