Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this what you really want?

Is this what you really want?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEIvEDK_tgM

Apparently Mitt Romney decided that while he was advocating for the Vietnam war that the French needed him to spread Mormanism to them more than he needed to actually fight in Vietnam. Our President is 51 years old and there has never been a draft since the day he turned 18 so do not even go there.

However, as President he authorized a military operation in a country that we are not at war with, which only he can do, to take down Osama Bin Laden, knowing if the mission failed it would be his undoing. That takes balls. Going and hanging out in France and getting four deferments to the Vietnam war while my uncles and friends and yours does not. Then coming home and getting a fancy degree and becoming a venture capitalist does not exactly qualify you as president and commander in chief either. So really other than being white, what is it that Mitt has over Barack?

I mean really, other than the lies and smears placed on him by Fox News and friends what makes Barack Obama a lesser man that the piece of sh*% above. As a veteran I could never hold my nose long enough to vote for a coward like Romney.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEIvEDK_tgM

Apparently Mitt Romney decided that while he was advocating for the Vietnam war that the French needed him to spread Mormanism to them more than he needed to actually fight in Vietnam. Our President is 51 years old and there has never been a draft since the day he turned 18 so do not even go there.

However, as President he authorized a military operation in a country that we are not at war with, which only he can do, to take down Osama Bin Laden, knowing if the mission failed it would be his undoing. That takes balls. Going and hanging out in France and getting four deferments to the Vietnam war while my uncles and friends and yours does not. Then coming home and getting a fancy degree and becoming a venture capitalist does not exactly qualify you as president and commander in chief either. So really other than being white, what is it that Mitt has over Barack?

I mean really, other than the lies and smears placed on him by Fox News and friends what makes Barack Obama a lesser man that the piece of sh*% above. As a veteran I could never hold my nose long enough to vote for a coward like Romney.

with all due respect, and speaking as a US Army veteran dragged into the f-ing stupid Vietnam quagmire by both Democratic and Republican Presidents from Ike to Nixon

If Governor Romney managed to avoid it by legal means -- I salute him and wish ALL of us could have found a way to avoid that criminal stupidity by my country

smart and certainly not a coward

cowards --- Ike, Kennedy, LBJ, Humphrey, Nixon and their lackeys from Dulles to Kissinger all of whom couldn't look past their dogma to see the reality of propping up an unpopular corrupt government hated by their own people at the cost of 58700 brave American young men and women and billions and billions of dollars

but

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    with all due respect, and speaking as a US Army veteran dragged into the f-ing stupid Vietnam quagmire by both Democratic and Republican Presidents from Ike to Nixon

If Governor Romney managed to avoid it by legal means -- I salute him and wish ALL of us could have found a way to avoid that criminal stupidity by my country

cowards --- Ike, Kennedy, LBJ, Humphrey, Nixon and their lackeys from Dulles to Kissinger all of whom couldn't look past their dogma to see the reality of propping up an unpopular corrupt government hated by their own people at the cost of 58700 brave American young men and women and billions and billions of dollars
    I agree that he should have avoided it at all cost, it was a bad war, but he was advocating for the war at the same time he was avoiding it, because he could, because he was rich. Had he ran off to France while denouncing the Vietnam war that would be one thing, but to advocate for the war and run from it at the same time has no honor. Bill Clinton, avoided the war but was against the war. John Kerry advocated and went to the war only to come back and blast it. Both have honor in my opinion, but Mitt, supported the war but wanted no part of it himself. Lack of integrity and guts any way you look at it.

How come liberals don't like Romney? Considering he's a moderate, it could have been a lot worse. I would consider Obama much more liberal than Romney conversative. I was actually thinking Romney was going to win, one of major factors being he's more towards the center between the two. Not so much now though, after the storm whatnot.

Romney

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    How come liberals don't like Romney? Considering he's a moderate, it could have been a lot worse. I would consider Obama much more liberal than Romney conversative. I was actually thinking Romney was going to win, one of major factors being he's more towards the center between the two. Not so much now though, after the storm whatnot.
    He is so far right, how do you think he is moderate. He is a venture capitalist for God's sake. Google that and see how they make money.

Absolutely no disrespect to you.

You earned your opinion. I wish that you had not been subjected to that either. I had a lot of relatives there and I have a lot of friends who were there and are not here now, directly related to being there. I just don't think we need a guy rattling sabres for going to war with anyone when he was personally too chicken **** to go himself. I wish your parents had been had had the means to put you in French P*&&y rather than Vietnam but sadly that is not what the most of us can manage.

He is so far right, how do you think he is moderate. He is a venture capitalist for God's sake. Google that and see how they make money.
    Ok.

Venture capital (VC) is financial capital provided to early-stage, high-potential, high risk, growth startup companies. The venture capital fund makes money by owning equity in the companies it invests in, which usually have a novel technology or business model in high technology industries, such as biotechnology, IT, software, etc. The typical venture capital investment occurs after the seed funding round as growth funding round (also referred to as Series A round) in the interest of generating a return through an eventual realization event, such as an IPO or trade sale of the company. Venture capital is a subset of private equity. Therefore, all venture capital is private equity, but not all private equity is venture capital.[1]

In addition to angel investing and other seed funding options, venture capital is attractive for new companies with limited operating history that are too small to raise capital in the public markets and have not reached the point where they are able to secure a bank loan or complete a debt offering. In exchange for the high risk that venture capitalists assume by investing in smaller and less mature companies, venture capitalists usually get significant control over company decisions, in addition to a significant portion of the company's ownership (and consequently value).

Venture capital is also associated with job creation (accounting for 2% of US GDP),[2] the knowledge economy, and used as a proxy measure of innovation within an economic sector or geography. Every year, there are nearly 2 million businesses created in the USA, and 600800 get venture capital funding. According to the National Venture Capital Association, 11% of private sector jobs come from venture backed companies and venture backed revenue accounts for 21% of US GDP.[3]

It is also a way in which public and private actors can construct an institution that systematically creates networks for the new firms and industries, so that they can progress. This institution helps in identifying and combining pieces of companies, like finance, technical expertise, know-hows of marketing and business models. Once integrated, these enterprises succeed by becoming nodes in the search networks for designing and building products in their domain.
    Seems ok to me.

Whats your complaint, specificly?

Source please?

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Ok.

Seems ok to me.

Whats your complaint, specificly?
    where exactly did you get that sh*%?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

where exactly did you get that sh*%?
    there is more to finance than Gordon Gecko

Aren't we getting a little off topic.

The point of the post was that Mitt Romney, advocated for the Vietnam war while running his p&)&y ass to France and getting four deferments while 58,000 regular Americans of lesser means died and 300,000 more were maimed instead of going and defending what he supposedly believed in, and now wanting the power to send other less fortunate souls to death for such a fine cause as Vietnam.

Jets Insider VIP
    do you have evidence of Governor Romney "advoccating" the Vietnam war during the time of the Vietnam war?

Ive never seen it

I wouldn't include him in the list of Chivkenhawks like Robert McNamara, Donald Rumsfeld or Dick Cheney

Here it is.

do you have evidence of Governor Romney "advoccating" the Vietnam war during the time of the Vietnam war?

Ive never seen it

I wouldn't include him in the list of Chivkenhawks like Robert McNamara, Donald Rumsfeld or Dick Cheney

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/1727...fully-avoided/

Ive never seen it

You left out Billy Blue Dress.

Just an honest oversight on your part I'm sure....

Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    You left out Billy Blue Dress.

Just an honest oversight on your part I'm sure....
    Clinton was against the war. I guess you missed that part.

No i didn't

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Clinton was against the war. I guess you missed that part.
    And rightfully so. He even avoided the draft. But he was AGAINST the war. Romney was for the war and then ran from service. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE.

Obama loves this country . . . but apologizes for it every chance he gets.

He respects law enforcement . . . but calls them "stupid" before knowing the facts.

He understands the importance of foreign security . . . but lets an embassy get attacked on 9-11.

He believes in transparency . . . but runs one of the most thickly veiled administrations ever.

Why would anyone want to replace such a man of his word?

A man who says what he believes should be done, as long as someone else does it -- maybe Romney is a liberal after all

Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Obama loves this country . . . but apologizes for it every chance he gets.

He respects law enforcement . . . but calls them "stupid" before knowing the facts.

He understands the importance of foreign security . . . but lets an embassy get attacked on 9-11.

He believes in transparency . . . but runs one of the most thickly veiled administrations ever.

Why would anyone want to replace such a man of his word?

I am a twenty year veteran in the U.S. Army and a twenty one year cop. I support Barack Obama and his government has been completely transparent. If you do not think so, I have to assume your a regular Fox news watcher and I pretty sure I am right, just due to my professional intuition. So go F&Uj yourself and get ready for four more years of rational thought.

The point of this post...

was that Romney is a war mongering draft dodger. if you do not have proof against that you need not reply. I think I have proved that he is.

I am a twenty year veteran in the U.S. Army and a twenty one year cop. I support Barack Obama and his government has been completely transparent. If you do not think so, I have to assume your a regular Fox news watcher and I pretty sure I am right, just due to my professional intuition. So go F&Uj yourself and get ready for four more years of rational thought.
    You're 58+ at the bare minimum according to your post and you have the political savvy of an 8 year old...