Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sanchez for Rivers: What would it take?

Am I nuts or am I completely wrong here:

Woody wanted Tebow. He still wants Tebow. He loves Tebow. Woody loves a circus. The owner will override the GM and head coach since he is the owner.

Therefore, it is ridiculous to think that Tebow won't get a chance to start, possibly even this season, possibly as soon as the game after the loss to Seattle.

The long term health of the New York Jets cannot start its improvement and healing process until the Tebow era begins and goes down as an unmitigated disaster. Then the owner has to turn over everything to a real GM and a true Head Coach, not somebody who breaks out in hives when you mention offensive game planning and tries to win games with a philosophy that hasn't worked in 10+ years.

How does this tie to Rivers? A) He's not going anywhere. B) He's not that good. C) His mentality is a worse fit for NYC than Sanchez's, which is a terrible match. D) His performance has gone down as he's lost skill positions around him. E) He has been mediocre to subpar for two years running now, while playing for (despite all his shortcomings as a head coach) arguably the best offensive coordinator in the NFL in Norv Turner.

Trying to win in this league without a QB who can complete over 60% of his passes is like playing ping pong with your feet.

Last edited by PMarsico9; 11-05-2012 at 02:41 PM.

They would never give him up for Sanchez.. You'd need to throw in a 1 most likely....

Everyone knows sanchez is terrible... So you're basically trading picks for Rivers....

1 and a player other than Sanchez probably.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Holmes would be smiling ear to ear if he got the news the Jets traded Sanchez & signed Rivers.
    Bradshaw will say he's smiling like he's chasing a bucket of chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Bradshaw will say he's smiling like he's chasing a bucket of chicken.
    Bradshaw's brain is a bucket of chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Rivers = 12TDs/10INTS

Sanches = 10TDs/8INTs

Virtually same yardage.
    Facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Facepalm
    Still can't believe Chupa put that up.....

Veteran
    He would get literally killed in the locker room. He's an egomaniac. He's an arsehole. He's a a p♡ssy. And.. he doesn't have a clue of when to shut his mouth.
    He becomes a Jet, he dies. That simple

2nd on the worst human being list behind only Cutler.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    He would get literally killed in the locker room. He's an egomaniac. He's an arsehole. He's a a p♡ssy. And.. he doesn't have a clue of when to shut his mouth.
    He becomes a Jet, he dies. That simple

2nd on the worst human being list behind only Cutler.
    Phil DID play an entire playoff game with no ACL left in his knee. Just sayin, that gots to count for a little.

He'll never be a JET, but hes 67x more a QB than Mark Sanchez could ever hope to be.

Isn't Rivers a free agent this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Isn't Rivers a free agent this year?
    Nah, he's signed for a few more years (through 2015 IIRC)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. THis is laughable. Phillip Rivers a pro bowl franchise qb. For one of the worst qbs in the league. Please stay off the drugs.
    This. No one is just going to give us something for nothing.

The only way we move him at 8.5 mil is if we take more cap crap then that off of someone elses roster and give low paid prospects or as a package with Revis. I can't say who would take that cap hit and pay Revis. But the other is doable IMO. Lets just go with the team in the worst cap shape say Oakland. They pay 8.25 mil for Mark because they may want to move a few overpaid players and we eat around 9 mil just to move him. We have to take 2 or 3 of their gem contracts to make it worth their wild. They could be moving crap like Bey, Brisiel, Branch, Mcfadden, and/or Curry so it may actually be worth a look for us IMO. We drop one useless player and fill some gaps. Yeah would likely cost us like 20-22 mil when it is all said and done but still better then keeping or cutting him at 13 or 18 and still having those open wholes. It would pretty much kill signing any real FA for us but we would still likely get a few players out of it overpaid or not. You have to ask yourself is any of that crap worth anther 5-7 mil in cap space to you just to get rid of Mark? I know people here seem to think McFadden is the bees knees but he is serious crap IMO. But OK given the RB options we seem to have next year.

Life is not fantasy football ......

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I'm sure I'll get attacked for this , but What would it take to get Rivers after the season?

Rivers seems to be wearing out his welcome in SD, He's 30, and is having a relatively bad year. Sanchez is 25 ( or 24) and is from Southern California. Maybe he goes home and blossoms.

I don't think SD would take a straight up deal ( Would you?). I'm thinking Sanchez and a 3rd.. Maybe throw in Eric Smith or another scrub too.

Comments?
    Do you really think SD management is so stupid as to take the flack for another Rivers fiasco? First Eli, then Sanchez. There are real jobs at stake, not some past time.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Rivers = 12TDs/10INTS

Sanches = 10TDs/8INTs

Virtually same yardage.
    Rivers also has a lot more talent to work with, more expirience, and a HC who is a great offensive mind.

Not saying Sanchez is better, because to me no question I would rather have Rivers, but most fans lack PERSPECTIVE when evaluating individual and team play.

They would never do it, unless you paid out the ass..

People actually think Rivers can be fixed bc he's actually carried a team before...

Nobody believes Sanchez can be turned into anything b/c he's NEVER carried a team before... Only BEEN carried...

All League
    At this time I would like to borrow the logic a good amount of the "trade Revis" camp fans have used as a legit reason for wanting to trade him.....

"What has San Diego won with Rivers?"

Hell, what has Adrian Peterson, Devin Hester, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis, Arian Foster, DeMarcus Ware, Ed Reed, MJD, Patrick Peterson, Wes Welker, etc won with their respective teams?

Answer: not a Super Bowl

So for that reason alone I say NO to Rivers, or any of the else above!

Trading Revis you'd get 10cents on the dollar for a corner coming off major surgery...

bringing it up is retarded.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by afesposit View Post
    Trading Revis you'd get 10cents on the dollar for a corner coming off major surgery...

bringing it up is retarded.
    If you actually read my post, I said I will use the same logic that a good amount of Jets fans that want to trade Revis have used to justify their argument/opinion.

Obviously I was being sarcastic and just showing how ridiculous it would be to trade a player because "the team hasn't won a SB with that player yet".

Next time I will try to simplify it......not all us "retards" are on your level