Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers fans at Giants home game...

Steelers fans at Giants home game...

Heard their we're a ton. Good. Guess its not only the Jets who have visiting teams fans at games.

Jets Insider VIP
    On the Brian Urlacher interception in Tennessee at least 3/4 of the stadium jumped up in applause.

That was unbelievable.

Jets fans are still worse than the Giants fans when it comes to selling seats to opposing fans, but teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago, San Francisco, Green Bay and Dallas have always and will always travel very, very well.

They're national teams due to their team's successes from the 60s-90s, when the sport was growing into what it is today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Jets fans are still worse than the Giants fans when it comes to selling seats to opposing fans, but teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago, San Francisco, Green Bay and Dallas have always and will always travel very, very well.

They're national teams due to their team's successes from the 60s-90s, when the sport was growing into what it is today.
    I always hear this term, "travel well", and I dont think it is really true. Obviously these teams have fans that follow the team across the country but I think the major contributor is that the opposing fans are either from the home teams area but are bandwagon losers or are transplants now living in the city of the home team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I always hear this term, "travel well", and I dont think it is really true. Obviously these teams have fans that follow the team across the country but I think the major contributor is that the opposing fans are from the home teams area but are bandwagon losers and dont root for the home team. JMO.
    That too, haha.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Heard their we're a ton. Good. Guess its not only the Jets who have visiting teams fans at games.
    >their
    >we're

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    >their
    >we're
    its?

steelers fans travel better than anyone in the nfl. it's freaking pittsburgh, what else do they have other than football?

i noticed plenty of terrible towels while watching the game on tv. its a non factor though because its the giants. just like the fan who fell a few weeks ago off the escalator.

"Travel well" is more of an umbrella term for having a lot of representation for the away team. I don't think there are tons of Packers and Bears fans flying across the country every other week to attend games. Pittsburgh has a lot of fans who have left the city over the decades due to the declining industries there, and they pass the fandom down through their kids, etc.

I think literally traveling well applies more to college fans, though.

Hall Of Fame
    I noticed there were a lot of Steelers fans too. Nowhere near as bad as our 49er game was though.

>their
    >we're
    Now's not the time for rustling, Doctor. That comes later.

I am sure lots of tickets were just almost given away. Giants fans had a lot on their plates besides this game.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    I am sure lots of tickets were just almost given away. Giants fans had a lot on their plates besides this game.
    So you have totally given up the drunk Rushkie schtick?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    steelers fans travel better than anyone in the nfl. it's freaking pittsburgh, what else do they have other than football?

MetLife sounded like Heinz Field every time the Steelers scored yesterday.

i was at both games, id say it was about the same as the 49er game

only difference was at the 49er game the fans were grouped together in bunches, but the steelers fans were pretty scattered evenly.
    Last edited by BrianNY; 11-05-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    They do have a pretty good hockey team in Pittsburgh too that won a Stanley Cup just a few years ago....

>their
    >we're
    Typing on a phone a-hole. You must have an exciting life that you are going to point out typos and iPhone autocorrects.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    its?
    You are a tool

All League
    I was at the Giants-Steelers game in December 2004 and Giants Stadium was at least 40% Steelers fans. At minimum.