Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jay Gruden for OC

Veteran

Jay Gruden for OC

Marvin may get the axe, should we pursue Jay?

All Pro
    why would he take a lateral move to join this sh*t show?

would have to offer him the HC position

Jay Gruden for OC

Got to figure if they ax Marvin, Jay Gruden has a good shot at H.C

Why does every year Jets fans think that it's the OC....

How many of these ****in guys have we been through w/ the same results...

Turns out everyone that comes here sucks... Maybe it's the players that suck.

Who thinks that Rex would get another Head Coaching gig?
    I don't think he would
    He's the coaching equivalent of TO & Ocho
    Talented DC with to much baggage

Even now he says stupid chit, after saying he made mistakes ect.
    Most talented team?
    I don't know what I'm gonna do?
    We didn't coach scared? Ok Rex you brought in Tebow when Sanchez was 16/19 190 yards & 2 drops, to run up the gut on 1st down for a yard.
    Then u brought in Sanchez & handed off to a gimpy McKnight "up the middle" for another yard? Um, OK Rex.
    When he opens his mouth stupid chit falls out.
    The worst was when he dressed to look like his brother, that was just awful comedy.
    Then you have his press conferences when he says, "I don't want to give anything away", then proceeds to say he wants to use Tebow more & explains each players injury down to the exact area in which the other team should aim for.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex aint geting another head coaching job in the nfl. He will be blacklisted. He will bounce around as DC like his brother.

LOL at Jay Gruden. 3 yards passing in 1st half (for the record Sanchez threw for 230 yards against this defense). And we don't have an AJ Green on this roster.

And having a WR running a 5 yard route on 4th and 11. I don't care if it was Dalton's 5th checkdown, you never have a guy run that route in that spot. pathetic.

If that just happened during a Jet playoff game this board would be calling for his head.

All Pro
    Seriously? Did you think he looked like he called a good game here?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Rex aint geting another head coaching job in the nfl. He will be blacklisted. He will bounce around as DC like his brother.
    For your sake I hope you're not a gambler. And looks like someone may be getting death instead.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    For your sake I hope you're not a gambler. And looks like someone may be getting death instead.
    He's a blowhard irrational hater.

After watching this game...no thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Terrible job by Gruden tonight IMO.

Give Houston some credit but Gruden did not help Dalton at all. Basically wasted the whole first half.

Rookie
    If that's the case then how about Lewis for DC?

Dude STFU already

Not everybody in the NFL has the myopic view of Rex you do, in fact, nobody does.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by afesposit View Post
    Why does every year Jets fans think that it's the OC....

How many of these ****in guys have we been through w/ the same results...

Turns out everyone that comes here sucks... Maybe it's the players that suck.
    We have a winner.

Why would he be blacklisted, if he does get fired and decides to be a DC for a while and is as successful as last time, he'll get another job.

Rob Ryan has never had a defense in top 12 for points, and only once has had a defense in top 10 (#3) for yards. By comparison, as both a HC and DC over 8 seasons, Rex has had a top ten yards defense all 8 years, and top 10 scoring defense in 5 years.

Today's games proved one thing to me. How glad I am to have Rex Ryan over Marvin Lewis, Gary Kubiak, Leslie Frazier, and to a lesser extent, Mike McCarthy.

Argghhhh! Jets are a laughing stock! Worst team in the league! Argghhh!

Did you see these "playoff" teams today?

Bengals now 22+ years without a playoff win. Playing any other team the Texans lose, and Joe Webb.. no comment.

Every team has issues. Even playoff teams. But nope, not here. Only the Jets suck. We're the worst.

no way. After watching this mess in Houston. BJGE runs 32 yards he gives up the run the next three times gaining 3 yards. Next Serie Ellis first play 12 yards then three passes for 3 more yards. Next series Ellis runs 8 yards then Gruden throws 2 passes one of which was a sack. He gives up quicker on the run than Shotty or Sprano
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Jet View Post
    Marvin may get the axe, should we pursue Jay?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Today's games proved one thing to me. How glad I am to have Rex Ryan over Marvin Lewis, Gary Kubiak, Leslie Frazier, and to a lesser extent, Mike McCarthy.

Argghhhh! Jets are a laughing stock! Worst team in the league! Argghhh!

Did you see these "playoff" teams today?

Bengals now 22+ years without a playoff win. Playing any other team the Texans lose, and Joe Webb.. no comment.

Every team has issues. Even playoff teams. But nope, not here. Only the Jets suck. We're the worst.

This board needs a "like" button so bad!

+1 just doesn't do this post justice!

Rookie
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...res-a-j-green/

Bengals’ game plan oddly ignores A.J. Green

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 5, 2013, 6:00 PM EST

Getty Images
    If Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden is, as reported, trying to show that he deserves a head-coaching job, he has a funny way of showing it: By ignoring his team’s best offensive playmaker in a playoff game.

Through the first half of the Bengals’ wild card playoff game against the Texans, not a single pass has been thrown to Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green. Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton has thrown 10 first-half passes: Five to tight end Jermaine Gresham, three to receiver Marvin Jones and two to running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

Obviously, that’s not just about Gruden’s game plan: It’s also about Dalton (who’s having a bad first half) and about Texans cornerback Johnathan Joseph (who’s having a good first half). But whatever the reasons, it’s just plain weird that in their biggest game of the season, the Bengals aren’t getting the ball to their best player. When they took over at their own 40-yard line with seconds remaining in the first half, they didn’t even try to throw a deep ball to Green and see if he could go up and make a play. Instead they simply took a knee, content to go into the locker room down 9-7 at halftime.

Through 30 minutes, the Bengals’ only points came from cornerback Leon Hall, who ran back an interception for a touchdown. If the Bengals want to win this game, they need to score some offensive points. And that means getting the ball to Green.