Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 77

Thread: Terry Bradshaw says Reggie Bush 'chasing a bucket of chicken'

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,909
    If Terry was an intelligent, articulate commentator I might expect people to be offended. But I just feel sorry for him...he's like Mike Tyson (and probably took the same number of hits to the head).

    He could (should) have replaced "bucket of chicken" with "Kim Kardashian's ass" in his comment.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    KFC or Popeyes?

    I go Popeyes.
    Popeyes ALL THE FRIGGIN' WAY!



    Spicy Chicken is the best!

  3. #23
    The Pussification of America continues.

    Proceed.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The Pussification of America continues.

    Proceed.


    Yes because implied-racism from a brain-dead idiot is okay in your world.

    Come on now.....you're better than that.


    He shouldn't have said that AT ALL. It was wrong.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,112
    Watching the dolphins blow that game yesterday was pure bliss. What a bunch of maroons that coaching staff is. They kept putting daniel thomas in the game and reggie bush on the bench. It was mind boggling. Bush had 12 touches in the entire game. If he gets 20 plus, the fins win that game.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,950
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The Pussification of America continues.

    Proceed.
    I agree.

    But Bradshaw's comments were insensitive. He should apologize b.c it was a stupid thing to say. I do not think he is racist or meant that comment to be racist, I just think he is ignorant to political correctness.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree.

    But Bradshaw's comments were insensitive. He should apologize b.c it was a stupid thing to say. I do not think he is racist or meant that comment to be racist, I just think he is ignorant to political correctness.
    What about Johnson who found that amusing? I suppose he's just as ignorant, right?


    Whatever....They're both morons, IMO.










    And Joe W. Namath, I don't know what the Dolphins CS were thinking but I'm glad they crapped the bed there 'cause it keeps us(though I have no hope at this point) closer to still be in the playoff chase.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    5,029
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I do not think he meant anything racist. Everyone likes chicken.
    Not vegetarians.

  9. #29
    Two things.

    1. Terry Bradshaw is obviously a moron. His personality is obvious. That's why he gets paid for his opinion. Take the good with the bad. He said something that is going to offend the sensitive ones. He will have to apologize for offending said ones.

    2. The reaction to this is really pathetic.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    What about Johnson who found that amusing? I suppose he's just as ignorant, right?


    Whatever....They're both morons, IMO.
    Like I said, I think racism is very serious and I do not label people racists easily. My bar is a little higher than implying that black people like fried chicken.

    I have a hard time calling both these men racists. These are men who have worked on and off the field with black people for decades. You can search google and find tons of images of Jimmy and the black players he coached embracing one another. Was it their best moment? Absolutely not. I have no idea what they were thinking. Unfortunately for them one moment of stupidity lives on forever b.c it was captured on video. And they should apologize for being insensitive. But they are not racist creeps.

  11. #31
    On the subject of stereotypes (not comparing to what Bradshaw said)

    I've often thought that some of the best comedians are the ones who will play on stereotypes and take them so far over the top that the stereotype becomes too ridiculous for intelligent people to believe. Richard Pryor was so good with it that you really felt the pain associated with it even though he was making you laugh. Guys/women who can do that can really be effective story tellers.

    No, Bradshaw was not doing that. My only point is that in the right hands, stereotypes can be an effective teacher.

  12. #32
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,408
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Like I said, I think racism is very serious and I do not label people racists easily. My bar is a little higher than implying that black people like fried chicken.

    I have a hard time calling both these men racists. These are men who have worked on and off the field with black people for decades. You can search google and find tons of images of Jimmy and the black players he coached embracing one another. Was it their best moment? Absolutely not. I have no idea what they were thinking. Unfortunately for them one moment of stupidity lives on forever b.c it was captured on video. And they should apologize for being insensitive. But they are not racist creeps.
    Basically, they feel comfortable poking fun at black folks the same way many black folks make fun of themselves, which to many, is horrifying. Obviously they had no racist intent, just like Chris Rock throwing around the N word and cracka has no racist intent.

    Or is it ok for Chris....but a capital offense for Terry. PC venom is not equally applied to all.


    -

  13. #33
    Seriously, if you are that sensitive about comments like this I don't know how you can then laugh at a comedian. I can name you a comedian from nearly every walk of life that will poke fun at racial stereotypes. You'd be a big fat hypocrite.

  14. #34
    So only black guys like chicken?

    Seriously?

  15. #35
    makes sense

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Seriously, if you are that sensitive about comments like this I don't know how you can then laugh at a comedian. I can name you a comedian from nearly every walk of life that will poke fun at racial stereotypes. You'd be a big fat hypocrite.
    You're kind of comparing apples to oranges here. There's a certain expectation placed on comedians to push the envelope of race and sexuality, etc etc. and people pay money to be subjected to it. This was a televised football game where those types are comments are unexpected.

    Do I think he was being racist? No. He was trying to make a funny. It just wasn't the right place. No apology needed or any of that crap, he just probably shouldn't go there again.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,637
    There's no other way to spin this. Bradshaw was definitely being racist.

    He's just living in the past, showing his age, and casually forgot that racist humor isn't acceptable like it was decades ago.

    Don Rickles inspired shows like All in the Family could never fly on American network television again. Those days are gone.

    I mean, those were the days ...

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,199
    Bad choice of words, but I really don't think he was being racist. Just a case of diarrhea of the mouth. Apologize and move on.....

  19. #39
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,408
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    He's just living in the past, showing his age, and casually forgot that racist humor isn't acceptable like it was decades ago.
    I think one could safely argue that there is a difference between racist humor..... and racial humor.

    I'm just not the guy to do it.

    -

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,469
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Basically, they feel comfortable poking fun at black folks the same way many black folks make fun of themselves, which to many, is horrifying. Obviously they had no racist intent, just like Chris Rock throwing around the N word and cracka has no racist intent. Or is it ok for Chris....but a capital offense for Terry. PC venom is not equally applied to all.
    -
    Amen Brother..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us