Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where would we be with peyton....

Where would we be with peyton....

For all the debate that this is Rexís fault for ground and pound, or Tannyís fault for not having enough talent, at the end of the day, a top QB, makes the players around him better. Denver is not running some version of Green Bayís offense with downfield throws etc. They are using play action, completing short passes, running the ball and not turning the ball over, in effect MANAGING THE GAME on offense.

Watching manning change protections, avoid sacks and fumbles, actually complete a high % of passes and LEAD his team (with the defensive minded John Fox at HC) has to make you wonder where we would be with him as our QB this year. Pretty sure this will show how much fault really falls at sanchezís feet.

Minimum 6-2...

And there were a lot of people on this site saying not to get Peyton. Was comical back then and is still comical..

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Minimum 6-2...

And there were a lot of people on this site saying not to get Peyton. Was comical back then and is still comical..
    You have to give Sanchez time to work on his chemistry with the WR's...

Jets Insider VIP
    Minimum 6-2...

IDK he has been effective but doesn't look anything like the Peyton of old to me.

He barely throws a spiral anymore.

Once the weather gets worse, I could see it being a big problem for him.

Minimum 6-2...

I actually thought peyton was too risky at his price and also thought that sanchez was going to take a step forward this year.

I just cannot stand seeing him literally sulk throughout the game. When Dennis Byrd was addressing the team on the field before miami, he was getting very fired up and had a ring of players around him. Sanchez was literally at the back of the group, the last row of players....who is that possible for our LEADER. Drew Brees is the one on his team at the center of the circle firing guys up, and our QB is at the back of the group, doing nothing.

Sanchez's problems go so much further then inaccuracy....he isnt a man to lead his troops and that cannot be learned at this point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    IDK he has been effective but doesn't look anything like the Peyton of old to me.

He barely throws a spiral anymore.

Once the weather gets worse, I could see it being a big problem for him.
    This is exactly my point....we dont need aaron rogers here to be a 6-2 team right now. Peyton is working as a "game manager" right now and its working and hes doing it using a similar strategy that rex is being killed for.

It makes no sense

Jets Fans,

Let's be serious here....

If Peyton was here, he'd STRUGGLE with the crap WR's we have and then we'd all be wondering if Peyton is washed up....

OR

He'd get injured and be out for the rest of the season..... Typical Jets Franchise Luck.

Jets weren't going to "win" no matter what in this situation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Peyton would have retired before coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Jets Fans,

Let's be serious here....

If Peyton was here, he'd STRUGGLE with the crap WR's we have and then we'd all be wondering if Peyton is washed up....

OR

He'd get injured and be out for the rest of the season..... Typical Jets Franchise Luck.

Jets weren't going to "win" no matter what in this situation.
    Incorrect, like any good QB, he would make his WRs better by putting them in position to succeed by seeing the whole field and getting them the ball when they are open. He would change protections and plays at the line to keep himself from getting sacked and make the players around him accountable for their mistakes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post

Is Peyton Manning a chemist?

He's looked pretty good with Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas, and I don't think he played with them before this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

Is Peyton Manning a chemist?

He's looked pretty good with Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas, and I don't think he played with them before this year.
    I was kidding... this is the typical Sanchez excuse that gets said around here far too often.

I was kidding... this is the typical Sanchez excuse that gets said around here far too often.
    Agreed, such a ridiculous excuse.

Its the same thing with the "not enough talent".

I didnt realize eric decker is the next fitz. He is a good player, made better by a QB who makes decisions pre-snap and during the play, that allow him to make more plays then he would for a QB, who fails to check to the proper protection resulting in less time to throw (or a sack), therby reducing the chance to get his WRs the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Incorrect, like any good QB, he would make his WRs better by putting them in position to succeed by seeing the whole field and getting them the ball when they are open. He would change protections and plays at the line to keep himself from getting sacked and make the players around him accountable for their mistakes.
    OR....like any Jets QB(save Namath), he'd either Fall short of the ultimate goal OR get INJURED which is pretty much par for the course in entire history of the NY Jets franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Agreed, such a ridiculous excuse.

Its the same thing with the "not enough talent".

I didnt realize eric decker is the next fitz. He is a good player, made better by a QB who makes decisions pre-snap and during the play, that allow him to make more plays then he would for a QB, who fails to check to the proper protection resulting in less time to throw (or a sack), therby reducing the chance to get his WRs the ball.
    I entertained the thought of Peyton coming here because I didn't see him as a risk at all...I was certain he'd come back and be what he is right now. The reason I personally was happy that we didn't land him is because I was also certain Sanchez would take the next step and disprove all the naysayers.

I was unfortunately right on the one that doesn't help the Jets.

Anyway, I quoted your post to shamelessly brag about the fact that I did know he was that good and that I actually chose Decker in the beginning of the fourth round of my draft...while DeMaryius was still available...because he's clearly the best receiver on the team...you could see it with Tebow last year as well. DT may be the most gifted of the two, but not the most skilled.

Peyton is at the level where his offensive line doesn't matter a whole lot and certainly neither does his receivers... I don't know why people couldn't grasp that concept. Peyton and Brady are 2 of the handful of guys in this league where it really doesn't matter who they have blocking for them or catching the ball. They are going to find a way to make it work.

Working at Papa John's Pizza??????

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Peyton would have retired before coming here.
    He would struggle in the complex offense that Sparano would put together.

Peyton is at the level where his offensive line doesn't matter a whole lot and certainly neither does his receivers... I don't know why people couldn't grasp that concept. Peyton and Brady are 2 of the handful of guys in this league where it really doesn't matter who they have blocking for them or catching the ball. They are going to find a way to make it work.
    This is 1000% correct, however my point in looking at the peyton situation is more to expose how bad sanchez really is. We make all the excuses in the book for him, but in actuality good QBs lift up the talent around them, not make it worse.

I have to believe that the Jets would screw up Peyton as they would have him working w/ Sporano who is terrible and Matt Cavanaugh who's just as bad.

All Pro
    True another 4 years should do it right?