Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Steelers fans at Giants home game...

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    steelers fans travel better than anyone in the nfl. it's freaking pittsburgh, what else do they have other than football?
    This is true. Especially now since hockey isn't on and the pirates are, well the pirates. Also they are transplanted somewhere else. If your not in the healthcare field, you pretty much leave town. Over half of my college buddies moved away to New York, Dallas, etc.

  2. #22
    Doesn't matter how well the steeler fanbase travels, point is that the Giant season ticket holders sold a ton of their tickets, with the team playing well and coming off a super bowl championship.

    There could be 70,000 steeler fans looking to buy tickets, if Giant fans didn't sell them tickets, they wouldn't have been any steeler fans at the game. It was surprising to see so many.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,130
    There are pockets of Steelers fans in every city, much like other dynasties such as Dolphags, 49ers, Cowboys. Most have never been west of Kearney.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,204
    NY has a ton of Steeler, Packers and Cowboys fans who are home grown New Yorkers but became fans passed down through family from their success in the 60's and 70's. Remember besides 69' both Jets and Giants were an embarrassment to NY.

  5. #25
    I could here them through the TV

    HEATH!
    When Miller would catch a pass
    Even when the other white TE caught a pass they thought it was HEATH!

  6. #26
    Next year we host the Steelers for the first time since 2007 and the Giants fans will have their fun with us that week. I'm sure it will be talked about on local and national TV levels.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    On the Brian Urlacher interception in Tennessee at least 3/4 of the stadium jumped up in applause.

    That was unbelievable.
    Hah, I was in Nashville visiting my sister this past weekend and all I saw was blue and orange.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Hah, I was in Nashville visiting my sister this past weekend and all I saw was blue and orange.
    I guess college football is more popular than the NFL in that region.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Heard their we're a ton. Good. Guess its not only the Jets who have visiting teams fans at games.
    I really could care less but at the beginning of the telecast Phil Simms commented how well Steelers fans normally travel however not to this game, claimed there were very few Steelers fans. It quickly became obvious, even watching on TV,that there were a ton of Steeler fans and that Phil was having some issues with his vision or perhaps his bias.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsPrisoner12 View Post
    I really could care less but at the beginning of the telecast Phil Simms commented how well Steelers fans normally travel however not to this game, claimed there were very few Steelers fans. It quickly became obvious, even watching on TV,that there were a ton of Steeler fans and that Phil was having some issues with his vision or perhaps his bias.
    He was probably just thrilled to be announcing a Giants game for once since most of their games aren't on CBS.

  11. #31
    I think Sandy had something to do with it, a lot of fans probably put their tickets up last week, making up from some lost pay etc.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Jets fans are still worse than the Giants fans when it comes to selling seats to opposing fans, but teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago, San Francisco, Green Bay and Dallas have always and will always travel very, very well.

    They're national teams due to their team's successes from the 60s-90s, when the sport was growing into what it is today.
    I love when guys like you throw opinions out with nothing to back it up, yet we're all supposed to believe it is a fact, prove to us that Jet fans are worse than Giant fans at selling to opposing teams fans.

    I disagree with that typical blanket statement, to me it's the same for both teams in NY:
    if a team is playing crappy it leads to more opposing fans in the building and if a team is playing well it leads to less opposing fans in the building

  13. #33
    There are Steelers fans everywhere... Not so much 49er fans... the jets just had a terrible showing by their fans.

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I always hear this term, "travel well", and I dont think it is really true. Obviously these teams have fans that follow the team across the country but I think the major contributor is that the opposing fans are either from the home teams area but are bandwagon losers or are transplants now living in the city of the home team.
    I don't think many teams actually "travel" well, but some teams (Cowboys, Steelers, and Raiders) have a national following and fans all over the country. While some are transplants, some are natives that grew up rooting for Staubach, Bradshaw, etc.

    If you live in the NYC metro area and your team comes to town, it is a pretty low cost way to see them play.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I think Sandy had something to do with it, a lot of fans probably put their tickets up last week, making up from some lost pay etc.
    Good point, troll.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by afesposit View Post
    There are Steelers fans everywhere... Not so much 49er fans... the jets just had a terrible showing by their fans.
    Are you saying that Jets fans came to the game dressed up as Niners fans? I don't get how it was any worse a showing than it would have been for a Steelers game. Please explain, kind sir.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I love when guys like you throw opinions out with nothing to back it up, yet we're all supposed to believe it is a fact, prove to us that Jet fans are worse than Giant fans at selling to opposing teams fans.

    I disagree with that typical blanket statement, to me it's the same for both teams in NY:
    if a team is playing crappy it leads to more opposing fans in the building and if a team is playing well it leads to less opposing fans in the building
    Go to both teams games and you will see FAR less opposing fans at Giants games than you will Jets. I hate the Giants, but have been to many home games, and love the Jets, season ticket holder since 1995 and can count on one hand the amount of home games I've missed, but it's a FACT.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Go to both teams games and you will see FAR less opposing fans at Giants games than you will Jets. I hate the Giants, but have been to many home games, and love the Jets, season ticket holder since 1995 and can count on one hand the amount of home games I've missed, but it's a FACT.
    Yea, well I've been a STH since the mid nineties also and I've never attended a Giant game, I wouldn't be caught dead at a Giant game, but thats just me. But I've always noticed plenty of opposing fans in the stadium, no more or less than are typically at a jet game, and that's a FACT.
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 11-07-2012 at 06:04 PM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Go to both teams games and you will see FAR less opposing fans at Giants games than you will Jets. I hate the Giants, but have been to many home games, and love the Jets, season ticket holder since 1995 and can count on one hand the amount of home games I've missed, but it's a FACT.
    BTW, why would you go to a Giant game if you hate them?

    I don't get that at all...

  20. #40
    Unfortunately most Giants fans are casual fans from North Jersey who couldn't name anyone on the team after the big boys (Eli, Cruz, Nicks, JPP, Tuck, Osi, Bradshaw). Doesn't surprise me it was a Steelers home game.

    I've actually explained to some Giants fans who David Diehl is.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us