Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wilson outplaying Sanchez this week would probably be nail in his coffin

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Didn't forget about Lynch, he's just 3rd on the list of reasons why this game could go bad for the Jets.

1. Offense can't establish the run.
    2. Sanchez takes one hit and becomes skittish, tentative, and even more inaccurate.
    3. After countless 3 & outs from the offense, Beast Mode finally gets untracked and eats yards in chunks.

I actually think the Jets will bottle up Lynch in the first quarter. To not be completely negative, if the Jets can sustain drives I think this game comes down to the wire. But after seeing what this defense did to the Packers and Pats at home, I think those guys are the ones with the eyes as big as saucers.

This could very easily be Jets/Ravens from Sunday night last year.
    This may have pre-dated Rex, but I remember we used to have issues with Lynch when he was on the Bills, even before he was considered elite. The dude is relentless though. We'll do well to hold him under 100.

Obvious you're spot on about their pass rush and I think their secondary against our WRs is a pretty big mismatch. I don't want to give Sanchez a pass before the game even starts, but there might not be much available in terms of open guys for him this game. If Green can't get untracked, this one could get sideways very quickly. Mark just doesn't have the patience when things aren't going well, he'll turn it over and things will spiral.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    And why would they take Sanchez? Would other NFL FO's be thinking, "wow, that Sanchez has true talent, the Jets really screwed up, let's grab him!" That never happens. Sanchez right now has journeyman written all over him.

Again, maybe he gets signed to a cheap contract and a chance to compete with an incumbent starter, that's his best shot. Or perhaps a Jason Campbell type situation, where he gets a one-year contract to prove himself. He's not landing anywhere else for anything significant, that's for sure, and he'd have to shed the reputation for the level of play that got him ousted from New York in the first place (this assumes he continues to **** the bed for so long that the Jets have no choice but to either cut him or dump him onto another team somehow).

You'd be surprised. You don't think there will be ANY coach out there that believes he can BETTER Develop Mark as a QB? Truth is stranger than fiction in that regard, my friend.

Maybe he won't be a starter....then again, maybe he will. In this QB-Driven league, all it would take is for a starter to suck or get injured(which happens pretty frequently in both cases on teams that don't have Franchise QB's) and BAM! Here's Sanchez getting his shot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Here's Sanchez getting his shot.
    Getting his shot??????

Sanchez has been given his "shot" for the last 4 years.

He has shown zero improvement and is one of the statistically worst QB's in the NFL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Getting his shot??????

He has shown zero improvement and is one of the statistically worst QB's in the NFL.
    Thanks for letting us know what some of us know already.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Thanks for letting us know what some of us know already.
    The key word in your response is "some".

Where has RahRah and sg3 been lately?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The game was at home. The Jets would have gotten beat in Indy. Seattel D is going to manhandle sanchez to the point of a benching. Tebow time is right around the corner.

Colts were coming off an extremely emotional game against the packers... Their hc had been diagnosed w/ leukemia that week too...

They were bound for a letdown against the jets....

Plus they are bad against the run, so their d was tailor made for the Jests running game....

We got them right place right time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'd be surprised. You don't think there will be ANY coach out there that believes he can BETTER Develop Mark as a QB? Truth is stranger than fiction in that regard, my friend.

Maybe he won't be a starter....then again, maybe he will. In this QB-Driven league, all it would take is for a starter to suck or get injured(which happens pretty frequently in both cases on teams that don't have Franchise QB's) and BAM! Here's Sanchez getting his shot.
    Yes, that's basically what I said. He'd get another chance somewhere, but no one is taking a Sanchez who bottomed out with the Jets and handing him a starter job. Maybe a chance to compete in camp, but most likely holding a clipboard for a year or two.

Some people are so enamored of his playoff runs that they are ignoring almost all of Sanchez's faults as a QB, and have put such blinders on that they just insist he's extremely talented and the Jets are just screwing him over and leading him to such poor results. At some point you have to evaluate him individually. There's nothing special about Mark Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    This may have pre-dated Rex, but I remember we used to have issues with Lynch when he was on the Bills, even before he was considered elite. The dude is relentless though. We'll do well to hold him under 100.
    Yep.

Speaking of bad Bills memories, remember Travis Henry? Dude ALWAYS ran for 100+ against us, lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Getting his shot??????

What's your point, Troll?

I'm referring to the real possibility that some other Coaching staff out there believes they can better develop Mark Sanchez.

Why can't you go back to spooning Brady and leave Jets fans alone?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's your point, Troll?

I'm referring to the real possibility that some other Coaching staff out there believes they can better develop Mark Sanchez.

Why can't you go back to spooning Brady and leave Jets fans alone?
    Unfortunately, I think once qbs are damaged goods, they stay damaged goods with few exceptions. Once you make hamburger, it's tough to turn it back into steak

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Unfortunately, I think once qbs are damaged goods, they stay damaged goods with few exceptions. Once you make hamburger, it's tough to turn it back into steak
    Bad analogy since Both Hamburger and Steak taste good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    It's kind of strange as some guys, like Brady Quinn, lose out as the starter, then bounce from team to team, while other guys are out of the league shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 11-07-2012 at 10:27 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually want Tebow to start now so we can get this bs over with and he can spend rest of his career as a journeyman backup qb. Let's see how good he looks without Denver's D and Mike McCoy. Even Denver's WR's are vastly superior to our scrubs. Thomas and Decker are light years ahead of Kerley, Schilens and rookie Hill.

If you're a Tebow fan you should want nothing with him playing on this talentless roster. By week 17 Tebow's career would be over.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I actually want Tebow to start now so we can get this bs over with and he can spend rest of his career as a journeyman backup qb. Let's see how good he looks without Denver's D and Mike McCoy. Even Denver's WR's are vastly superior to our scrubs. Thomas and Decker are light years ahead of Kerley, Schilens and rookie Hill.

If you're a Tebow fan you should want nothing with him playing on this talentless roster. By week 17 Tebow's career would be over.
    First of all, Mike McCoy generally sucks as an OC and play caller, and even this year, fans in Denver have been calling for his head.

Secondly, Decker and Thomas, while 2nd year players, were essentially rookies last year, with very little NFL experience and fewer than 30 catches between them. Additionally, Thomas was injured at the beginning of the season and wasn't in shape/form until the last 5 games of the regular season.

That as a given, it's silly to say that they were light years ahead of Schilens, Kerley and Hill.

What would be a concern is our offensive line, compared to Denver's last year. But I think that as more to do with coaching and play design / blocking schemes versus personnel. Denver's Offensive Line coach was Dave Magazu and he did a masterful job.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Yep.

Speaking of bad Bills memories, remember Travis Henry? Dude ALWAYS ran for 100+ against us, lol.
    He disappeared in Tennessee.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson>sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Certainly had to go digging deep to find this thread. Didn't you, KR?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Wilson>sanchez
    Hard to dispute that after today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) He did

2) It won't be

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson looked a lot like Sanchez his first two years