Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: colin klein a winner

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

colin klein a winner

if the jets go down the drain this season.the jets no matter what it takes.should look to draft colin klein of kansas state.what a pleasure to watch this kid mow down the opposition.he will be a future all pro.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Tim Tebow blows but the Jets should do everything they can to draft his clone?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So Tim Tebow blows but the Jets should do everything they can to draft his clone?
    This. Perhaps this kid can prove that he has an NFL arm, but for now he is just a glorified Tim Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colin Klein =

He'll be a bust just like him. For anyone who doesn't recognize the pic, It's the Immortal Rick Mirer.

That is, if he doesn't end up being the clone of Tebow. Tebow, with an arm, would be Rick Mirer....IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give me Tyler Wilson. Watch the full footage of him playing LSU last year. He will be a good player with the right coaching (see Turner, Norv as OC)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello check colin kleins stats.kansas state is 8 and 0

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez is horrible.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    hello check colin kleins stats.kansas state is 8 and 0
    /end thread. College stats and win totals are not the be all as far as prospects are concerned. If it were Tebow would be the most dominant player in the NFL right now. And despite what his fanboys will tell you, he is not anything close to that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Give me Tyler Wilson. Watch the full footage of him playing LSU last year. He will be a good player with the right coaching (see Turner, Norv as OC)
    This would be the best move the Jets have made in a decade. Hope he tanks it this season and gets axed in SD.

VERY possible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    This would be the best move the Jets have made in a decade. Hope he tanks it this season and gets axed in SD.

VERY possible.
    Very possible he gets axed or very possible he gets axed and gets hired by Jets as their next OC? Remember that Rex took a shot at Turner last year with his comment about how he couldn't believe SD didn't win a Super Bowl on Turner's watch with all the talent they had. Sounded harmless, but there still could be bad blood over it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Very possible he gets axed or very possible he gets axed and gets hired by Jets as their next OC? Remember that Rex took a shot at Turner last year with his comment about how he couldn't believe SD didn't win a Super Bowl on Turner's watch with all the talent they had. Sounded harmless, but there still could be bad blood over it.
    Great point.

Im guessing Rex and Sparano had a few jabs while going against each other 2x a year, but it worked itself out.

I wasnt saying it was going to happen, but id be in favor of Norvell running the O here in 2013.

Would you be?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    two words: Johnny Manziel

I'm not drafting a qb until this kid comes out in 2-3 years.

He's a right handed Steve Young.
    Last edited by chops44; 11-04-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chops44 View Post
    two words: Johnny Manziel

I'm not drafting a qb until this kid comes out in 2-3 years.

He's a right handed Steve Young.
    Way too small. Probably under 6' and probably under 200 lbs. He'll get dinged.

Great athlete at the college level. What about his arm?

I just saw Zach Mettenberger almost beat Alabama. That's what I want the next Jet QB to look like 6'4-5, 230+, with a cannon. The guy was in junior college last year, and he looked head and shoulders better than Sanchez in Year 4 in the NFL, tonight. He can even hit a screen pass where he catches the receiver in stride. I still can't believe my team invested $58M in a guy who has trouble even completing a screen pass haha....only the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's listed at 6'2, but who knows if that's true or not.
    I'm sure he'll gain some good weight n the next 2-3 years.

Plays Bama next week so we'll get to see his arm because they'll be clogging up the running lanes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chops44 View Post
    He's listed at 6'2, but who knows if that's true or not.
    I'm sure he'll gain some good weight n the next 2-3 years.

Plays Bama next week so we'll get to see his arm because they'll be clogging up the running lanes.
    Manziel might be listed at 6'2", but he's more like 5'10" or so.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    Way too small. Probably under 6' and probably under 200 lbs. He'll get dinged.

Great athlete at the college level. What about his arm?

I just saw Zach Mettenberger almost beat Alabama. That's what I want the next Jet QB to look like 6'4-5, 230+, with a cannon. The guy was in junior college last year, and he looked head and shoulders better than Sanchez in Year 4 in the NFL, tonight. He can even hit a screen pass where he catches the receiver in stride. I still can't believe my team invested $58M in a guy who has trouble even completing a screen pass haha....only the Jets.
    Mettenberger is terrible. That was the first good game he's played all year. He's been so bad that LSU fans were wishing they still had Jordan Jefferson before he got arrested for weed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    You do have something there, I forgot about it. Plus Rex may be seen as something of a lame duck coach, and Turner might not want to come aboard for a year and the next coach be an offensive guy and want his own system.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We already have a "winner" on the roster. No, not Tebow. McElroy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Klein has a 71.1% completion rate this year, 72.4% for his career at KState. his worst season was a 57.3%, which is still better then Sanchez's best. he's being compared to tim tebow cause he has 17 rushing TDs this year, on top of 12 passing TDs. he's gonna be a good one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Collin Klein is much better than Tim Tebow. He's taller and has a more compact throwing motion. He went to a QB camp this summer to improve his throwing motion and his accuracy has improved by leaps and bounds. He is also tough as nails and I think moves quicker than Tebow.