Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: How is Kyle Wilson so bad..

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Terrance Cody has been okay, but not elite. Not Vince Wilfork levels.

    I remember draft boards putting Wilson in the top 15. He was considered the second best corner in that draft after Joe Haden.
    Cody is arguably better than Pouha at this point and at the very least would have made him expendable. Wilson was supposed to make Cro expendable but he didn't even come close to that.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Cody is arguably better than Pouha at this point and at the very least would have made him expendable. Wilson was supposed to make Cro expendable but he didn't even come close to that.
    Those two players don't take up a lot of salary cap so the point of expendability is pointless.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    The problem is that the Jets strategy of trading away draft picks just isn't working. It's robbing us of team depth. In addition Santonio's contract turned out to be a mistake. Signing Santonio to a big $50M contract with a $24M signing bonus in hindsight was the wrong choice. We could have turned that $24M into 4-6 solid players.

    Next year it's time to cut some of the big contracts and get some solid vets in here along with a full complement of draft picks. Revis should be resigned, but beyond that, I'm not sure.
    I disagree. Trading up for picks can be a good strategy. You just need to pick the right guys with those picks.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,515
    How can he get tutelage when Revis is always in the bar and Cro is always in the boudoir/nursery.

  5. #25
    The NY Jets are 6th on Pass Defense. I think that Wilson is doing a pretty good job here. Could he do better? Yes.

    I think most here are looking for a problem when there are many other issues that need fixing before KW

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,952
    Dont worry, Tanny and rex will take a cb with our 1st round pick and a dlinemen with pick number 2.

    Then we will be just fine.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,632
    Wilson is no where as bad as this board leads you to believe.. He'll most games you hardly notice him..

    He isn't Revis or Cromartie.. But he isn't close to being the worst CB in the league right now..

    Anyone got the PFF grade/rank on him

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Terrance Cody has been okay, but not elite. Not Vince Wilfork levels.

    I remember draft boards putting Wilson in the top 15. He was considered the second best corner in that draft after Joe Haden.
    Cody hasn't even been OK... Forget Wilfork and even any other average nose tackle.

    Wilson lacks makeup speed and shows questionable anticipation. You clowns who think that it's easy just to teach someone to play the position are lost.

    His skillset is perfect for a nickel corner. Not a great one, but a very good one. PFF's stats show he's been good at the very least.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,309

    Why is this so hard for folks to see

    Take a look at the way Kyle Wilson plays CB. Now take a look at the way Dwight Lowrey played CB for the Jets.

    What do u notice.

    I notice 2 players who have a problem finding the ball when moving backwards but look much better playing the ball while moving forward.

    Both Players are excellent cover 2 CBs or better at FS than they are playing bump and run or "man".

    It is amazing how much better Lowrey looked in Jacksonville at FS compared to how he looked playing CB for the Jets.It is also why both players made better plays playing the slot receiver than playing on the corner.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    After three years, he STILL can't turn his head around, locate the football, or defend a pass without drawing a flag.

    This his most glaring problem. He plays great downhill .. And does great breaking up passes in such situations. Especially over the middle guarding the slot. But on the outside covering plays downfield he is one of the worst corners I have ever seen play the game.
    WHICH IS WHY I THINK HE WOULD MAKE A BETTER SAFETY than a CB.

  11. #31
    It's easy... Tannenbaum has no scouting background at all... Also, he's never coached... So he really doesn't know what's going on at field level...

    He's a lawyer who negotiates contracts, and then Woody says "let him shop for the groceries...."

    Then you get pix like Wilson, Gohlston, Ducasse, Hill....

  12. #32
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by afesposit View Post
    It's easy... Tannenbaum has no scouting background at all... Also, he's never coached... So he really doesn't know what's going on at field level...

    He's a lawyer who negotiates contracts, and then Woody says "let him shop for the groceries...."

    Then you get pix like Wilson, Gohlston, Ducasse, Hill....
    Hill? Really? Eight games into his career and you've quit on him? Seriously if that's the way you think, then go find a new team to root for or just stick to fantasy football.

    Also, you rip on Tanny because he's never coached? In all seriousness, how many current NFL GMs have coaching experience in the NFL?

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    Because Rex and Tanny are the worst draft combo in the Jets histor...Mangini should be the new GM
    Mangini and tanny were superior to rex and tanny.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Dont worry, Tanny and rex will take a cb with our 1st round pick and a dlinemen with pick number 2.

    Then we will be just fine.
    Pavlovs dog theory in the NFL?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Hill? Really? Eight games into his career and you've quit on him? Seriously if that's the way you think, then go find a new team to root for or just stick to fantasy football.

    Also, you rip on Tanny because he's never coached? In all seriousness, how many current NFL GMs have coaching experience in the NFL?
    Hill was a stupid 2nd round pick... Have you not noticed that the Jets like to pick "projects" w/ their high picks.... You are as smart as Tannenbaum when it comes to picking talent obviously.....

    Has Tannenbaum ever been a scout? Nope... Getting BB coffee and running photocopies doesn't make him anywhere near qualified to be picking players... This guy is a joke of a GM.....

  16. #36
    I'd rather have the ghost of Dick Steinburg than than a living tannenbaum...

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,404
    Quote Originally Posted by afesposit View Post
    I'd rather have the ghost of Dick Steinburg than than a living tannenbaum...
    Ill throw in Bruce Coslett.....

  18. #38
    I admit... I do love when Kyle Wilson celebrates after being beaten by 3 yards, but the QB just overthrew the ball...

  19. #39
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by afesposit View Post
    Hill was a stupid 2nd round pick... Have you not noticed that the Jets like to pick "projects" w/ their high picks.... You are as smart as Tannenbaum when it comes to picking talent obviously.....

    Has Tannenbaum ever been a scout? Nope... Getting BB coffee and running photocopies doesn't make him anywhere near qualified to be picking players... This guy is a joke of a GM.....
    Lighten up Francis. How is Hill a bad pick? A guy with off the charts measurables at a position that we sorely needed a playmaker at was a bad pick? Maybe, just maybe you wait until the guy has played more than 5 games to pronounce him a bust? Nah, its easier to call him a bust because he hasn't cracked 1000 yds yet this year.

    And I never said anything about Tanny's scouting experience, I commented on you calling him out for a lack of coaching experience. Again, coaching, not scouting. And you ignored my question of how many Gms have coached in the NFL, instead you just piled on with your mindless b*tching about everything. Carry on, don't let me, or facts, or logical reasoning get in the way of your agenda.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,632
    Hill is far from a bust..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us