Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pivotal Game For Sanchez

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Pivotal Game For Sanchez

He's playing in front of a hostile crowd who have hated him since college. His old coach is on the opposite sideline. The same guy who told us he wasn't ready. He needs to lose that WTF look on his face and come out with some fire and emotion. It's now or never.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is going to fold like a cheap suit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Visiting QB's have had a brutal time in Seattle this season-- if Sanchez can somehow pull of a decent stat line and a Jets win, it will definitely give him some breathing room.

Sadly, a loss would drop the team to 3-6, they would have lost to Mia, Pit, Hou, SF, NE, and @Sea...none of those are bad losses...but the grouping of them happening within the first 9 games would likely leave the team too demoralized for a real playoff run against the weaker part of the schedule. The scheduling this season was really, really unfortunate.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    The scheduling this season was really, really unfortunate.
    Have to disagree there. I thought the Jets had a great schedule this year...a tough start for sure, but a good team (with average to above-average QB play) comes out of that 4-4 and ready to make a run against the softer back end.

Average QB play wins one (or both) of the games against Houston and NE, with the way the events played out. It was laid out perfectly for the Jets to be 5-5 or better going into the NE rematch, with a chance to get hot and run the table after that.

Sadly, the team just doesn't look up to that task. They are more than welcome to blow out the Hawks at home and give us one last reason to believe though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, pivotal left on the train about 4 games ago. The guy is a lost cause and the fact that we will have to keep him around next year is stomach churning.

You want to know what the best thing for Sanchez would be right now?

Have the coach bench him and come right out and say that he is playing terribly and he will have to work to get his job back. I don't care if you put in Tebow or McElroy or Brooks Bollinger. this guy has been handed the starting job since day one and never once had to compete for it. The Jets have gone well out of their way to never have a viable back up.

He needs a figurative slap upside the head. I am betting after sitting out several games he would come back a better and more hungry QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Visiting QB's have had a brutal time in Seattle this season-- if Sanchez can somehow pull of a decent stat line and a Jets win, it will definitely give him some breathing room.

Sadly, a loss would drop the team to 3-6, they would have lost to Mia, Pit, Hou, SF, NE, and @Sea...none of those are bad losses...but the grouping of them happening within the first 9 games would likely leave the team too demoralized for a real playoff run against the weaker part of the schedule. The scheduling this season was really, really unfortunate.
    Yeah, opposing QBs (including Rodgers and Brady) have not had an easy go of it in Seattle. They have a really good secondary with a lot of size. I think they can just beat the crap out of our WRs and force Sanchez into mistakes with their pass rush. Our best chance is if they overlook or underestimate our passing game, which you could argue that the Texans did a bit a few weeks ago.

I don't think it's fair to kill Sanchez if he struggles in this game, but the perception of him is so bad right now that any bad statline regardless of circumstances is not going to help his cause.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This type of game is exactly why i have always disliked suckchez....you have to be a tough guy...or just be really good (brady) to play in the nfl.....mark suckchez is sooooo scared when he plays teams with guys that can come after you that it makes it impossible for him to win a game like this. he will duck down and cringe at least 10 times in this game , get sacked 6-7 times and we will get crushed in that loud crazy stadium. jets lose big.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's never.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    This type of game is exactly why i have always disliked suckchez....you have to be a tough guy...or just be really good (brady) to play in the nfl.....mark suckchez is sooooo scared when he plays teams with guys that can come after you that it makes it impossible for him to win a game like this. he will duck down and cringe at least 10 times in this game , get sacked 6-7 times and we will get crushed in that loud crazy stadium. jets lose big.
    Can't believe it's so bad now that I'm agreeing with Dbake, but this is exactly right. It's Pennington all over again - there's no way to have confidence in this QB that he'll be able to go into a hostile environment and play well against a tough defense.

Makes you want to dig up Vinny T. for a week just to see the unabashed (though often reckless) confidence.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Can't believe it's so bad now that I'm agreeing with Dbake, but this is exactly right. It's Pennington all over again - there's no way to have confidence in this QB that he'll be able to go into a hostile environment and play well against a tough defense.

Makes you want to dig up Vinny T. for a week just to see the unabashed (though often reckless) confidence.
    While I generally have little confidence in Sanchez, this is not the week to sum up his whole career. Even great QBs with good weapons have struggled in Seattle this year (or not played up to usual standards). If Sanchez is held to below his usual standards as they were, well I don't need to do the math for you on that one.

I do think there is a chance that the Seahawks are going to overlook our offense which could lead to more success than we might believe possible. I do think that happened with the Texans. They thought they would shut us out like the Niners did and we hit them with big downfield plays (and would have had even more if Sanchez was any good).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Have to disagree there. I thought the Jets had a great schedule this year...a tough start for sure, but a good team (with average to above-average QB play) comes out of that 4-4 and ready to make a run against the softer back end.

Average QB play wins one (or both) of the games against Houston and NE, with the way the events played out. It was laid out perfectly for the Jets to be 5-5 or better going into the NE rematch, with a chance to get hot and run the table after that.

Sadly, the team just doesn't look up to that task. They are more than welcome to blow out the Hawks at home and give us one last reason to believe though.
    Mark was above average @ Pats!
    In the 2nd half he was 16 for 19 with 2 drops & 190yards?
    Jets specials don't give Pats a cheap 6 & Hill catches a ball high school players catch & the Jets are 4-4 right now heading to 2nd half.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    While I generally have little confidence in Sanchez, this is not the week to sum up his whole career. Even great QBs with good weapons have struggled in Seattle this year (or not played up to usual standards). If Sanchez is held to below his usual standards as they were, well I don't need to do the math for you on that one.

I do think there is a chance that the Seahawks are going to overlook our offense which could lead to more success than we might believe possible. I do think that happened with the Texans. They thought they would shut us out like the Niners did and we hit them with big downfield plays (and would have had even more if Sanchez was any good).
    If the Jets don't turn over the ball they can win. If they turn it over twice, they will probably lose.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Jets specials don't give Pats a cheap 6 & Hill catches a ball high school players catch & the Jets are 4-4 right now heading to 2nd half.
    I can't let him off the hook for missing that bomb to Hill where he was wide open, or for not being able to hold onto the ball when the team still had a shot in OT. It'd be one thing if those were isolated incidents, but they are reflective of his entire career here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belichick has long been constructing his secondary just to make Sanchez look good and help him keep his job, it's his other approach to beating Revis. Things went very awry in the playoff game. But the plan is long-term, and still working.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets don't turn over the ball they can win. If they turn it over twice, they will probably lose.

Agreed.

One thing to keep in mind is that Rex generally confuses the bejesus out of young QBs
    Last edited by JamaicanJetFan; 11-06-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    He is going to fold like a cheap suit.
    I was thinking "house of cards"...but we are on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You want to know what the best thing for Sanchez would be right now?

Have the coach bench him and come right out and say that he is playing terribly and he will have to work to get his job back.
    This^^^^^^^^

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many pivotal/important/critical/cross-road games is he going to have? It seems every week there's another.

If he lost 100 games in a row, it would be the *next game* that would be pivotal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    He's playing in front of a hostile crowd who have hated him since college. His old coach is on the opposite sideline. The same guy who told us he wasn't ready. He needs to lose that WTF look on his face and come out with some fire and emotion. It's now or never.
    There's nothing pivotal about it, Jumba. Sanchez will do the same disappearing act he's been doing his entire career. We might see a couple of really nice passes for big gains sandwiched in this mess of terribly inaccurate passes, some terrible beyond stupid decision making, and less than 50% of a completion percentage, and horrible ball security.

I mean what is left to weigh in on?

The guy sucks, pure and simple. He will NEVER get it.

It's been time to move on for a long time.

I'm just wondering when Rex will finally realize it?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed.

One thing to keep in mind is that Rex generally confuses the bejesus out of young QBs
    I hope so. He has confused the shyt outa me...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    all things considered, i've come to the conclusion that Sanchez is a moron, aand he sucks in the pocket