Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great column on fallacy in Jets building

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    In the immortal words of my cousin Vinnie.

Everything he just said is Bullsh!t!!!

This is a different league, its even different than it was two years ago. You need a Qb that can lead the team. A qb with accuracy. A qb that makes the players around him better. Sanchez is none of these. Cut the crap and stop living in the past.
    The worst part of this is we are no even close to having a dominating defense. Good defense ,but not great ,about avg in the league

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    In the immortal words of my cousin Vinnie.

Everything he just said is Bullsh!t!!!

This is a different league, its even different than it was two years ago. You need a Qb that can lead the team. A qb with accuracy. A qb that makes the players around him better. Sanchez is none of these. Cut the crap and stop living in the past.
    AGREED! It gets tiring reading excuse after excuse regarding Suckchez. I'd love to see him do well but it isn't happening anytime soon!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Although I agree with the article posted, and although I'd like the Jets to have a long period of sustained excellence with multiple Super Bowls, I'd actually settle for only one championship. As long as it happens before I die.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    The worst part of this is we are no even close to having a dominating defense. Good defense ,but not great ,about avg in the league
    We are close. The fact that it's a pass rusher we're missing makes it seem farther away, and I guess it may as well be considering that we've been looking for one for about 10 years now. If we got Ellis and Pouha back, and found 2 outside linebackers that could run. One or both that could rush the passer we'd be elite. Sadly, being close doesn't help, and still leaves us without a decent offense. The worst thing I think is that Rex refuses to believe it won't work. We need to do some drastic things. Like using 4 down lineman. We may as well see what we have in all these young players. No sense in having Pace, and Thomas on the field. The offense needs to try being innovative as well. I'd like to see what Sanchez can do in a hurry up, and lets move him around, and throw on first down. What happened to the up tempo we were supposed to have? We don't even move quickly when we're down 20 in the 4th quarter. If not then let's see what McElroy can do. The way we're playing, and the schedule we have will only lead to a 7-9 record, and a lousy draft slot.

Cool WE NEED....

[QUOTE=Vin;4673940]- We need a QB that is ACCURATE and INTELLIGENT.

- We need a QB that knows when to take a sack and when to throw the ball away in crucial situations.

- We need a QB that knows how to throw a screen-pass to a RB.

- We need a QB that SHOWS SOME FIRE out on the field and accountability off it.

... OUR Running Backs do not catch screen passes. They just run into the line and fall down. wait till next year