Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Denver and Houston...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Imagine what Manning will do to that Pats secondary in the playoffs? You know, the one that made Sanchez look like an above average NFL QB. Yikes
    The Pats already played Manning and the Broncos.

They completely shut him down for 3 quarters, running up a lead of 31-7.

Manning got 2 TD's and a bunch of passing yards in garbage time when the game was already over.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Manning got 2 TD's and a bunch of passing yards in garbage time when the game was already over.
    Gastineau99 seems to be under the impression that Peyton is going to maintain his 300+ yard, 77% completion clip all the way through December and January outdoors.

I mean, that's totally sustainable, because it's Peyton.

The Pats have the best offense in the league by just about every metric you can find. They score more points and get more yards than everybody. If Hernandez is healthy, they are fully capable of going into god-mode. It's going to be a tight AFC race, no matter what.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 11-06-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Wow, Pats D must be really good. lolz

Ravens look like crap, honestly. Relying on Flacco is really bad and they don't give the ball to Rice nearly enough. When Lewis went down so did most of their hopes. Don't get me wrong they still will make the playoffs but Flacco is not a very good QB.

The Pats are a tier below Pittsburgh, Denver, and Houston. But that's a team on the rise, honestly. Lots of young talent on D. Brady's got 3-5 more years in him at least. I just don't see it this year.

Pittsburgh gets bumped up to tier 1 by beating the Giants and due to Roethlisberger being arguably the best QB in the NFL thus far. He has to be a serious MVP candidate. They have had serious injuries to key players and some others (Harrison) haven't really done crap even when healthy.

Houston is screwed if Schaub gets hurt. Other than that, I can't see them not winning the AFC unless.........

Denver doesn't lose a crap game. Denver should, for all intents and purposes, win out. Only the game at Baltimore should really even come close to raising a flag and I'll take them there. Flacco's immobile and Champ Bailey is still a shutdown corner somehow at age 90.

Houston and Denver will duke out top seed, but I still like the Steelers coming out of the conference this year for the Super Bowl. Ben looks possessed. And that's before we factor in that if you don't have Ben, Brady, or Peyton you don't have one of the past 10 SB winning QB's in the conference.

Houston wins the South.
    Baltimore wins the North.
    Pats win the East.
    Denver wins the West.
    Pittsburgh gets in as a Wild Card.
    Cinci probably gets the other one although the Colts could sneak in. Not that it matters, this team is fodder no matter who it is.

I'll also take the Steelers to win the whole damned thing in a tight game against Green Bay.

Hell I'll predict next year:

Kaepernick wins Harbaugh a title over the Pats.

I stand by what I said. Even with the Giants slumping, they still take the East, Chicago went down to Houston and still hasn't beaten a quality team, as is the norm with Lovie Smith. The tie for the 49ers was unfortunate, but Kaepernick settled in well after some early jitters. They still take the West.

Banned
    Good enough for a 6-3 record and leading the NFL in forced turnovers.

Good enough for a 6-3 record and leading the NFL in forced turnovers.
    Not even in the same ballpark as Denver or Texans. Both showed this week why they are the class of the AFC. Pats D was horrific once again.

Banned
    Not even in the same ballpark as Denver or Texans. Both showed this week why they are the class of the AFC. Pats D was horrific once again.
    Dude, even with that defense, the Pats are 4 points from being 9-0.

Don't you have more things to worry about than the defense of the 1st place AFCE team?

Don't you have more things to worry about than the defense of the 1st place AFCE team?
    Actually no. This is a good time to cull Patriots fans off the Jets boards that they only occupy to troll.

Houston, Pittsburgh, and Denver are miles ahead of your Pats this year.

Dude, even with that defense, the Pats are 4 points from being 9-0.

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds coming from a guy trolling another teams fan site? Especially since you are touting the Pats horrible D on this thread and I'm responding to you! LOL

Good enough.

Rookie
    The Patriot's season starts this week vs Colts and Luck.

They have to face some tough teams in Indy, San Fran, Houston, and Miami x2 .

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Actually no. This is a good time to cull Patriots fans off the Jets boards that they only occupy to troll.

With Ben out for a few weeks that may not even matter. And even prior to the injury, the Steelers were looking fairly pitiful against the Chiefs last night.

People seem to forget that the Ravens are still winning games and are in the driver's seat for a bye. They will still be a major factor in the AFC playoff picture.

Right now I'd say the AFC looks like this:

Texans

Broncos
    Pats
    Ravens
    Steelers

Colts
    Bengals
    Dolphins

===========
    who cares

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    The Pats already smoked the Broncos.

How are they better?

How are they better?
    This is true.

If the Pats were in the NFC, they'd be below the Seahawks and Arizona.

As it stands now in the AFC, the Ravens are better than the Patriots as well.

How are they better?
    Better QB play, better present D, much higher ceiling for the D. Pats have probably their weakest team under Belicheck since 2009, and 2006 is the only other year I can think of that it would compare to. Sorry, Jets may not be a good team, but neither are the Pats. Just be happy you play in a bad division.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Patriots dont start really playing until December anyhow...
    This was the warm up season, now the Patriots will start to open things up.

There can be no denying the Defense has serious issues, but they did last season as well, then in the last 2-3 games really played well and gave them a good push into the playoffs.

Boy, thats hard to say.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Patriots dont start really playing until December anyhow...
    This was the warm up season, now the Patriots will start to open things up.

There can be no denying the Defense has serious issues, but they did last season as well, then in the last 2-3 games really played well and gave them a good push into the playoffs.

Boy, thats hard to say.
    Back to back games with the Texans and 49ers will tell alot about this Patriots team.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Back to back games with the Texans and 49ers will tell alot about this Patriots team.
    Think we already know what the Pats got this year...lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Think we already know what the Pats got this year...lol
    6-3 and on top of the AFCE once again?

BTW, how is last place in the AFCE working for you?