Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Election "Game Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Pretty sad and speaks loudly that Mitt lost michigan (born in), massachusetts (gov of), and wisconsin (Ryan's State).
    Ryan pissed off most of the unions. M*******s are dems, michigan loves obama because of the auto bail out.

so the house is stacked with reds. the senate is up for grabs. looks like a lot of upsets for republicans in senate races

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    LMFAO!!!

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    Congrats on the win PK.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Congrats on the win PK.
    It's still "same as it ever was" just like the Talking Heads predicted.

I'll gander a wager that the economy will tick up quite a bit after this nonsense is over.

All of us will be here 4 years from now doing the same thing. Funny how football ties us together for politics. Sometimes I wonder what draws us here more...love of politics/world events or Jets football. Social life in the new millennium is very weird...

Sent from my Winnebago using Fart Packets...
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 11-06-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Regardless of the outcome we must respect the position and support same. To deny that is to deny democracy is to deny the Constitution is to deny red white and blue. So we all should support the American way and accept the results.

Todd Adkin loses to Claire McCaskill in Missouri Dems might gain seats in the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    How did Dick Morris sink Romney? He's a political operative - he's supposed ro be biased. Romney lost because he is a terrible candidate, not because some spinster shilled for him.
    It was a joke dude.

He's always wrong on predictions

Hall Of Fame
    The country is brown. Whites are a declining population. Reps need to realize that and adapt. Have to get the Hispanic vote back. Rubio is a lock for 2016.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Todd Adkin loses to Claire McCaskill in Missouri Dems might gain seats in the Senate.
    They will. Scott Brown lost too, to a woman who pretended to have Cherokee ancestry to get a job

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Romney also has a home in NH and CA, he already lost NH and will obviously lose CA.
    I wonder if he would win Grand Cayman, where he hides his money?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The country is brown. Whites are a declining population. Reps need to realize that and adapt. Have to get the Hispanic vote back. Rubio is a lock for 2016.
    He should have been the running mate.

And the tea party needs to be lit on fire and thrown off the deck of a British tall ship in Boston Harbor.

Doesn't look so good for Romney right now.

Obama takes Wisconsin and New Hampshire...leading in Florida, Colorado

Hall Of Fame
    Bottom line after a multi billion dollar campaign the House, Senate and President will remain the same. Hopefully Obama will become the bipartisan force he promised he would be 4 years ago. I just hope we don't go bankrupt.

Yep...

Bottom line after a multi billion dollar campaign the House, Senate and President will remain the same. Hopefully Obama will become the bipartisan force he promised he would be 4 years ago. I just hope we don't go bankrupt.
    Yep...

All Pro
    Eight years has been fairly easy to project for the past four years.

Republicans will have a tough time winning national elections if they continue to pander to shrinking groups (religious, homophobes, racists) and alienate growing groups (minorities, non-religious, women).

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Eight years has been fairly easy to project for the past four years.

Republicans will have a tough time winning national elections if they continue to pander to shrinking groups (religious, homophobes, racists) and alienate growing groups (minorities, non-religious, women).
    Yep...

ok I'll stop but it's true lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    It's still "same as it ever was" just like the Talking Heads predicted.
    Not quite true. This election shows that (D) politially owns the entire African American population, the vast majority of the Hispanic Population (who must therefore be Pro-Illegals, Pro-More Immigration from the South) and the own women for the low, low price of free condoms and abortion on demand.

This is a massive cultural shift. Even when motivated and dedicated, white men can no longer carry an election, but blacks and hispanics can. Thats big news actually.

I'll gander a wager that the economy will tick up quite a bit after this nonsense is over.
    I doubt that. Slow and steady but quite minimal growth in the actual economy (i.e. not teh stock market) would be my guess, with unemployment still around 7% and Gas at ~$5.00 a gallon on this night in 4 years. Depends on what he can get past the House, how much climate change-green jobs-anti-oil stuff.

All of us will be here 4 years from now doing the same thing. Funny how football ties us together for politics. Sometimes I wonder what draws us here more...love of politics/world events or Jets football. Social life in the new millennium is very weird...
    Agreed.

But who knows, life is too short to bet on any of us being here in 4 years. Hell, some of us may loose interest, or move on in life, etc, etc, etc. Frankly, having (it seems) wasted my vote against my better judgement on a dead-fish (R) instead of the (L) I actually believed in to some degree, I'm about spent politically. Any little hope I had left that the things I believe would ever be policy are quickly being eliminated from contention by the shift I mentioned above. Immigration, Entitlements, those are done issues now. My side lost. So be it.

And I stay here because I have few real world friends, and so this is how I am able to be social and not just a stuck in hermit. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    He should have been the running mate.

And the tea party needs to be lit on fire and thrown off the deck of a British tall ship in Boston Harbor.
    Best of luck running moderate liberal vs. actual liberals going forward.

CBS calls Democrat Tim Kaine as winner for Senate in VA