Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox Pre Game/Robots

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

Fox Pre Game/Robots

What gives with the robots? I thought it was just a temporary ploy while they came up with something more creative, but its been what, 5 or 6 years now?

WHy does this pregame suck so bad, and what the hell gives with the robots?

The flexing/ball spiking robot is one of the biggest POS ideas ever foisted on the football viewing public. I never got the concept. And you're right, it looks 100 times more goofy/lame than when FOX debuted that garbage.

Not only that, but he now has his own ****ing twitter (@cleatus)

Veteran
    Whenever I watch a game with someone who is not a football nut, they always ask what that is about. I've yet to find a good answer.

I think a better idea for lead ins/outs is to post fantasy stats. It more realivent.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    Whenever I watch a game with someone who is not a football nut, they always ask what that is about. I've yet to find a good answer.

I think a better idea for lead ins/outs is to post fantasy stats. It more realivent.
    I like your coinage. Next time, put (sic) to let folks know your intent.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    The flexing/ball spiking robot is one of the biggest POS ideas ever foisted on the football viewing public. I never got the concept. And you're right, it looks 100 times more goofy/lame than when FOX debuted that garbage.
    Fox used the robots with their NHL coverage in the 90's too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8wi3...eature=related

Veteran
    i think for sports, fox is the worst. i'll take NFLN's Thursday Night Football over Fox sunday football.

It is a part of what is wrong about sports in general. It gives off an arrogant, look at me, selfish, etc attitude that most purist hate.

Nothing is worse than the Robot Turkey on Thanksgiving.

The robot pisses me off to no end! Throughout any Fox sporting event there are endless unnecessary animations and sound effects. They're like the Michael Bay of sports broadcasting. Definitely makes some of our CBS clowns a little more tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    The robot pisses me off to no end! Throughout any Fox sporting event there are endless unnecessary animations and sound effects. They're like the Michael Bay of sports broadcasting. Definitely makes some of our CBS clowns a little more tolerable.
    One aspect which I like about FOX coverage? Unlike CBS, they don't go to a network promo, or other commercial, after each play.

On a completely unrelated note...

The new Coors ads with mountain climbers are fun and creative...much better than those craptastic trains advertisements.

Still not as good as the coaches press conference commercials tho...

One aspect which I like about FOX coverage? Unlike CBS, they don't go to a network promo, or other commercial, after each play.
    Hmmm... Never noticed/thought about this. I'll think about it now, though.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 11-04-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Tom Brady Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    On a completely unrelated note...

The new Coors ads with mountain climbers are fun and creative...much better than those craptastic trains advertisements.

Still not as good as the coaches press conference commercials tho...
    Nothing beats the coach press conference ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Hmmm... Never noticed/thought about this. I'll think about it now, though.
    It's true. Drives my family nuts. CBS coverage is non-stop promos.

LOL at your correction message.

LOL at your correction message.
    Thanks man, beats the hell out of "type-o"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I never understood why a robot would be programmed to play football. Also, it's ironic name -- Cleatus, a combination of cleats and Cletus -- is painfully unfunny.

^ I'm curious as to what kind of a name is Cleatus or Cletus.

Sounds like a bad word. Or something to describe a woman's........

I think they're aiming for the rural folks with that one....
    Cletus from the Simpsons