Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver and Houston...

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    They have struggled against good Ds?, the scored 30 on the Ravens in Balt and 23 on the Seahawaks in Seattle, no other road team has even come close to those two totals.

Houston is a good team, and it looks like the SB will go thru there.
    Yep, Ravens aren't a good D anymore, but they struggled against the Seahawks, Cards and Jets (who aren't even a good D this year). Pats will prolly win 11 games, but they won't do anything in the playoffs. Deep down, you know this.

Pats won't have a home game after the first round, if they even get past the first round. No way they beat Denver in Denver. Denver is better at every position on the field, Belichicks coaching advantage won't be enough to overcome that.

Denver I right there with the Texans. That will become more obvious as the season goes on. Broncos might not lose another game this year.

To say that Denver wouldn't be favored over the Pats on a neutral field is laughable. Other than Tight End, QB (tie), DT (Wilfat) and maybe Mayo, the Broncos are better at every position. I do t give a sh*t of the Pats beat the Broncos 5 weeks ago. Denver is a much better team right now.
    Last edited by Gastineau99; 11-04-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Steelers are garbage. It's Denver, Houston an everyone else. I'll give the Pats and Chargers at the top of the next tier.

Very good chance we will see Eli vs. Payton in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Yep, Ravens aren't a good D anymore, but they struggled against the Seahawks, Cards and Jets (who aren't even a good D this year). Pats will prolly win 11 games, but they won't do anything in the playoffs. Deep down, you know this.

Pats won't have a home game after the first round, if they even get past the first round. No way they beat Denver in Denver. Denver is better at every position on the field, Belichicks coaching advantage won't be enough to overcome that.
    The pats only have 1 conference loss and the broncos have 2. The pats won the head to head, so that is like a 2 game lead for home field. The broncos still have to play 4 games on the road and the pats only have to play 3 more. and you think the pats will play in mile high?

I think this years patriot team is better than last. The additions of Jones, Hightower and Lloyd make them a much better team than last year. Please understand while they lost three games, all three games were lost by a total of 4 points.

With both Gregory and Chung out for the majority of this season they have not made the expected improvement in the defensive backfield, but the addtion of Talib, the improved play of Ex jet Cole point to a expected improvement when Gregory and Chung return.

And who do yo figure that Thomas, Stokely and Decker are better than Welker, Gronk, Hernandez and Lloyd. or that Denver's running game is better when they are ranked 17th and the pats are #4.
    Last edited by patman; 11-04-2012 at 07:07 PM.

So, basically you're saying you don't think any playoff team that hasn't advanced in the last few years isn't going to again this year?

All Pro
    Steelers are garbage. Very good chance we will see Eli vs. Payton in the Super Bowl.
    You mean the Steelers who just stuffed the Giants at home.

All League
    Steelers are garbage. It's Denver, Houston an everyone else. I'll give the Pats and Chargers at the top of the next tier.

Steelers just went to Jersey, straight off the plane, and handled the Giants. Steelers should have won by more than 4, but in the NFL there are no "should of" regardless they handled them.

Chargers will be lucky to take a wild card spot, where in that scenario they would travel to NE, Denver, or Pittsburgh/Baltimore. Your telling me those over hyped, powder blue wearing, Norv Turner coaching team will upset one of those teams in the first round on the road IF they get a WC? When they usually lose at home in the playoffs, if they even make it (which they couldn't do last season where Denver won that division at 8-8)???

Everyone's entitled to their opinion......I just don't see the logic in yours. But its the NFL, any given Sunday, you never know, etc.

Sent from my LG-P999

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    Steelers just went to Jersey, straight off the plane, and handled the Giants. Steelers should have won by more than 4, but in the NFL there are no "should of" regardless they handled them.

Chargers will be lucky to take a wild card spot, where in that scenario they would travel to NE, Denver, or Pittsburgh/Baltimore. Your telling me those over hyped, powder blue wearing, Norv Turner coaching team will upset one of those teams in the first round on the road IF they get a WC? When they usually lose at home in the playoffs, if they even make it (which they couldn't do last season where Denver won that division at 8-8)???

Everyone's entitled to their opinion......I just don't see the logic in yours. But its the NFL, any given Sunday, you never know, etc.

Sent from my LG-P999
    He just lets his hatred of the Pats influence his thought process. Some fans just can't look at other teams rationally.

Right now the Broncos and the Texans are the two hottest teams in the AFC. Won't ever count out the Pasts* as long as Brady's around (sickens me to say) and Indy's certainly playing inspired considering their coaching situation. Would not surprise me if those two made a run. Peyton looks like he has returned, though. Keep in mind that the Texans throughly took care of the Broncos right before Devner got hot.

I'd rank the AFC like this:

1. Texans
    2. Broncos
    3. Steelers
    4. Pats
    5. Ravens
    6. no team worthy of ranking, rest of AFC is horrible

NFC:

1. Packers (if healthy)
    2. Bears
    3. Giants
    4. Niners
    5. Falcons
    6. Seahawks

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I'd rank the AFC like this:

1. Texans
    2. Broncos
    3. Steelers
    4. Pats
    5. Ravens
    6. no team worthy of ranking, rest of AFC is horrible

NFC:

1. Packers (if healthy)
    2. Bears
    3. Giants
    4. Niners
    5. Falcons
    6. Seahawks
    Good call

Steelers are back in the conversation. Chargers would be 6. They are still pretty solid. Good D and QB.

Sent from my LG-P999
    I think Chargers will get a Wild Card spot. Denver is going to run away with the Division. They have a super soft schedule, and really shouldn't lose another game. Prolly will, but on paper they will be favored in every game the rest of the way.

Look at the schedules, troll. Tiebreakers aren't going to matter when the Broncos have 3 more wins than the Putz.

Like I said, Denver is better at every position except for the few exceptions I mwntioned at TE, LB and DT... Maybe an O-Lineman. Not sure, but Pats O-line looks like crap this year. They win because of Brady, but when matches up against one of the best QBs ever, that won't be enough.

It was pretty much a no-brainer when Manning signed with Denver that they should immediately become the team to beat. It wasn't looking good early in the year, but you can tell he is getting back to his old self out there. The soft schedule will get them home field for at least the Divisional round, and if they eat the teams they are supposed to, they will have home field throughout. Pats won't beat Manning in Denver with those guys coming off the edge.

Sent from my LG-P999

Agreed

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Right now the Broncos and the Texans are the two hottest teams in the AFC. ... Keep in mind that the Texans throughly took care of the Broncos right before Devner got hot.

Broncos "got hot" once they stopped playing teams with winning records. Prior to that they were 2-3. They are 1-3 against teams with winning records. Manning is playing well. But Broncos are still suspect in a lot of areas, like most teams. I don't really see an "odds on" favorite in the AFC right now. I think this could turn out to be a really interesting, hard to predict year.

Rookie
    Texans vs Pats will be the game that tells who is the team to beat in the AFC.

Pats secondary is the big ? How much does it improve with Talib at CB and McCourty possibly moving to Safety.

Even a small improvement to slightly below average will make them tough to beat.

Banned

Like I said, Denver is better at every position except for the few exceptions I mwntioned at TE, LB and DT... Maybe an O-Lineman. Not sure, but Pats O-line looks like crap this year. They win because of Brady, but when matches up against one of the best QBs ever, that won't be enough.

The Pats easiest win this season was against the Broncos. Pats were up 31-7 and then the Broncos got 2 TD's during garbage time.

Pats would easily kick their ass in a rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Pats easiest win this season was against the Broncos. Pats were up 31-7 and then the Broncos got 2 TD's during garbage time.

That game could have easily unfolded differently if Thomas didn't fumble inside the Pats 10 early. Good win for Pats, but I think it'd be a pick 'em type game if they met again.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

lol

Jets should have beat the Pats by 10 points on their home field last time they played. I guess that means the Jets are the better team? Haha. Sometimes the better team plays like crap. Denver is a much better team now than they were then.

Guess we'll see what happens come playoff time, troll.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    That game could have easily unfolded differently if Thomas didn't fumble inside the Pats 10 early. Good win for Pats, but I think it'd be a pick 'em type game if they met again.
    Exactly. Denver was well on their way to a huge comeback. Pats were folding.