Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pivotal Game For Sanchez

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a unique situation. One in which he has a chance to respond. If he does discover emotion it could drive some momentum. He has even more to answer in this one. Can he prove himself to his old coach? Can he quiet a raucus crowd that hates anything USC? Here is an opportunity like no other. Ammends are available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    This is a unique situation. One in which he has a chance to respond. If he does discover emotion it could drive some momentum. He has even more to answer in this one. Can he prove himself to his old coach? Can he quiet a raucus crowd that hates anything USC? Here is an opportunity like no other. Ammends are available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Please stop.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    every game from here on out is must win. the only good thing about seattle is that it's an away game so there probably won't be so many boo birds. but sanchez is still only one guy. they need plays from lots of players and can't let seattle get any cheap points.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Mark was above average @ Pats!
    In the 2nd half he was 16 for 19 with 2 drops & 190yards?
    Jets specials don't give Pats a cheap 6 & Hill catches a ball high school players catch & the Jets are 4-4 right now heading to 2nd half.
    Even lousy QBs look like Unitas against the Pat's horrid secondary BT*. I wouldn't use that game as any measure for Sanchez.

*Before Talib

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Can't believe it's so bad now that I'm agreeing with Dbake, but this is exactly right. It's Pennington all over again - there's no way to have confidence in this QB that he'll be able to go into a hostile environment and play well against a tough defense.

Makes you want to dig up Vinny T. for a week just to see the unabashed (though often reckless) confidence.
    If Vinny T was 10 years younger, I bet Tanny would've been on the phone with him Yesterday trying to get him to come back.

I can't let him off the hook for missing that bomb to Hill where he was wide open, or for not being able to hold onto the ball when the team still had a shot in OT. It'd be one thing if those were isolated incidents, but they are reflective of his entire career here.
    I'm sorry...WHAT?

So Mark not only has to throw the ball perfectly, he has to then catch up to the ball with Hill, grab his hands and HELP HIM CATCH THE BALL?

Or did you FUBAR and actually meant that you *CAN* let him off the hook?
    Last edited by Vin; 11-06-2012 at 09:20 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    If Vinny T was 10 years younger, I bet Tanny would've been on the phone with him Yesterday trying to get him to come back.

I'm sorry...WHAT?

So Mark not only has to throw the ball perfectly, he has to then catch up to the ball with Hill, grab his hands and HELP HIM CATCH THE BALL?

Or did you FUBAR and actually meant that you *CAN* let him off the hook?
    I wasn't talking about Hill's awful drop with about 2 minutes to go. I'm talking about the play where Hill had 10 yards of separation and Sanchez threw up a duck that was picked at the goal line. And the Jets were in scoring position at the time.

As I said it's not always fair to rip a QB on one bad pass, but Sanchez has missed big-play opportunities on relatively easy throws multiple times this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't talking about Hill's awful drop with about 2 minutes to go. I'm talking about the play where Hill had 10 yards of separation and Sanchez threw up a duck that was picked at the goal line.
    Sanchez threw that ball about 3 seconds too late.

That should have been an easy TD for the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

No such thing.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

No doubt. And at the very least, they could have gotten 3 on that drive, which would have forced the Pats to drive for 6 on the final possession of regulation.

You can't miss layups like that in a huge game against a divisional opponent - I don't care if he was 16-19 in the 2nd half.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No, pivotal left on the train about 4 games ago. The guy is a lost cause and the fact that we will have to keep him around next year is stomach churning.

You want to know what the best thing for Sanchez would be right now?

Have the coach bench him and come right out and say that he is playing terribly and he will have to work to get his job back. I don't care if you put in Tebow or McElroy or Brooks Bollinger. this guy has been handed the starting job since day one and never once had to compete for it. The Jets have gone well out of their way to never have a viable back up.

He needs a figurative slap upside the head. I am betting after sitting out several games he would come back a better and more hungry QB.
    I will be as generous as 1 game ago, but I agree, the train has pretty much left. Of course, if he somehow resurrects his (and by extension the Jets') season, I guess there is always the possibility of yet another life, but the Dolphin game pretty much sealed it for me.

Earlier in the season, I looked towards the Colts game as the benchmark, as he had no weapons and was overmatched against Hou/SF, he got an incomplete there, but against MIA, when we needed to show up, he was missing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    This type of game is exactly why i have always disliked suckchez....you have to be a tough guy...or just be really good (brady) to play in the nfl.....mark suckchez is sooooo scared when he plays teams with guys that can come after you that it makes it impossible for him to win a game like this. he will duck down and cringe at least 10 times in this game , get sacked 6-7 times and we will get crushed in that loud crazy stadium. jets lose big.
    yep, seattle has a ferocious pass rush and it will be ugly. I also see at least 5-6sacks, 2picks, at least 1 lost fumble, and 1 pair of soiled underwear from poopypants suckchez

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Mark was above average @ Pats!
    In the 2nd half he was 16 for 19 with 2 drops & 190yards?
    Jets specials don't give Pats a cheap 6 & Hill catches a ball high school players catch & the Jets are 4-4 right now heading to 2nd half.
    Don't confuse this fanbase. It's just easier to say Sanchez sucks then to admit that while he may not be great, he sucks less than most of the team around him.