Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Listen to this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Ahhh...the shocker.

-
    This needs it's own, "Caption this photo" thread!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So. I wait till late to go out for gas. THinking I'm smaht.

Everything is packed, 4 blocks or more wait.

As I'm going home...see a tanker truck in my local Mobil, which had been closed for days. Eureeka!

Pull in front of the yellow tape at the entrance behind 5 other cars... and the gas guy asks me to move up so the tanker can get out. No problemo, I am a reasonable man. I do this and a small silver car roars up behind me. The tanker flashes his lights at her to back up so he can leave...and we can enter.

She starts yelling at the guy for blinding her with his lights....and wont move back...even though there is no one behind her. She is seventh in line...at a station with 8 pumps.

The tanker guy starts to move up to exit the station and this chick wont move back 7 feet. "this is my spot!" "turn off your lights!"

The first guy in line gets out of his car and goes over to tell her that if she backs up a few feet the tanker can leave...and we are all in and out in minutes...she tells him to go f himself and he goes off on her...meanwhile...the panic stricken attendent now calls the cops...and within a minute, 3 cars are on the scene. After a one minute discussion with the attendent...they close the station until tomorrow....undetermined time...full tanks...full electric in a 24 hour station...maybe 8 cars on line now....

And I am home with no gas due to this stuuuuuuuuuupid beeeeeotch.

f UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could've been worse.... they could have given you diesel by mistake.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Strangest thing...I'm listening with the volume on full blast, but I don't hear anything...

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're having difficult hearing, try this public service for the hearing impaired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVjSkIOOd6Q

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is where you catch up to the crazy lady a few miles down the road and let her know that right after she left they changed their mind and opened the pumps back up. Everyone topped off and was happy now. If she hurried back she should get a good spot in line. The say "You're welcome!" And be on your way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    exactly how long is this crap supposed to go on. i feel like driving down there with gas cans.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    exactly how long is this crap supposed to go on. i feel like driving down there with gas cans.
    Wait until the Apocalypse.

They'll be eating each other in 36 hours.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    This is where you catch up to the crazy lady a few miles down the road and let her know that right after she left they changed their mind and opened the pumps back up. Everyone topped off and was happy now. If she hurried back she should get a good spot in line. The say "You're welcome!" And be on your way.

Knowing you, you'll leave with a 1/4 tank, get 60 miles, run into gas lines.... then have to pour the cans back into your own car, turn around and go home.

(whilst accruing various EZpass violations that will haunt you for years.)

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Wait until the Apocalypse.

Dude, after this week, bring the Apocalypse. Please.

We could use the distraction.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

-
    Superstorm. Earthquake in NJ. Impending Nor'easter.

The Mayans might have been right!

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. Am actually on a line where I can actually see the gas station after only 20 minutes. Bets on them running out before I get there?

My third attempt of the day.

My stomach is in knots.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Knowing you, you'll leave with a 1/4 tank, get 60 miles, run into gas lines.... then have to pour the cans back into your own car, turn around and go home.

(whilst accruing various EZpass violations that will haunt you for years.)

-
    you're off my list of victims to be assisted.

sg3 now included.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    you're off my list of victims to be assisted.

sg3 now included.
    Whatever will I do?

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Score. Kind of.... 40 bucks limit... but only 40 minute wait....no crazy chicks. Not bad.

Never thought Id be so happy about something we all take for granted.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I read "listen to this" I keep thinking of that Hall & Oates song, during the bridge of "Make my Dreams Come True"

Anyone else?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

-

Anyone can come down to my place and get some free poison ivy, to distract yourself from no power and long gasoline lines.

Free, I say!

At this point I'm ready to shove my gnarled arms into a wood chipper for some itch relief.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Anyone can come down to my place and get some free poison ivy, to distract yourself from no power and long gasoline lines.

Free, I say!

At this point I'm ready to shove my gnarled arms into a wood chipper for some itch relief.
    Can you find "technu"?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Can you find "technu"?
    They gave me an oral steroid (heh, oral) Rx, so I an going to look for it later on when I pick it up.

They had suggested not using any topical stuff while it's still weeping - will this stuff dry it up?

I keep hearing all of these crazy home remedies like using vinegar and baking soda, kind of reluctant to stick anything in these woulds that doesnt belong there.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

Free, I say!

Dude. I am horribly allergic. When I was a filthy teen that never washed my hands, I got it doing yard work for my Dad. Now imagine everywhere a filthy teen boy puts his hands in the 10-12 hours between contact with water and soap (and thats being generous).

It started with giant blisters between each finger that filled with yellowy fluid to the point my fingers couldnt be stretched apart any further. My eyes, swollen shut. My arms, an angry mess of weeping, burn-like scabbing. my friggin ears inside and out...the same....

My schween....omg. I just cant.

I looked like Ron Jeremy if you scalded his cork in boiling water.

My mom had to take me to Long Island Jewish Hospital where they quickly put me on steroids...and I still suffered for weeks.

Months later, I still had red scarring all over my face, arms, schweenie, ears etc....

The smell of calomine lotion...cotton balls...that puss-weep that comes out of your wounds... still makes me gag.

Wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

Enjoy your weekend!

-
    Last edited by 32green; 11-06-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a Hess station on the corner of Sunrise and Oceanside Rd in Rockville Center. 2 lines formed: one the went along Sunrise all the way down to the Golden Reef Diner; the other, down Oceanside Rd and west down Merrick Rd.

RVC police and NYS Troopers guarding the lines. 1 dooshbagger fight (2 guys against 1 guy with tire iron) on Sunrise, 1 cat fight on Merrick Rd (bit no torn clothes).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    They gave me an oral steroid (heh, oral) Rx, so I an going to look for it later on when I pick it up.

They had suggested not using any topical stuff while it's still weeping - will this stuff dry it up?

I keep hearing all of these crazy home remedies like using vinegar and baking soda, kind of reluctant to stick anything in these woulds that doesnt belong there.
    One of the Production managers here is a tour guide for places like Ano Nuevo and the wilderness southeast of the SF Bay Area. He turned me onto it; and I never worry about Ivy poisons!

It is a soap that will eat the protein in the poison oils; once you use it the infectious quality stops. What you'll have to deal with is the rash and etc that the poison left behind. It will look ugly, and occasionally itch, but that will heal. THE OIL IS GONE; you are "cured" from further infecting yourself. No nighttime bandages; no crazy showers with plastic.

Honest Injun