Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: How is Kyle Wilson so bad..

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,230

    How is Kyle Wilson so bad..

    Wilson is just not cutting it I would have thought with the tutelage from Revis and Cro. this kid would have developed in to a stud. He has zero coverage skills and just has no straight line speed. Just waiting for him to "get it" but its just not there. KW your a bust!!!...

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,749
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Wilson is just not cutting it I would have thought with the tutelage from Revis and Cro. this kid would have developed in to a stud. He has zero coverage skills and just has no straight line speed. Just waiting for him to "get it" but its just not there. KW your a bust!!!...
    yet he was personally scouted by REX. Does REX know defensive personnel as well as he says he does? He obviously stinks trying to judge offensive talents( Suckehez and Holmes +Greene) and now even defense is called into play. Perhap the RAVENS knew him a lot better then we did. They would not make him headcoach! That probably should have been a que to TANNYBUM.

  3. #3
    He's the new Justin Miller, except he doesn't return punts or kicks. Exceptional skills, but can't put them all together at the NFL level. He's no more than an average Nickelback, and that's probably pushing it.

  4. #4
    What is this tutelage crap? You play a position using your strengths and skills, he doesn't have Revis' awareness or Cro's pure physical gifts. The only thing vet players can do that his position coach can not is to be an example for practice habits and preparing for an opponent. You don't become a good player by osmosis.

    Wilson is the player he is after 2 1/2 years in the league. The man is not horrible, he is just a below average corner playing on a team with two superior corners.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What is this tutelage crap? You play a position using your strengths and skills, he doesn't have Revis' awareness or Cro's pure physical gifts. The only thing vet players can do that his position coach can not is to be an example for practice habits and preparing for an opponent. You don't become a good player by osmosis.

    Wilson is the player he is after 2 1/2 years in the league. The man is not horrible, he is just a below average corner playing on a team with two superior corners.
    Thaaaaaank Yoooou

  6. #6
    Rex spoke out often saying Wilson was the 7th ranked player on their board, and was the top CB as well (ahead of Haden).

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What is this tutelage crap? You play a position using your strengths and skills, he doesn't have Revis' awareness or Cro's pure physical gifts. The only thing vet players can do that his position coach can not is to be an example for practice habits and preparing for an opponent. You don't become a good player by osmosis.

    Wilson is the player he is after 2 1/2 years in the league. The man is not horrible, he is just a below average corner playing on a team with two superior corners.
    The problem is that the Jets strategy of trading away draft picks just isn't working. It's robbing us of team depth. In addition Santonio's contract turned out to be a mistake. Signing Santonio to a big $50M contract with a $24M signing bonus in hindsight was the wrong choice. We could have turned that $24M into 4-6 solid players.

    Next year it's time to cut some of the big contracts and get some solid vets in here along with a full complement of draft picks. Revis should be resigned, but beyond that, I'm not sure.

  8. #8
    To me, the answer is simple. His talent was, mistakenly, over-valued. He's a future cut.

  9. #9
    Because Rex and Tanny are the worst draft combo in the Jets histor...Mangini should be the new GM

  10. #10
    One of the biggest reasons why he isn't a better CB is because he's dumb as a box of rocks. How else can you explain the finger wagging and taunting receivers on QB overthrows when he clearly gets beat. He also doesn't have the speed or quickness to be a great CB; combine that with stupidity and you get what Kyle Wilson is today...

    After the NE game he had the lack of brains to say that the defense did it's job at the end of the game and got off the field by only giving up field goals... Stupid bastage

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,322
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    He's the new Justin Miller, except he doesn't return punts or kicks. Exceptional skills, but can't put them all together at the NFL level. He's no more than an average Nickelback, and that's probably pushing it.
    What leads you to believe he has exceptional skills? Because he was drafted in the first round and highly thought of by scouts?

    After three years, he STILL can't turn his head around, locate the football, or defend a pass without drawing a flag. The finger wagging **** he does is just the cherry on top of the **** sundae that is Kyle Wilson.

    And don't give me that "hurr durr he plays behind two great corners" crap, either. On ANY team, Wilson would be toasted again and again. Why? Because he doesn't have what it takes to consistently succeed at this level. To call him an average corner would be to call Tebow an average quarterback or Schitty an average coordinator.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    What leads you to believe he has exceptional skills? Because he was drafted in the first round and highly thought of by scouts?

    After three years, he STILL can't turn his head around, locate the football, or defend a pass without drawing a flag. The finger wagging **** he does is just the cherry on top of the **** sundae that is Kyle Wilson.

    And don't give me that "hurr durr he plays behind two great corners" crap, either. On ANY team, Wilson would be toasted again and again. Why? Because he doesn't have what it takes to consistently succeed at this level. To call him an average corner would be to call Tebow an average quarterback or Schitty an average coordinator.
    This is what bothers me the most. WTF is his problem? If Wilson hasn't figured how to do this by now, he needs to be out of the NFL.

    No one in our scouting dept., looking at hours of tape on Wilson playing in college, noticed this? Everyone associated with Wilson's pick should be shown the door.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    The problem is that the Jets strategy of trading away draft picks just isn't working. It's robbing us of team depth. In addition Santonio's contract turned out to be a mistake. Signing Santonio to a big $50M contract with a $24M signing bonus in hindsight was the wrong choice. We could have turned that $24M into 4-6 solid players.

    Next year it's time to cut some of the big contracts and get some solid vets in here along with a full complement of draft picks. Revis should be resigned, but beyond that, I'm not sure.
    I really believe that if Revis did not get hurt this offseason the jets would have traded him before the draft next year. Revis will be 28 next year and he will want a very large extension as a 29YO for a 2014 team that most likely will still be rebuilding. He will probably be effective for 4 years but will want a 6 year deal.

  14. #14
    After three years, he STILL can't turn his head around, locate the football, or defend a pass without drawing a flag.

    This his most glaring problem. He plays great downhill .. And does great breaking up passes in such situations. Especially over the middle guarding the slot. But on the outside covering plays downfield he is one of the worst corners I have ever seen play the game.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 11-04-2012 at 12:08 PM.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    After the NE game he had the lack of brains to say that the defense did it's job at the end of the game and got off the field by only giving up field goals... Stupid bastage
    Not sure if this is true, but if it is, it explains a lot. Think about the truly great DBs. Could you imagine dion sanders, rod Woodson, Charles Woodson, champ bailey, or revis saying that they did their job by only allowing a FG at the end of a game? Hell, we judge revis (and it's definitely wrong to) for allowing a guy more that ONE catch!

    His play is not the problem, it our expectations of him given where he was drafted and the props the coaching staff has given him over the years.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    Not sure if this is true, but if it is, it explains a lot. Think about the truly great DBs. Could you imagine dion sanders, rod Woodson, Charles Woodson, champ bailey, or revis saying that they did their job by only allowing a FG at the end of a game? Hell, we judge revis (and it's definitely wrong to) for allowing a guy more that ONE catch!

    His play is not the problem, it our expectations of him given where he was drafted and the props the coaching staff has given him over the years.
    He said it in an interview with SNY during their Jets post game coverage.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    He's the new Justin Miller, except he doesn't return punts or kicks. Exceptional skills, but can't put them all together at the NFL level. He's no more than an average Nickelback, and that's probably pushing it.
    Wilson is a significantly better player than J-Mills. Wilson can actually play an entire NFL game - if J-Mills ever had to be a 1st team DB he wouldn't make it through a quarter without getting benched.


    Amazing we passed on Cody for a mediocre nickelback and an awful OL player who barely even sees the field.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Wilson is a significantly better player than J-Mills. Wilson can actually play an entire NFL game - if J-Mills ever had to be a 1st team DB he wouldn't make it through a quarter without getting benched.


    Amazing we passed on Cody for a mediocre nickelback and an awful OL player who barely even sees the field.
    Who's Cody?

    Also, if I remember the media coverage of the draft, he was considered a draft steal for us. He was thought to go in the top 20.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Who's Cody?

    Also, if I remember the media coverage of the draft, he was considered a draft steal for us. He was thought to go in the top 20.
    I think he is referring to Terrence Cody.

    I think the Jets were the ones calling him a steal.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think he is referring to Terrence Cody.

    I think the Jets were the ones calling him a steal.
    Terrance Cody has been okay, but not elite. Not Vince Wilfork levels.

    I remember draft boards putting Wilson in the top 15. He was considered the second best corner in that draft after Joe Haden.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us