Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73

Thread: I want Vick.

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    I rest my case.
    Fine, you're right. Let's sign him. He'll be great those whole 3 quarters we get out of him a year before he breaks again.


  2. #22
    If we are targeting veteran QBs through trade or FA, I'd put Rivers and Romo ahead of Vick on any list. I can't see Vick ever being on this team, not to mention his ceiling just isn't that great anymore. Not sure how big an upgrade he would even be over Mark.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Fine, you're right. Let's sign him. He'll be great those whole 3 quarters we get out of him a year before he breaks again.

    Have fun with Sanchez and his 50% completion percentage.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    If we are targeting veteran QBs through trade or FA, I'd put Rivers and Romo ahead of Vick on any list. I can't see Vick ever being on this team, not to mention his ceiling just isn't that great anymore. Not sure how big an upgrade he would even be over Mark.
    What is the track record for success for teams paying for older, FA QBs? Good QBs dont hit the FA market, they get resigned.

    If you want to trade sanchez's underachieving a$$ and his atrocious contract for another underachiever if their contract isnt terrible...fine. But paying vick, romo, or rivers...all of who have not won anything or ever had their teammates fully behind them, is in NO WAY the plan that we need.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Have fun with Sanchez and his 50% completion percentage.
    Did I say I want Sanchez? Exactly, now know what you're talking about before acting like a smartass.

  6. #26
    DRAFT a QB. People keep trying to take shortcuts to winning. That is the best way to win long term. Sanchez can take the lumps while we groom his replacement and improve the surrounding cast/offense coaching.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Did I say I want Sanchez? Exactly, now know what you're talking about before acting like a smartass.
    Ok, do you want Tebow or Mcelroy?

    Barkley is another USC kid with limited potential.

    Geno Smith is a huge risk, and we won't have a high enough pick.

    EJ Manuel? He's an athlete playing QB.

    Klein? We have Tebow.

    Tyler Wilson? I'm a fan, but he has struggled in college this year, how will he fair in the NFL?

    Cutler, Romo won't be available.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,435
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Vick sucks. Story over.
    YEP....AND THATS A TRUE STORY.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Ok, do you want Tebow or Mcelroy?

    Barkley is another USC kid with limited potential.

    Geno Smith is a huge risk, and we won't have a high enough pick.

    EJ Manuel? He's an athlete playing QB.

    Klein? We have Tebow.

    Tyler Wilson? I'm a fan, but he has struggled in college this year, how will he fair in the NFL?

    Cutler, Romo won't be available.
    We're married to Sanchez for another year, son. Like it or not, THAT is our QB. We don't have many options, but Vick certainly isn't one of them. If anyone, it would be McElroy to see what he has.

    But, hey, keep the hope alive for signing that broken, overrated, 1 trick pony.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i agree this guy is explosive and has a rocket for an arm. he would turn this team into a winner immediately.
    he's just plain dumb

    look at his whole life

    yeah, he should be calling the shots.

    how many playoff wins has this guy had?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    We're married to Sanchez for another year, son. Like it or not, THAT is our QB. We don't have many options, but Vick certainly isn't one of them.

    But, hey, keep the hope alive for signing that broken, overrated, 1 trick pony.

    1 trick poney? The guy can pass.

    And not necessarily. If we're looking at a 5-11 season, and Mark sitting at a 50% completion rate, a change could very well be made for the fan base, and to keep hope.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    1 trick poney? The guy can pass.

    And not necessarily. If we're looking at a 5-11 season, and Mark sitting at a 50% completion rate, a change could very well be made for the fan base, and to keep hope.
    Yea, he has a rocket. Bfd. The guy is a loser and a turn over machine. Pass.

  13. #33
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    654
    What about Matt Moore? He's better than Sanchez is at this point. He wouldn't cost a ton neither. Not crazy about him but at least he isn't a fumble machine and can hit an open guy if things aren't perfect.

  14. #34
    I have watched every PHI game but 1. Vick is terrible. His mechanics are atrocious. Look at that pick 6 throw last night. He had Celek, if he set his feet and threw he could have made a good throw and would have hit Celek in stride. He had a large window to throw to. Instead he flatfooted it, left it 2 feet too far and it ended up off Celek's fingertips for a pick 6. Vick is playing streetball this year. There is absolutely no smarts/strategy to his game whatsoever. None.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yea, he has a rocket. Bfd. The guy is a loser and a turn over machine. Pass.


    As an Eagle, Vick's turnover track record:

    2010: 9
    2011: 18
    2012: 14


    2012 is a fluke year due to the terrible offensive line, and trying to force the issue.

    Comparing Vick to other QB's:
    (Mobile) 2011: Cam Newton - 20
    (Slinger) 2011: Matt Stafford - 19
    (Elite) 2011: Eli Manning - 20

    I rest my case.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    As an Eagle, Vick's turnover track record:

    2010: 9
    2011: 18
    2012: 14


    2012 is a fluke year due to the terrible offensive line, and trying to force the issue.

    Comparing Vick to other QB's:
    (Mobile) 2011: Cam Newton - 20
    (Slinger) 2011: Matt Stafford - 19
    (Elite) 2011: Eli Manning - 20

    I rest my case.
    And how many games did he miss last year?

    I also would like to point this out: where were two of those 3 QBs after the regular season ended? And where was Vick?

    I rest my case. Your boy is overrated garbage.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    What is the track record for success for teams paying for older, FA QBs? Good QBs dont hit the FA market, they get resigned.

    If you want to trade sanchez's underachieving a$$ and his atrocious contract for another underachiever if their contract isnt terrible...fine. But paying vick, romo, or rivers...all of who have not won anything or ever had their teammates fully behind them, is in NO WAY the plan that we need.
    Romo and Rivers have played for terribly run franchises and horrible head coaches. That is the biggest reason they have never won anything (which isn't even true since both have led teams to playoffs multiple times and won playoff games), not their talent level. I would take my chances with either playing under Rex and having Rex's D behind them. I'm not as on board with Vick though, I'm not sure he would be a good fit here.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,453
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    DRAFT a QB. People keep trying to take shortcuts to winning. That is the best way to win long term. Sanchez can take the lumps while we groom his replacement and improve the surrounding cast/offense coaching.
    See what you say is true but it would take a FO with a REAL plan to take this route!!!!!!

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,780
    LOL. Vick sucks more than Sanchez. He has never developed and is always hurt. I want a real QB who is athletic. Not an athletic guy masquerading as a QB.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. Vick sucks more than Sanchez. He has never developed and is always hurt. I want a real QB who is athletic. Not an athletic guy masquerading as a QB.
    Vick seemingly had learned how to play the QB position while utilizing his strengths when he took over for Kolb in 2010. He could throw from the pocket, rarely turned the ball over, and could run at will. He was a legitimate MVP candidate and arguably the most complete QB in the game. And then he somehow forgot everything he had learned and is playing like he did in his Falcons days, only worse. It's bizarre.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 11-06-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us