Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2012 - Pick the Result!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    funny how MSNBC & Obama-lovers everywhere never mention Independents...care to guess which way they've broken, in a huge way?
    Did you have a point or a prediction Tucker?

All Pro
    It's going to be decided by a few hundred thousand voters in a select few states. The popular vote will be close ... my prediction is Obama 49%, Romney 47%. The electoral college will be closer, but Obama will win with about 300.

There are about 11 toss up states. If they all end up leaning the same way as 2008, Obama will win in a landslide. If they all end up leaning the same way as 2004, Romney will pull off the upset.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Alright, ****ers, it's time to put your money where your mouths are

... Not litrally, of course...

Call the election and pick the percentage spread. As much as it pains me to say this, I say Obama 52, Romney 48.
    This is what the OP asked for..

What he got was about four actual predictions

And about 50 hate filled diatribes mostly from the Rush Limbaugh mutual adoration society

So back on topic

Obama 50.6 Romney 49.4

EC

Obama 303-307

Senate

D 52
    R. 48

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    The economy wasn't nearly as bad in 1980 that it was in 2008, and Reagan raised taxes 11 times and skyrocketed the debt.
    Reagan raising taxes 11 times is dem spin. They were raised as a part of aisle crossing with the Dem senate however he had a net tax reduction during his 8 years. Don't let reality get in your way though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh what the hell. Since everyone is saying pretty much the same thing in this thread I'll throw this out there:

Pollsters are shocked when the turnout ends up being R+1 nationally, blowing up all their models.

Romney shocks by taking Ohio. Along with Virginia, Florida, Pennsylvania, and (gasp) MINNESOTA! (George Will's theory proves correct)

Romney wins in landslide.

Does it really matter????

the deficit will continue to grow even with increased taxes
    the rich will get richer (Technology, gloabalization and education)
    The poor will get poorer (Technology, gloabalization and lack of education)
    Most citizens will not have secure retirement benefits unless they are civil workers

In short.... nothing will change under either.

I don't understand the questions about the advantage Democrats have in poll samples. There are more people who consider themselves Democrats than their are people who call themselves Republicans. Even on this site you have several posters who are clearly conservative, but don't call themselves Republicans. Heck after the Bush left office many Republicans started calling themselves Tea Party members.

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Reagan raising taxes 11 times is dem spin. They were raised as a part of aisle crossing with the Dem senate however he had a net tax reduction during his 8 years. Don't let reality get in your way though.
    Durden was an infant when Reagan was in office...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Obama 48.9
    Romney 50.3
    Sanchez 0.8

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Most citizens will not have secure retirement benefits unless they are civil workers

the real problem that needs to be fixed -- too many CPAs

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the real problem that needs to be fixed -- too many CPAs
    Yeah.....lets shoot em. Ill start with you. When im done, your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    The economy wasn't nearly as bad in 1980 that it was in 2008, and Reagan raised taxes 11 times and skyrocketed the debt.
    At least he had an excuse...Reagan wasn't losing no Cold War.

I feel ya broseph.

So does Romney have any shot at winning CT tomorrow or should I just write in the good Dr. Paul?

I'm putting $ on Romney -at the odds he is paying its well worth the bet. Can't believe Obama such a favourite with the bookies. Romney has run an excellent campaign and has every chance to take this one out. Actually now paying 9/2 out here for a Romney win which is insane in a two horse race.

Ask the passengers from Flight 1549 if their pilot had been anybody other than Chesley Sullenberger if they'd be breathing right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    I'm putting $ on Romney -at the odds he is paying its well worth the bet. Can't believe Obama such a favourite with the bookies. Romney has run an excellent campaign and has every chance to take this one out. Actually now paying 9/2 out here for a Romney win which is insane in a two horse race.
    Wanna buy a bridge between Brooklyn and Manhattan??

Seriously...stick to betting "favourites" in cricket, rugby or snooker at Ladbrokes and stay away from poulitical wagouring on electiouns here in the colounies, Trevor

Last edited by sg3; 11-06-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Wanna buy a bridge between Brooklyn and Manhattan??

Seriously...stick to betting "favourites" in cricket, rugby or snooker at Ladbrokes and stay away from poulitical wagouring on electiouns here in the colounies, Trevor

Think you might have me confused for someone who lives in the UK......I ended up not getting the $ on Romney, do like the bet though, just because he ran a very good campaign and is paying ridiculous odds for a 2 horse race. I did my wagering today on the local Melbourne Cup and no I didn't win.

I will admit I am not a good punter/bettor - both my horses are still in the home straight from the big race today. In the past I seem to have picked either camels or animals with 3 legs, well that's how they seem to run anyway. If I think Romney is a good bet that has probably put the kiss of death on his actual chances.....just can't understand why he should be so blown out in terms of odds with the bookies.

Jets Insider VIP
    Might have something to do with him trailing in seven of the nine battleground states and now maybe even in Florida

Also now trailing in all the national polls except Gallup whose latest effort has him up by one and down four from their prior outlier poll.

Might have something to do with him trailing in seven of the nine battleground states and now maybe even in Florida

Also now trailing in all the national polls except Gallup whose latest effort has him up by one and down four from their prior outlier poll.

Your delirious and wrong as usual Rasmussen poll has Obama behind yet this does not include the fact that any democrat that has intelligence is disappointed in there parties ineptitude and they are expecting a low turnout for this reason. Wakeup America don't vote for hatred

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll