Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85

Thread: Wilson outplaying Sanchez this week would probably be nail in his coffin

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Difference between him and Leinart, though, is that he has a history of success while Leinart has been non-descript at best.

    I can see him getting a legit shot and earning his way into a starter role on a team that has real football coaches, real football GMs, and real Football Owners; all who would do whatever it took to help their QB succeed.
    Sanchez needs to be on the All-Madden team to succeed. He is a "complementary player". That is not what you want your QB to be.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sorry but that title would go to your worshipped and adoration first round megabust Teblows.


    ALL those negatives you listed PLUS can't hit the broad side of a barn AND worthless as a runner or passer in the WC


    Should have just been cut this week

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Except Tebow wasn't a top 5 pick.

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Except Tebow wasn't a top 5 pick.
    No but still a remarkably stupid first round pick.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    No one knows for sure exactly how long the leash is for Mark at this point, but you have to think it would be very bad for his future prospects to get outplayed by a mid-round rookie that is under 6 feet tall. It would really put things in perspective. Now, to be fair to Mark, he's going up against the better D in this game in a very hostile environment. But if he throws up a stinker while Wilson has a nice efficient game, I'm not sure he can survive that.

    Kind of sad that we're even discussing our 4th year "franchise" QB being outplayed by the 4th best rookie QB in the league (or 3rd if you're being generous), but that's where things stand right now.
    If the Jets lose, somehow it will be everybody but Sanchez's fault. From now until eternity.

  5. #45
    Sanchez may suck ( or not) but I think Rex will come up with a plan to confuse the rookie. This reminds me of the Luck game. Also Tannehill didn't light up the Jets. The Jets simply self destucted.

  6. #46
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Wilson sucks.

    Seattle Sucks.

    Sanchez sucks.

    The Jets suck.

    This game will be barely watchable, with the Pete Carroll factor possibly having me wretch into a bucket as the game goes on.........

    Pete Carroll is an awful, phoney, horrendous person. What he did to USC, then pulled a "screw you guys, I'm going to Seattle" and his fake West Coast rah-rah approach is horrid.

    Blech......Jets and Seattle both win games when teams play crappier than them, not when they actually outplay anybody. This is going to be a boring horror show.......unless of course Beast mode just cornholes the Jets.
    Oh? So we didn't outplay the Patriots? Okay.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    Sanchez may suck ( or not) but I think Rex will come up with a plan to confuse the rookie. This reminds me of the Luck game. Also Tannehill didn't light up the Jets. The Jets simply self destucted.
    I think this is true also. But will the Jets be able to handle Wilson when he gets out of the pocket? That's where I think Seattle will have a chance to make plays.

    Also, the major difference between this game and the Colts game was that the Jets were able to manhandle Indy in the ground game. That ain't happening on Sunday. Sanchez will need more than 82 yards passing to win this one.

    My guess is that the Jets will start fairly well on both sides of the ball, but then Sanchez will take a shot from one of the Seattle passrushers and the offense will fold immediately.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,092
    Also, the major difference between this game and the Colts game was that the Jets were able to manhandle Indy in the ground game.
    The game was at home. The Jets would have gotten beat in Indy. Seattel D is going to manhandle sanchez to the point of a benching. Tebow time is right around the corner.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    No but still a remarkably stupid first round pick.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    And yet brilliant when compared to the ultimately preposterous pick of the worst QB in the NFL with the 5th pick of the 1st round.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I think this is true also. But will the Jets be able to handle Wilson when he gets out of the pocket? That's where I think Seattle will have a chance to make plays.

    Also, the major difference between this game and the Colts game was that the Jets were able to manhandle Indy in the ground game. That ain't happening on Sunday. Sanchez will need more than 82 yards passing to win this one.

    My guess is that the Jets will start fairly well on both sides of the ball, but then Sanchez will take a shot from one of the Seattle passrushers and the offense will fold immediately.
    Yup ...

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    Good, the sooner the better, the quicker they fall, the better for the Franchise and most importantly the fans.

    I'm starting to hate the team I've loved all my life. I hate this shyster who is pretending to be a GM. I'm starting to hate the coach who only knows 1 side of the ball, and I'm hating the owner for allowing himself to be conned by these guys.
    As a long time Jets fans, I know how you feel. Thru all of those horrible seasons over the past 45 years I have never felt this bad about being a Jets fan. I did not feel this way even in the 1-15 season.

    The FO has ignored glaring needs on D and O for years and it has caught up to us big time

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    "Tannenfraud" is a genius, because he was only thinking about HIMSELF when he gave that bum Sanchez a double digit million dollar contract in 2013. He knows that as long as makes it so Sanchez must stick around another year, then HE gets to stick around another year, and collect fat paychecks HIMSELF.

    That's the ONLY plausible explanation I can think of for giving a BOTTOM 5 QB more guaranteed money when Baltimore won't even do the same for Flacco, who has pretty much destroyed Sanchez in every statistical category.

    .
    I completely agree with that. I've been saying this for months now. Honestly it also sounds implausible but it's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

    The only other option is it was for to pad Mark's ego and if that's the case then he should be fired even faster.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    As a long time Jets fans, I know how you feel. Thru all of those horrible seasons over the past 45 years I have never felt this bad about being a Jets fan. I did not feel this way even in the 1-15 season.

    The FO has ignored glaring needs on D and O for years and it has caught up to us big time
    agreed. I think this comes from

    1) a coach that promises superbowls

    2) back-to-back AFC championships. I honestly thought this team, coach and QB were for real. For the first time, in a very long time, I thought the Jets would be good for a decade.

    The three of them turned out to be frauds!

  14. #54
    The second time they went to the AFCCG ... They squeezed in. They were not a dominant force.

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    The second time they went to the AFCCG ... They squeezed in. They were not a dominant force.
    Beating Peyton Manning and Tom Brady on the road is squeezing in? That 2010 team was arguably the best Jets team in the last decade.

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,857
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Sanchez is the worst QB bust in NFL history......
    Maybe you've never heard of a guy named Jamarcus Russell?

    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    He would be good in Arizona great receivers a good running game...
    Aside from an aging Fitz, their receivers are below average. Also, good running game? With who, LaRod Stephens-Howling?

    Your football knowledge is not good.

  17. #57
    As much as I can't wait for the end of the Sanchez Era, it has a shelf life of at least another three weeks. If a change is made, it will be made between Thanksgiving and December 2nd and since we'll be 4-7 or 3-8, you would hope a change will come.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sorry but that title would go to your worshipped and adoration first round megabust Teblows.


    ALL those negatives you listed PLUS can't hit the broad side of a barn AND worthless as a runner or passer in the WC


    Should have just been cut this week

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I actually think Tebow is not a QB so I don't judge him as one

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I think this is true also. But will the Jets be able to handle Wilson when he gets out of the pocket? That's where I think Seattle will have a chance to make plays.

    Also, the major difference between this game and the Colts game was that the Jets were able to manhandle Indy in the ground game. That ain't happening on Sunday. Sanchez will need more than 82 yards passing to win this one.

    My guess is that the Jets will start fairly well on both sides of the ball, but then Sanchez will take a shot from one of the Seattle passrushers and the offense will fold immediately.
    You're forgetting another major difference - are we facing Vick Ballard this week or Marshawn Lynch? There is nothing to suggest through 8 games that Rex's run D can slow down an elite runner like Lynch. His eyes probably got wide as saucers when he saw the game film of our run D. If we sell out to stop him, Wilson can probably make a few plays in play-action, he's been a decent QB at home. They won't ask him to do much, but if Lynch has a big day, he won't need to.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    You're forgetting another major difference - are we facing Vick Ballard this week or Marshawn Lynch? There is nothing to suggest through 8 games that Rex's run D can slow down an elite runner like Lynch. His eyes probably got wide as saucers when he saw the game film of our run D. If we sell out to stop him, Wilson can probably make a few plays in play-action, he's been a decent QB at home. They won't ask him to do much, but if Lynch has a big day, he won't need to.
    Didn't forget about Lynch, he's just 3rd on the list of reasons why this game could go bad for the Jets.

    1. Offense can't establish the run.
    2. Sanchez takes one hit and becomes skittish, tentative, and even more inaccurate.
    3. After countless 3 & outs from the offense, Beast Mode finally gets untracked and eats yards in chunks.

    I actually think the Jets will bottle up Lynch in the first quarter. To not be completely negative, if the Jets can sustain drives I think this game comes down to the wire. But after seeing what this defense did to the Packers and Pats at home, I think those guys are the ones with the eyes as big as saucers.

    This could very easily be Jets/Ravens from Sunday night last year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us