Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Election "Game Thread"

I can't believe how close all the swing states are. It's crazy.

Romney winning the Popular 51% to 48% thus far...fwiw

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Not quite true. This election shows that (D) politially owns the entire African American population, the vast majority of the Hispanic Population (who must therefore be Pro-Illegals, Pro-More Immigration from the South) and the own women for the low, low price of free condoms and abortion on demand.

This is a massive cultural shift. Even when motivated and dedicated, white men can no longer carry an election, but blacks and hispanics can. Thats big news actually.

I doubt that. Slow and steady but quite minimal growth in the actual economy (i.e. not teh stock market) would be my guess, with unemployment still around 7% and Gas at ~$5.00 a gallon on this night in 4 years. Depends on what he can get past the House, how much climate change-green jobs-anti-oil stuff.

Agreed.

But who knows, life is too short to bet on any of us being here in 4 years. Hell, some of us may loose interest, or move on in life, etc, etc, etc. Frankly, having (it seems) wasted my vote against my better judgement on a dead-fish (R) instead of the (L) I actually believed in to some degree, I'm about spent politically. Any little hope I had left that the things I believe would ever be policy are quickly being eliminated from contention by the shift I mentioned above. Immigration, Entitlements, those are done issues now. My side lost. So be it.

And I stay here because I have few real world friends, and so this is how I am able to be social and not just a stuck in hermit. /shrug
    Smoke a bowl. Watch the Talking Heads.

Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

The state maps are crazy to look at. THey're all red and a little blue in the 2 or 3 major cities yet the vote counts are almost even. Yeah, I guess I'm politically naive to this but it's just weird to look at visually.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The country is brown. Whites are a declining population. Reps need to realize that and adapt. Have to get the Hispanic vote back. Rubio is a lock for 2016.
    Bingo. It's that simple. You can't win national elections with just white people anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    The state maps are crazy to look at. THey're all red and a little blue in the 2 or 3 major cities yet the vote counts are almost even. Yeah, I guess I'm politically naive to this but it's just weird to look at visually.
    That is because there is just tumble weed and cows in most of those areas. The majority of the people live in those blue spots.

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I can't believe how close all the swing states are. It's crazy.

Romney winning the Popular 51% to 48% thus far...fwiw
    Have to wait for the liberal West Coast to come in.

Hall Of Fame
    Balls. Mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    That is because there is just tumble weed and cows in most of those areas. The majority of the people live in those blue spots.
    I know I know it's till just weird to look at. Sorry, as I said I know it sounds naive...or obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Bingo. It's that simple. You can't win national elections with just white people anymore.
    Long term, Texas is going to become a swing state. That's the end-game for the Republican party as it is currently constructed. I bet (hope) that in ten years or so they're a libertarian free market party, no longer at the beck and call of racists and "family values" people.

Best of luck running moderate liberal vs. actual liberals going forward.
    This.

Once you compromise your core values to a certain point, winning the election is no longer of any value.
    I'm about spent politically. Any little hope I had left that the things I believe would ever be policy are quickly being eliminated from contention by the shift I mentioned above. Immigration, Entitlements, those are done issues now. My side lost. So be it.
    And This.

My list is a little different than yours, but i'm at the same point. I knew a long time ago that my country would never operate the way i thought it ought to in most aspects. Most of my views are pretty extreme. But it's getting to the point that for me personally, it's getting really hard to feel any national pride or patriotism anymore. I waited a long time for the pendulum to swing back... i don't think it's coming back.
    Last edited by Axil; 11-06-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Very sad. This is like losing a second AFC Champs game in a row, maybe worse.

I was not sad to see McCain not be president in 2008. Instead I was rather wary of Obama, but pretty much figured what the hell. I even went to two, count 'em TWO, Obama victory parties in my neighborhood. You wouldn't even know it was Election Day now. ****, I'm writing this from a city that's a disaster area - one that got trashed from limb to limb by a hurricane - and FEMA is nowhere to help. And some say THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT OBAMA NEEDED TO GET RE-ELECTED? REALLY?

(And wait til you see the hack "journalists" go after him now to make up for lost time, they will - not as hard as they ever went after Bush, but they will)

What is bad is that this country is losing out on having a potentially great president in Romney. Some of us won tonight, but we all lost.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    wrong

you just can't nominate an unlikeable, fairly dim stiff who hides his money offshore and says he doesn't care about 47 percent of the country.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 11-06-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    so the house is stacked with reds. the senate is up for grabs. looks like a lot of upsets for republicans in senate races
    WTF are you lookin at? Even republicans conceding senate, they will gain in the house however.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post

I was not sad to see McCain not be president in 2008. Instead I was rather wary of Obama, but pretty much figured what the hell. I even went to two, count 'em TWO, Obama victory parties in my neighborhood. You wouldn't even know it was Election Day now. ****, I'm writing this from a city that's a disaster area - one that got trashed from limb to limb by a hurricane - and FEMA is nowhere to help. And some say THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT OBAMA NEEDED TO GET RE-ELECTED? REALLY?

(And wait til you see the hack "journalists" go after him now to make up for lost time, they will - not as hard as they ever went after Bush, but they will)

What is bad is that this country is losing out on having a potentially great president in Romney. Some of us won tonight, but we all lost.
    The dude lost his own state. If that doesn't speak loudly I don't know what does. He was disliked in his own state.

In 08 it made sense to me after 8 years of Bush. This, however, is a major eye opener, not gonna lie. The country has changed much more than I previously thought. I realized it was changing, just didn't realize that fast. Oh well, it's all a good learning curve. I'm just going to have to get use to this idea, that we live in a liberal country. I just don't see how the economy ever bounces back with this president, but I'll hold out some hope.

Hall Of Fame
    Some of us won tonight, but we all lost.
    thanks for checking in Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    The dude lost his own state. If that doesn't speak loudly I don't know what does. He was disliked in his own state.
    I don't understand this logic.

Mass. hasn't been red since 1984.

If dems field a candidate from Texas, or Oklahoma next election cycle will it be horrible if they loose their home state? There's no way in hell Cristie will win NJ if he runs in 2016

Hall Of Fame

No nominate cult members = win

Rookie
    Is the Election on in Jacksonville?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    Is the Election on in Jacksonville?
    2 and a half hours of ball dipping.