Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst QB in AFC East Sanchez or Fitzpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    ...because he won't fit in in either LA or Toronto anyway.
    Toronto?

Hey America!
    We don't want your GARBAGE!!! Don't try to pawn the bills off on us!!!

Russell Wilson sucks.

Get outta here with that. Anything related to Pete Carroll decision making is going to explode into a pile of brown poo at some point.

Trust me.

All Pro
    Hard to say, they're pretty similar. Both are prone to streaks where they play well, both are prone to being devastatingly awful and committing head scratching turnovers.

I would actually probably go with Sanchez because I think he's more clutch than Fitzpatrick (who has literally never won a big game IIRC) but Fitz is probably a little more consistent so I wouldn't kill someone who went with him.

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Weeden is garbage, he's make 2-3 throws a game that make you think hes good but then he'll make some god awful throws and bad decisions. Rich Gannon yesterday was killing him for his decision making, they really outplayed Baltimore and should have won that game handily if it wasn't for his ineffectiveness.

Weeden is an older Sanchez at this point. My ranking of rookie QBs goes:

Luck- Guy is a STUD, will be the best QB in the NFL in 2 years easy, Big Ben with a quicker release
    Wilson- Reminds me of a more athletic Chad Pennington with a better arm, throws a good deep ball, doesn't make many mistakes, good with playaction
    RGIII- Still not polished at reading defenses, obviously his running is elite level, will he end up being worth 3 #1's, not so sure about that.
    Tannehill- Good arm, from what I see throws a better deep/intermediate ball than short passes, once he gets that down will be an above-avg starter for a while, don't see elite potential.
    Weeden- 29 and will be out of the NFL in 4 years IMO
    Agree on luck, agree on Wilson (totally forgot he was a rookie...should say all that needs to be said about him), and completely agree on RG3's description (not ranking).

Weeden's age doesn't have to do much with how good he is. Right now I'd say that he and RG are very comparable. Some of his decisions are poor, but they're really no different than RG3's. RG has the team around him and the flashier plays which cover up a lot of those mistakes, but they're still there.

The reason I believe Weeden has a brighter future is because he's still figuring defenses out, whereas defenses already know what he brings to the table, and have been more adept earlier on, to stopping him.

RG3 has the same task ahead of him, except that he also has the added burden of teams now understanding his strengths and weaknesses, having it all on tape, and having to adjust to that along with learning NFL defenses. Therefore, I rank Weeden ahead of RG and following Luck and Wilson.

Tannehill ranks last amongst rookie QBs not because he stinks, but rather because he's still raw and his competitors are that much better this draft. He does rank first in the hot wives club though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Lets fight over who is the 30th or 31st best qb in the league. Great thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Hard to say, they're pretty similar. Both are prone to streaks where they play well, both are prone to being devastatingly awful and committing head scratching turnovers.

I would actually probably go with Sanchez because I think he's more clutch than Fitzpatrick (who has literally never won a big game IIRC) but Fitz is probably a little more consistent so I wouldn't kill someone who went with him.
    Yeah I would say Fitzpatrick is the one guy I see who throws INTs that are so shockingly bad I get reminded of Mark's turnovers when I see them. Maybe I would put Palmer in that category too with some of his INTs.

Sanchez has more physical talent than Fitzpatrick though clearly and has been more clutch. That said, I consider Fitzpatrick a bottom 5 QB in the league so being better than him only means you aren't the absolute worst of the worst.

Fitz is better but not by a whole lot. Sanchez is in a really low group IMO. Your talking Matt Cassel, Zonas QB whom ever, Gabbert, Ponder, and maybe Mike Vick at this point. Everyone else is better without a doubt. I'll give Weeden the BOD as he has less then anyone to work with. I still say Colt McCoy is better and younger.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Sanchez is 3-8 in his last 11 regular game starts.
    I don't like you, but I don't like Sanchez either....2-9 if Miami's kicker didn't gift wrap one of the W's this year.

The more I see from Sanchez the more I'm amazed that he even made it to the pro level at all, I think he's under 50% on screen passes.

People used to get on Todd, O'Brien....but those guys could at least come back from double digits down.

The second you see Tom Brady take a 2 TD lead on the Jets you know it's time to turn the game off. You can't start a QB who doesn't have enough to at least give the best team in the division a game...when his team is not stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Lets fight over who is the 30th or 31st best qb in the league. Great thread.
    Haha.

Becoming really sad again to be a Jet fan isn't it? Almost Kotite sad.

Veteran
    What an original idea this thread is. Ignorant regurgitated bullsh!t just like by he last 1500 threads with similar titles. The problem with MS Is coaching. He is a student of the game and if you give him the right information and a little protection, he'll win you ballgames.

This is the 'THIS' that your looking for. Haters won't get it.

Hall Of Fame
    Tebow is the worst QB in the ACFE.

Sanchez is better than Fitzpatrick. But that isn't saying much.

Veteran
    For those Sanchez haters that like Eli Manning and his 11.2 qbr yesterday, line up Mark and Eli's #'s against Pittsburg. And even ignore the fact that the replacement refs were allowing coverage that even Mel Blount would throw flags on.
    " Place excuses here "

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    What an original idea this thread is. Ignorant regurgitated bullsh!t just like by he last 1500 threads with similar titles. The problem with MS Is coaching. He is a student of the game and if you give him the right information and a little protection, he'll win you ballgames.

This is the 'THIS' that your looking for. Haters won't get it.
    We all agree on that fact you give mark a top 5 team he can win games but then again 95 percent of the qb's can but if he has a average team then he plain sucks where most qb's would still be able to come in second in the division and make the playoffs.

The Sanchez love for such a horrible qb is unreal.

It's like choosing between two bowls of ****.

At the end of their day they're both bottom five alongside Cassel, Gabbert and Hasselbeck.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Sanchez is 3-8 in his last 11 regular game starts.
    Good stat, TX... It's truly telling

All Pro
    Fitz is, and always will be, complete trash.

Sanchez is definitely better, though that's not saying much.

The only QB who sucks worse than Fitz is Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    It's like choosing between two bowls of ****.

At the end of their day they're both bottom five alongside Cassel, Gabbert and Hasselbeck.
    Hasselbeck is 37 years old.. You really want to throw him in the mix of trash? He's supposed to be a backup.....

Quote Originally Posted by afesposit View Post
    Tannehill has already passed both of them 8 games into his career....

I'll say Fitzpatrick is worse, but not by much....
    Fitzpatrick is not close to as good as Sanchez, which is pretty sad obviously. If people here complained about Pennington, Fitz is a much worse version of him. I guarantee you will not find a bigger drop off in performance for any other QB in the league between wheyn the play against good versus bad defenses. Look up his game by game stats over the last 2 seasons and you will see what I am talking about. Fitzpatrick has yet to have a single good game his entire career in:
    A) A big game.
    B) A game against an upper level level defense.

Sanchez has had numerous good games under A & B above, especially in the playoffs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    I don't like you.
    Well, that wasn't very nice.