Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want Vick.

the fan base is a lost cause..

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Vick seemingly had learned how to play the QB position while utilizing his strengths when he took over for Kolb in 2010. He could throw from the pocket, rarely turned the ball over, and could run at will. He was a legitimate MVP candidate and arguably the most complete QB in the game. And then he somehow forgot everything he had learned and is playing like he did in his Falcons days, only worse. It's bizarre.
    His o-line is terrible, but I really just think that Vick is not a smart player and cannot handle the mental aspect of the position. Once out on the field, it seems like he always reverts to his instincts and it gets him into trouble. I think as the Eagles team got worse (mostly the o-line), his flaws became more obvious and out in the open. He definitely is more of a pocket passer than he was in his Falcons days, but that was really never the strongest part of his game, so that might not be a good thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah, because this move will bring some stability to the Jets franchise.

All Pro
    Vick sucks. He does not have the will or determination to learn the position. Also, he is a POS human being. If the Jets sign him, I am done with the team. I'll just have to get buy without getting pissed off every other Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    the fan base is a lost cause..
    This was going to pop up. Of all the QBs we can get Vick sadly makes the most sense. To be fair here Romo, Cutler and Vick all have more bad turnovers then Mark. Philly is going to cut him this year unlike the other 2 who are just likely trades. He is not going to draw the contract that guys like Romo, Rivers, or Cutler would and we wouldn't have to trade for him. On top of that it would be anther Farve, Tebow media frenzy so it fits right in with our FO. Never mind he is a bad starter. Vick will likely be seen as our easy out from actually using a draft pick on a QB. Campbell will not even be considered IMO.

Vick is one of the most overrated players in the history of the NFL. This is the NFL not a video game. He sucks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Are you guys kidding? He's a human turnover machine. What a ridiculous thread.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Vick seemingly had learned how to play the QB position while utilizing his strengths when he took over for Kolb in 2010. He could throw from the pocket, rarely turned the ball over, and could run at will. He was a legitimate MVP candidate and arguably the most complete QB in the game. And then he somehow forgot everything he had learned and is playing like he did in his Falcons days, only worse. It's bizarre.
    I admit up front that this post is based totally in speculation, but I think it all tied back to being a humble, coach-able player. In 2010, he was just getting back into the league. All of his moves required league approval and he was moving into a situation where there was no competition and little expected of him. Simply put, he was thrilled to have a chance and didn't want to blow it. Fast forward two years and you begin to see a player reverting to his old playing self and probably not listening to the coaches around him. Again, all speculation. But plenty of good QB's help their line and WRs by simply making sound line calls before the snap.

9 picks and 27 sacks are not all of his team around him. Especially when you compare his road performance against how he plays at home. He's a top 10 QB at home and a bottom third QB on the road.

Jets Insider VIP
    Vick sucks. So there is no doubt we will sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Vick sucks. So there is no doubt we will sign him.
    This is just what I was thinking.

Initial reaction: Ugh, what a terrible idea.

After a few seconds of thought: I can totally see this happening.

A few seconds after that: *facepalm*

If we sign Vick, I won't pay my PSL payment, give up my season tickets and wont watch another Jets game until he is gone.

Veteran
    If we would get Vick, what will happen with Mark/Tim? Warming the bench? Getting finally traded?

Come on, you people have no sense of Imagination or humor.... Think about it! Vick and Teblow in the back field together... Every play would be like those 3 stooges plays you see in the final play of desperate games... Running in circles, tossing the ball back and forth to each other... We could put the cheerleaders in clown cars and play circus music... It would be awesome! Everything the Woodster and NY media ever dreamed of!

Anyone wanting Vick as their QB truly doesn't know football.

Just think, if it weren't for the jets bat**** insane acquisition of Teblow this off season, they would have the picks to throw Philly's way to acquire their scapegoat QB.

Even if it is an awful idea.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Vick has often become a scapegoat to Philadelphia's problems, and a rather lame excuse for their losing season. Vick is still a superb quarterback in the NFL. Vick is probably playing for the worst offensive line in football, under as much scrutiny as anyone, and has been great with the media throughout. He has the skin to play in New York, and he is still mobile as ever, a gun for an arm, and he would put us back into contention.

Bring Me Vick.

Believe it or not but I was thinking the same thing today. He would make us SB contenders again. Matter 'O"fact thats the only way we'll ever win the SB Vick as our QB? I like that..

ITT: Vick makes the Jets indefensible.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    If we sign Vick, I won't pay my PSL payment, give up my season tickets and wont watch another Jets game until he is gone.
    I wouldn't care about you cause you suck you would give up your..wait a sec......you would give up everything for a little piece ofpoonanee...

Anyone imagine the PR NIGHTMARE that Vick would bring if he was signed to the Jets? I mean practically every DOG-OWNER(and I'm sure there are PLENTY of Jets fans who own a dog) would end up NOT going to another Jets game until he's gone.

I hope Woody doesn't even consider this option......

keep your dog torturer

id rather die without ever seeing the green in a SB than to have that creep

i wish cancer grows in his eyes