Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think we could trade Revis for Von Miller?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think we could trade Revis for Von Miller?

That would be sweet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    That would be sweet.
    Pre injury- maybe

Post injury- no

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never in a million years.

Pass rushers >>> CBs.

He is also a 3 down pass rusher who can defend the run. Outside of QB, that might be the most valuable position in football.

I was dead wrong about him. Thought he would be a bust. He is a fantastic complete player.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    before the injury yeah

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wat if we throw in Santoni-HO and Marky Mark for absolutely FREE!?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Never in a million years.

Pass rushers >>> CBs.

He is also a 3 down pass rusher who can defend the run. Outside of QB, that might be the most valuable position in football.

I was dead wrong about him. Thought he would be a bust. He is a fantastic complete player.
    not necessarily... you're not just talking about a CB, you're talking about a potential GOAT CB and a certain HOF type of talent. he is absolutely as valuable as any pass rusher in the league. why do you think the jets have had top 5 defenses without a natural pass rush? shutdown corners make it very hard to pass. that's why I'm in favor of keeping revis... I think if you can add young pass rushers (the jets have no rush LB's at all) then it turns an already strong pass defense into a potentially dominant defense. we're never going to win it on offense so we might as well try to just do it all through defense like the 02 bucs/05 steelers/00 ravens, etc
    Last edited by cant wait; 11-04-2012 at 03:42 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.

Maybe before the injury, but no chance now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    not necessarily... you're not just talking about a CB, you're talking about a potential GOAT CB and a certain HOF type of talent. he is absolutely as valuable as any pass rusher in the league. why do you think the jets have had top 5 defenses without a natural pass rush? shutdown corners make it very hard to pass. that's why I'm in favor of keeping revis... I think if you can add young pass rushers (the jets have no rush LB's at all) then it turns an already strong pass defense into a potentially dominant defense. we're never going to win it on offense so we might as well try to just do it all through defense like the 02 bucs/05 steelers/00 ravens, etc
    Fair enough.

I completely appreciate Revis' talent. He is a dynamic player who plays his position better than any other player in the NFL plays theirs. I have always maintained that opinion about Revis. However, personally I value pass rush over coverage.

I have witnessed too many elite QBs look ordinary under pressure and have seen many times how a great 3 down pass rusher can wreck a game.

I think you put too much stock into our defensive rankings. Whenever teams have had to pass the ball against us, they have been able to. Not against Revis, but they have killed us in the middle of the field. Revis can cover his guy for 6 seconds but eventually someone gets open without a pass rush.

And this is not even taking into consideration his injury. I think he will be fine. But there are no guarantees.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    never in a million years, Von Miller is locked up for 3 more years at less than 3 mill a season. Revis is coming off an ACL and will want more money in one year than Miller will be earning in the next three. And then you can tag miller and have him for a 4th year for 9 mill in todays cap dollars. So miller for 4 years for 18 mill or Revis for 6 year and 72 mill. wow tough choice.

how many other good players could Denver fit under thier cap for the next 3 years without spending the extra 9 mill per year for Revis?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    never in a million years, Von Miller is locked up for 3 more years at less than 3 mill a season. Revis is coming off an ACL and will want more money in one year than Miller will be earning in the next three. And then you can tag miller and have him for a 4th year for 9 mill in todays cap dollars. So miller for 4 years for 18 mill or Revis for 6 year and 72 mill. wow tough choice.

how many other good players could Denver fit under thier cap for the next 3 years without spending the extra 9 mill per year for Revis?
    LOL at you for thinking that Von Miller will play out that contract. How's the weather in Never Never Land?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    You have to sweeten the deal , not make it 1000x worse ... Our team , sadly, resembles a cesspool of talent on offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL at you for thinking that Von Miller will play out that contract. How's the weather in Never Never Land?
    I think Denver will be glad to extend him before then. But he is at least playing one more year after this season under that deal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL at you thinking it's only natural for a great player to hold out for a better deal with 2-3 years left on their contract. Not every guy acts like Revis.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I'll raise you an Eric Smith. How could they say no?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better chance of Revis for Dumervil trade. Both are older an make a ton of money.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    LOL at you thinking it's only natural for a great player to hold out for a better deal with 2-3 years left on their contract. Not every guy acts like Revis.
    Revis isn't the only star to not play out their rookie contract. It's quite common for top players to sign bigger contracts without holding out. It's a pretty fair to assume that it's just as likely he won't play it out, as it is that he will.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be sweet.
    there's other pass rushers we might be able to get aside from that kid. Denver won't give up that kid but there's teams that would glady give us a 12 sack guy for Revis if they are loaded with pass rushers but are desperate for corners.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Denver makes the most sense as a trade partner. Ayers is likely the more viable piece though. Last year of his deal and Denver is not really using him. He'd fit our D and hasn't looked all that bad. I could see him and a 4th. Elvis is also possible. Half of their OL is up for new deals so they need the extra cash IMO. He is making a large chunk of change and may want to be traded to a 3-4 team. As a 4-3 DE he really is not worth the cash they are paying him. If they can dump most of that cash off on the JETS signing Revis wouldn't be hard. If not you're talking 3 players on that team making taking up roughly 50mil in cap! Miller seems the least likely of the 3 to me. He isn't making a lot, is their best D player right now, and has a few more years left in his deal. The only reason I could see it is that I do like Irving. It would still be a pretty big downgrade for them though. We'd likely have to at least give them a 3rd to make that swing likely a 2nd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Revis isn't the only star to not play out their rookie contract. It's quite common for top players to sign bigger contracts without holding out. It's a pretty fair to assume that it's just as likely he won't play it out, as it is that he will.
    Yes it is common, Gronk and Hernandez both added 2 years onto their rookie deals, but still for a team friendly amount. How many NFL GMs do you think would have given Revis the sweetheart deal he got from Tanny? The jets give up the right to tag after 4 years, but if they want to cut him after 4 years there is a 9mill cap hit.

To think that Elway is going to rip up that rookie deal is wrong, they will extend him and spread the cap hit over the remainder of the original deal and the extension. If Miller wants the big bucks that FA brings, he will have to play out his deal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Yes it is common, Gronk and Hernandez both added 2 years onto their rookie deals, but still for a team friendly amount. How many NFL GMs do you think would have given Revis the sweetheart deal he got from Tanny? The jets give up the right to tag after 4 years, but if they want to cut him after 4 years there is a 9mill cap hit.

To think that Elway is going to rip up that rookie deal is wrong, they will extend him and spread the cap hit over the remainder of the original deal and the extension. If Miller wants the big bucks that FA brings, he will have to play out his deal.
    You maybe right, but big bucks can be made without playing out the contract. Just look at big Ben's 102 million dollar contract with 2 years left on the rookie deal. The point is, that there are plenty players that don't play out their rookie contract.