Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson outplaying Sanchez this week would probably be nail in his coffin

Wilson outplaying Sanchez this week would probably be nail in his coffin

No one knows for sure exactly how long the leash is for Mark at this point, but you have to think it would be very bad for his future prospects to get outplayed by a mid-round rookie that is under 6 feet tall. It would really put things in perspective. Now, to be fair to Mark, he's going up against the better D in this game in a very hostile environment. But if he throws up a stinker while Wilson has a nice efficient game, I'm not sure he can survive that.

Kind of sad that we're even discussing our 4th year "franchise" QB being outplayed by the 4th best rookie QB in the league (or 3rd if you're being generous), but that's where things stand right now.

All Pro
    his multi-million dollar contract thanks to the genius Tannenfraud makes his coffin nail-proof at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    his multi-million dollar contract thanks to the genius Tannenfraud makes his coffin nail-proof at this point.
    Perhaps. I'm not saying he won't still be on the team, but I wonder if Rex would be so desperate as to turn to Tebow then...

Jets Insider VIP
    I can almost imagine Sanchez being rushed on one play, scrambling and then throwing the ball out of bounds....where it's caught by Braylon Edwards on the Seahawks sideline.

They will just run the ball down our throats w/ Marshawn.

Jamarcus Russell says 'Hello'

Wilson sucks.

Seattle Sucks.

Sanchez sucks.

The Jets suck.

This game will be barely watchable, with the Pete Carroll factor possibly having me wretch into a bucket as the game goes on.........

Pete Carroll is an awful, phoney, horrendous person. What he did to USC, then pulled a "screw you guys, I'm going to Seattle" and his fake West Coast rah-rah approach is horrid.

Blech......Jets and Seattle both win games when teams play crappier than them, not when they actually outplay anybody. This is going to be a boring horror show.......unless of course Beast mode just cornholes the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I can almost imagine Sanchez being rushed on one play, scrambling and then throwing the ball out of bounds....where it's caught by Braylon Edwards on the Seahawks sideline.
    It'd probably be 3 feet over Braylon's head or at his feet if Mark stays true to form

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... don't worry ... k-dub won't even outplay the seattle mascot ...

l_j_r

it's hard to put another nail in a coffin when it's already under 8 feet of dirt

"Tannenfraud" is a genius, because he was only thinking about HIMSELF when he gave that bum Sanchez a double digit million dollar contract in 2013. He knows that as long as makes it so Sanchez must stick around another year, then HE gets to stick around another year, and collect fat paychecks HIMSELF.

That's the ONLY plausible explanation I can think of for giving a BOTTOM 5 QB more guaranteed money when Baltimore won't even do the same for Flacco, who has pretty much destroyed Sanchez in every statistical category.

Another thing, that no one even mentions. In 3 1/2 Years have you ever seen this bum being even CLOSE TO TAKING OVER A GAME? Just once? That to me is all the proof I need that this guy is not nor never will be a FRANCHISE QB, nor even worthy of being a 4th Rd selection in the Draft. I don't care how "bad" an OC he has. When an OC sees his QB take over game, no matter how bad that OC is, he'll give his QB free reign with his hot hand.

I used to write lots of bad stuff on Shottenheimer here, but I think I have to take it back. He and Sparano are dealing with a guy who is NOT STARTER MATERIAL on the NFL level, so the leash has had to have been incredibly short on him, just to try to keep the entire team in the game.

All Pro
    I think this will be sanchez's worst game as a pro. The seattle D plus the 12th man will render him useless. It is going to be ugly. Probably his last hurrah.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I think this will be sanchez's worst game as a pro. The seattle D plus the 12th man will render him useless. It is going to be ugly. Probably his last hurrah.
    Good, the sooner the better, the quicker they fall, the better for the Franchise and most importantly the fans.

I'm starting to hate the team I've loved all my life. I hate this shyster who is pretending to be a GM. I'm starting to hate the coach who only knows 1 side of the ball, and I'm hating the owner for allowing himself to be conned by these guys.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    Good, the sooner the better, the quicker they fall, the better for the Franchise and most importantly the fans.

I'm starting to hate the team I've loved all my life. I hate this shyster who is pretending to be a GM. I'm starting to hate the coach who only knows 1 side of the ball, and I'm hating the owner for allowing himself to be conned by these guys.
    We all think Mark sucks, and we all think he is not a NFL starting QB, however, there is one question that i dont see being answered, or even hypothesized,,,

HOW WILL WE GET MARK OFF THE TEAM NEXT YEAR WITH THAT CONTRACT??!!

Bueller?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It'd probably be 3 feet over Braylon's head or at his feet if Mark stays true to form
    lol...although this was probably you two years ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8cILb5JvBc

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    We all think Mark sucks, and we all think he is not a NFL starting QB, however, there is one question that i dont see being answered, or even hypothesized,,,

Bueller?
    They can't get him off the team. Not with that contract along with the other ball&chain contracts that Tannenbaum signed more dead weight on the roster.

Maybe that's why no one has answered your question, it's one of the most difficult questions to answer...and that's exactly what Tannenbaum wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

Bueller?
    I'll take a stab:

Pace, Scott & Smith alone equal anywhere from $13-15 million by themselves, just from being cut. Releasing Pouha might free up a couple million. Then I would extend Cromartie to make him a low cap figure for 2013, with a big payday for him in 2014 when the Sanchez deal is off the books.

Sanchez remains on the team as a ridiculously high-priced backup, but he kicks rocks after the '13 season is over.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    They can't get him off the team. Not with that contract along with the other ball&chain contracts that Tannenbaum signed more dead weight on the roster.

Maybe that's why no one has answered your question, it's one of the most difficult questions to answer...and that's exactly what Tannenbaum wanted.

iHurt.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    No...we can't bench him until after week 11. I've got a $100 bet riding that Tebow does not become the Jets starter until week 12.

Sanchez needs to get through Seattle and the Rams for me.

Hall Of Fame
    This game will be bad.

But if/when Bradford outperforms Sanchez with Schotty calling the plays that will be when the forum goes 99.9% anti-Sanchez.