Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards

Braylon Edwards

Sanchez screwed himself by not going to bat for this guy. Why on earth would HE let the FO dump BE?

Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Sanchez screwed himself by not going to bat for this guy. Why on earth would HE let the FO dump BE?
    Just Dump. WR is the least of our issues. Schilens 16 rec and 150 is twice what BE has right now in Seattle. Not missed at all.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Just Dump. WR is the least of our issues. Schilens 16 rec and 150 is twice what BE has right now in Seattle. Not missed at all.
    Okay.. while i agree that this board has gone way overboard with the braylon threads although I think we do miss him, this is just crazy..

Braylon was a good fit with sanchez in NY, he would be our #1 receiver right now if he was still here, chaz schilens only runs one route which is a 2 yard slant and that barely works, so yea.. bray>chaz anyday

Veteran
    Despite there was chemistry in the past with Sanchez, I think Braylon is way too overrated here.

All League
    SMH

He is not the same player he was before the injury. If the knee was degenerative the jets made the right decision in letting him go. It just sucks for jet fans that Holmes turned out to be who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He is not the same player he was before the injury. If the knee was degenerative the jets made the right decision in letting him go. It just sucks for jet fans that Holmes turned out to be who he is.
    Correct. His knee is shot.

He was a physical beast -- very fast, very explosive, and very powerful. The first two things are gone now. He can't do what he used to do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Silly OP Sanchez is now being blamd for the complexion of our putrid roster!!!

Good Grief!!!

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Correct. His knee is shot.

He was a physical beast -- very fast, very explosive, and very powerful. The first two things are gone now. He can't do what he used to do.
    Great player in his prime. As a Patriots fan, I hold Edwards personally responsible for ruining Darius Butler's career. After a promising rookie season in 2009, Butler was abused so badly by Edwards in early 2010 that his confidence appeared shattered. He was never the same player again.

Again with this?

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Great player in his prime. As a Patriots fan, I hold Edwards personally responsible for ruining Darius Butler's career. After a promising rookie season in 2009, Butler was abused so badly by Edwards in early 2010 that his confidence appeared shattered. He was never the same player again.
    Death by Dougie.

Banned
    Sanchez can't even call his own plays.

Do you seriously think anyone would listen to his opinion about the roster?

When is BE Jets Ring of Honor ceremony?

Braylon Edwards was here 2 years... And we went to 2 consecutive AFC Championship games. I can't remember a single dropped pass from BE when he was here. You guys seriously think Stephen Hill is better than BE right now? If I was Sanchez, I would've gotten my guys back. BE and Jerricho Cotchery. Sanchez played his best football with Edwards and Cotchery.

Sanchez is a b*tch

All League
    Braylon Edwards was here 2 years... And we went to 2 consecutive AFC Championship games. I can't remember a single dropped pass from BE when he was here. You guys seriously think Stephen Hill is better than BE right now? If I was Sanchez, I would've gotten my guys back. BE and Jerricho Cotchery. Sanchez played his best football with Edwards and Cotchery.
    LOL

Nearly every great play he made was payback for an earlier botch.

BTW, Bray is inactive for the second straight week in Seattle. Same knee.

Braylon Edwards was here 2 years... And we went to 2 consecutive AFC Championship games. I can't remember a single dropped pass from BE when he was here.[/B]

You didn't watch the Bills game up in Canada back in 2009? The one where Sanchez lofted a perfect ball 50 yards down field, dropping it on a dime for what should have been an 80 yard TD bomb, but braying let it bounce off his face?

I agree, he didnt have a ton of drops for us like he had in previous years, but he did have a few, and he also had a few that should have been caught but he dropped after contact.

Hell, he dropped what should have been a 50 yard TD in his first game for us vs. the Dolphins. Hit him right in the chest.

Having said all that, he was a grey player for us.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    LOL

Nearly every great play he made was payback for an earlier botch.

BTW, Bray is inactive for the second straight week in Seattle. Same knee.
    Plaxico Burris ain't in the League
    Desmond Mason didn't last 5 weeks
    You seriously think Stephen Hill is better? He don't even payback when he botch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE2DCS1PnwU

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Sanchez can't even call his own plays.

Do you seriously think anyone would listen to his opinion about the roster?
    kind of like a pats troll thinking anyone gives a sh1 t about his opinion