Thread: "Don't Boo, Vote. Voting is the Best Revenge"

"Don't Boo, Vote. Voting is the Best Revenge"

"Voting is the best revenge".

Who should the revenge be levied upon?

And why would revenge be appropriate to levy upon these people, for what action or crime is "revenge" the appropriate response?

And why does it seem "violent rhetoric" is only ever harped on when it's by a righty?

"Punish our enemies"

"Get in their Faces"

"Voting is the Best Revenge"

Etc, etc, etc.

Obama is widely considered the greatest orator in recent times......yet he used some of the most aggressive and violent rhetoric I've seen from a President.

So, is voting really to be considered a form of revenge?

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Revenge is a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance, be it real or perceived.

Fight the Power!!! Even though you're the Power.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    No.

All League
    Before I was of legal voting age, I was not concerned about voting when I did turn 18. A friend who was a Vietnam veteran said "Absolutely vote, every singe time. It's your only chance to get back at them."

I vote in every election, but not beecause it's my "chance to get back at them", but because it's my right as an American, and many have died for my right to do it.

So to answer WF's question, no, I don't believe it is revenge, or a chance for payback, or whatever. My reason being really no matter who is in office, it seems like the same 12 yr old bickering over, and over, and over. Same as it ever was...

Sure why not. Everyone gets one vote, its up to them to use it how they want. Might not be what you like but there it is.

Mitt Romney called 47% of Americans lazy losers behind their backs.

I'm sure a few of those people want to give him an FU.

I understand the OP is making a more general observation, but I don't believe this instance is a good example of it.

Obama wasn't trying to get the crowd "riled up" -- they booed when he said Romney's name, and he told them to turn those emotions into tangible actions.

Was "revenge" the best word? Maybe not, but unless you think the situation was staged for him to get that word out there, I think this is another example of spin 101 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Sure why not. Everyone gets one vote, its up to them to use it how they want. Might not be what you like but there it is.

Mitt Romney called 47% of Americans lazy losers behind their backs.

I'm sure a few of those people want to give him an FU.
    Fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iFAz...eature=related

Hall Of Fame
    If Obama was conservative these comments would be spun as racial.

He is clearly pandering to his "black power" base. Which is fine by me. But don't complain when other people do it or act like it is beneath you to do such things.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I understand the OP is making a more general observation, but I don't believe this instance is a good example of it.

Obama wasn't trying to get the crowd "riled up" -- they booed when he said Romney's name, and he told them to turn those emotions into tangible actions.

Was "revenge" the best word? Maybe not, but unless you think the situation was staged for him to get that word out there, I think this is another example of spin 101 . . .
    Spin?

His entire campaign is about dividing people, and they have no shame in telling you it.

Divide by class. Divide by race. By sex. By age. You name it, they want to categorize as much as possible and encourage to hate the other guy.

Not to work together as Americans under a certain style of leadership.

There his never been a more divisive person in a role that by definition is supposed to unite people.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Spin?

His entire campaign is about dividing people, and they have no shame in telling you it.

Divide by class. Divide by race. By sex. By age. You name it, they want to categorize as much as possible and encourage to hate the other guy.

There his never been a more divisive person in a role that by definition is supposed to unite people.
    Wait...you just perfectly described the GOP majority tea party House of Representatives to a tee

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Wait...you just perfectly described the GOP majority tea party House of Representatives to a tee

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Only in your distorted "that's what Chris Matthews told me" viewpoint. You're right up there with the guy you've been bickering with all week in the category of intolerant, ignorant *******s. Funk you both, and the rest like you.

Learning the opposing viewpoints and motivations is the only way to have an intelligent conversation bout politics. That obviously escapes you. I see why. The current administration goes to great lengths to encourage you not to.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Spin?

Again, I wasn't talking about the overall picture -- just this individual comment.

I'll never understand why people have to latch on to such petty little things when there is so much real criticism to go around . . .

Again, I wasn't talking about the overall picture -- just this individual comment.

I'll never understand why people have to latch on to such petty little things when there is so much real criticism to go around . . .
    So what word would have been more appropriate for this minor, insignifigant not-even-a-gaffe in your opinion?

Just curious.

I happen to believe revenge is exactly the word he was thinking, and it's meaning was exactly the emotion he was feeling. I would disagree it was a gaffe at all, I'd say (IMO) that it perfectly suited Obama world view and philosophy.

But well meaning people can agree to disagree, I suppose.

Will YOU be getting your revenge tomorrow OCCH?

So what word would have been more appropriate for this minor, insignifigant not-even-a-gaffe in your opinion?

Just curious.

I happen to believe revenge is exactly the word he was thinking, and it's meaning was exactly the emotion he was feeling. I would disagree it was a gaffe at all, I'd say (IMO) that it perfectly suited Obama world view and philosophy.

But well meaning people can agree to disagree, I suppose.

Will YOU be getting your revenge tomorrow OCCH?
    I guess I don't get the context -- how would voting be "revenge" if Obama's already in the WH? What would they be getting "revenge" on? It's a poor choice of words, but because it doesn't make sense, not because it sends a subliminal message.

I agree the man has a bitter personality -- it shows in his reactions as well as his gestures. I'm just tired of this idea that someone is going to change their vote based on "revenge" or "47%", while meanwhile Benghazi continues to be largely ignored (something I know you said is important to you).

I don't see my vote as revenge because he didn't get it the first time around either. If anything, the only people getting revenge are the ones who voted for Obama based on "hope and change", only to see little of either over the last four years . . .
    Last edited by OCCH; 11-05-2012 at 10:02 PM.

I guess I don't get the context -- how would voting be "revenge" if Obama's already in the WH? What would they be getting "revenge" on? It's a poor choice of words, but because it doesn't make sense, not because it sends a subliminal message.

I agree the man has a bitter personality -- it shows in his reactions as well as his gestures. I'm just tired of this idea that someone is going to change their vote based on "revenge" or "47%", while meanwhile Benghazi continues to be largely ignored (something I know you said is important to you).

I don't see my vote as revenge because he didn't get it the first time around either. If anything, the only people getting revenge are the ones who voted for Obama based on "hope and change", only to see little of either over the last four years . . .
    It's the only way he knows how to lead. Us vs. them. They, the almighty powerful rich people, you know the enemy, have held us down, but no more! It's all their fault we're in this mess, it's all their fault I couldnt get anything done in four years. But they'll see, just give me four more and they'll see. *evil laugh*

Ok I went on a bit of a roll there. Too much?

But anyway, more or less..