Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kentucky may want Rex

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    There are plenty of teams who would.

Like I said, Rex is a better coach than Herm, Mangini, and Fox.

All who were hired immediately as HC after leaving their first team.

Is it a lock to happen? No, but it definitely could.
    How can you say with a straight face that Wrecks is a better HC than John Fox?

Fox has been a HC for 11 years, won 4 division titles, a conference championship and came within 2:00 minutes of winning a Super Bowl.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How can you say with a straight face that Wrecks is a better HC than John Fox?

Fox has been a HC for 11 years, won 4 division titles, a conference championship and came within 2:00 minutes of winning a Super Bowl.
    Fine, but my point still stands and you know it

And lets also throw out that important fact that all of Fox's HC success came in the NFC South which was pretty damn bad during that time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    And lets also throw out that important fact that all of Fox's HC success came in the NFC South which was pretty damn bad during that time.
    True, but those Panthers teams weren't exactly loaded with a bunch of All-Pro talent.

Fox did a very nice job of taking a mediocre team and elevating the level of performance.

Can't ask a HC to do more than that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fine, but my point still stands and you know it

A lot of Patriots players have gone on record saying that that Carolina team was the toughest team they played for a Super Bowl. They were very physical.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disagree...

Rex has done way better than Mangini and Herm who both immediately got HC jobs after their time with the Jets. Rex would get a DC position in the NFL at absolute worst.

John Fox also had a ridiculously bad year with Carolina and than immediately went to the Broncos.

It happens quite a bit.
    I mean, yeah, it's possible, but the guys you mentioned are more exceptions than the rule. Hell, if things end up badly enough with the Jets, Rex may want to go back to being a DC. I'm still trying to figure out what Rex does exceptionally well as a head coach as opposed to a DC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I mean, yeah, it's possible, but the guys you mentioned are more exceptions than the rule. Hell, if things end up badly enough with the Jets, Rex may want to go back to being a DC. I'm still trying to figure out what Rex does exceptionally well as a head coach as opposed to a DC.

I think he is definitely better suited as a DC. I do not think that Rex would ever think that though, the ego on the guy is humongous.

I also think you guys are severely over rating the intelligence of NFL ownership. I could easily see a dumbass team like the Chiefs or Titans giving him a HC opportunity should the Jets fire him (which btw I doubt they will).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Tanny gets canned

Rex takes UK job to save face.

Man Christmas may come early Jet fans! I didn't think this would happen for another couple of years....
    if tanny gets canned, rex may look to bail, since he must know that with those qbs, things won't get much better next year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL @ bringing up Wade Phillips. You guys do know he got more than 1 HC gig, right?

If guys like Phillips & Norv Turner could get multiple HC gigs, I don't see why Rex can't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    LOL @ bringing up Wade Phillips. You guys do know he got more than 1 HC gig, right?

If guys like Phillips & Norv Turner could get multiple HC gigs, I don't see why Rex can't.
    Rex could surely get a second gig as HC, although I agree with those who have stated his best coaching position might be DC. As DC, he's probably top 3 in the league, as head coach, he's more in top 10 territory.

But there are plenty of teams who would take a shot on Rex given his team success in 2009 and 2010 and his great defensive mind. Far worse retreads have gotten a second gig as you mentioned.