Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver and Houston...

Denver and Houston...

Are head and shoulders above the rest of the AFC. Going to be fun to see who gets homefield advantage for the AFC Champonship game.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    You have to put the Pats, Steelers in the conversation too.

Also, look out, but the Dolphins could be 6-3 after today. Not a true threat yet to the upper tear teams (until they beat somebody top 5)

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

Also, look out, but the Dolphins could be 6-3 after today. Not a true threat yet to the upper tear teams (until they beat somebody top 5)
    They play New England in a few weeks. We'll see then.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    They play New England in a few weeks. We'll see then.
    Normally i would barf at the thought, but i will LOVE to see a Dolphin/Pats matchup in a few weeks.

COuld be a great division game.

Dolphins will be lucky to finish 9-7, broncos will prolly finish 12-4 at the worst.

Thankfully it's pretty obvious that the Pats are not going to be a serious player in the AFC this year. That secondary is just horrendous. Made Sanchez look like an NFL quarterback.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Dolphins will be lucky to finish 9-7, broncos will prolly finish 12-4 at the worst.

Thankfully it's pretty obvious that the Pats are not going to be a serious player in the AFC this year. That secondary is just horrendous. Made Sanchez look like an NFL quarterback.
    I disagree.

Why do you think the Dolphins will win only another few games? If Bush stays healthy, they look like a real competitor. Do they seem fake to you?

The Pats secondary was also horrendous last season. It mended well at the right time, and they went to the SB. Add in the fact that they appear to have a great rb in Ridley this season, and some new talent on the D front line, why would you not expect them to compete. Again.

The Pats have the #1 offense in the league and are easily a top 3 team in the AFC. LOL at saying they won't be players. Neither the Texans nor the Broncos is exactly rolling right now against 2 pretty bad teams. Texans @ Pats will have major implications.

It's the typical craptacular regular season Pats team, with a great offense and horrible D, except the offense isn't as good as usual. They have struggled against good defenses this year, and their D won't stop anyone.

Denver is winning 17-3 against a playoff caliber team in Cincy, btw.

Pats are probably in the 2nd tier with the Ravens, Chargers and Steelers. Although, I think the Ravens are garbage this year. Pats are prolly 1 and done tho year, maybe Chargers knock them out.

LOl at Miami

It's the typical craptacular regular season Pats team, with a great offense and horrible D, except the offense isn't as good as usual. They have struggled against good defenses this year, and their D won't stop anyone.

Pats are probably in the 2nd tier with the Ravens, Chargers and Steelers. Although, I think the Ravens are garbage this year. Pats are prolly 1 and done tho year, maybe Chargers knock them out.
    yes a team from Cal is going to come to NE in Jan and beat the pats.

They have struggled against good Ds?, the scored 30 on the Ravens in Balt and 23 on the Seahawaks in Seattle, no other road team has even come close to those two totals.

Houston is a good team, and it looks like the SB will go thru there.

The Patriots already beat the Broncos this year and the Bengals are about as "playoff caliber" as the Titans. Otherwise, great thread.

And Denver blew that lead against a mediocre Bengals team until late in the game.

The Pats have proven they can score big on Denver's D, I would expect any matchup between them to be similar to the shootout earlier in the season.

The Texans are the only team that would be favored over the Pats on a neutral field, and the Bills hung with them through most of the game on the road.

You're vastly overstating the difference between the top AFC teams this season. None of them is unstoppable.

Jets Insider VIP

The Blowfish happily LOST to INDY. LUCK will be the best QB in the NFL one day! That kid has it!

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    The Patriots already beat the Broncos this year and the Bengals are about as "playoff caliber" as the Titans. Otherwise, great thread.
    +1. This is nothing but an attempt by the OP to bait some trolls. In light of the fact that the Pats have already beaten the Broncos, and pretty handily at that, I don't see how can you argue the Pats aren't in the conversation.

I think Houston is easily the best team in the AFC. The Ravens have the next best record, but all the injuries have significantly weakened them. IMHO, the Packers are the league's best team with 3 losses.

All Pro
    Broncos aren't head and shoulders above anyone. They've already gotten their asses kicked by both the Texans and Pats.

Right now it's Houston then everyone else.

I'd probably go

1. Houston (far and away)
    2. Pats
    3. Broncos
    4. Ravens
    5. Steelers
    6. Dolphins

Colts might sneak in into the playoffs but they suck.

The rest of the AFC (Jets, Titans, Bills, Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Jags, Bengals, Browns) pretty much sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Broncos aren't head and shoulders above anyone. They've already gotten their asses kicked by both the Texans and Pats.

Right now it's Houston then everyone else.

I'd probably go

1. Houston (far and away)
    2. Pats
    3. Broncos
    4. Ravens
    5. Steelers
    6. Dolphins

Colts might sneak in into the playoffs but they suck.

The rest of the AFC (Jets, Titans, Bills, Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Jags, Bengals, Browns) pretty much sucks...
    well...under this scenario, the JETSbwill have beaten 2 teams with winning records.

Whats the prize for that?

All League

The Chargers?? That team in San Diego that has been a favorite of the media for the past 5+ years, usually win the worst division in the AFC and never does anything in the playoffs (if they get there) and has Norv Turner as their Head Coach?

Yeah they will be the ones to knock off Brady, Belichick and the rest of the defending AFC Champs. LOL sorry man but I have no idea why some still think that team is a real threat after proving year after year they are over hyped.

I hate the Pats as much as any Jets fan.....maybe even more having to live in MA surrounded by many bandwagon fans, mixed in with some true ones......but that doesn't mean I am going to discredit what they have done and how good they are. Yeah the secondary is weak, but that didn't stop them from being 1 catch away from SB Champs last year, plus they added the guy from TB recently and most Jets fans say we should trade Revis cause having a top secondary is over rated, you need a pass rush to win. The Pats having two young ones that are improving should help out that secondary.

IMO, so far, it is:

1. Houston
    2. New England
    3. Denver
    4. Baltimore
    5. Pittsburgh

Sent from my LG-P999

lol the dolphins could be 6-3? ... they could have been 5-3 but they are 4-4 now ... what season are u watching