Thread: Have we ever won in Seattle?

Have we ever won in Seattle?

Does anyone remember? I can't remember a win. I do remember tough losses going back to the Jim Zorn days! Oh, and the most recent loss with Favre as our QB..

I know Parcells won big out ther in his first game. Iam sure we have won a few more without looking it up. A Monday night game I recall Toon and Walker having HUGE nights, pretty sure that one was out there as well.

Jets beat the Seahawks on the opening game of the Parcells era in 1997. They also won in Seattle in 1995.

Oddly the Jets did not play the Seahawks on the road between 1997 and 2008.

The 13-3 loss we took to them under Mangini in 2008 ranks as one of the most depressing Jets losses in my lifetime. I mean that was inexplicably bad, a combination of horrendously gutless coaching by Mangini, horrific QB play by Favre, and an unmotivated D that allowed Seneca Wallace to make just enough plays. One of the biggest losses that contributed to Mangini's firing for sure.

This Seahawks team is considerably better than that version.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Jets beat the Seahawks on the opening game of the Parcells era in 1997. They also won in Seattle in 1995.

That '97 win was one of the best wins in team history. That was the moment you knew things were going to be better for a while, and it ended up being the start of a pretty good 15-year run (all things considered).

I can also remember the Jets blowing out Seattle pretty bad back in the O'Brien/Toon/Walker days. It's either feast or famine against that team.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Does anyone remember? I can't remember a win. I do remember tough losses going back to the Jim Zorn days! Oh, and the most recent loss with Favre as our QB..
    Jets helped change part of the game in SEATTLE!!! R U kidding me??? Does any1 hav instant replay of Testaverde getting the TD when it wasn't a TD. That was AWESOME CALL FOR JETS!!!

We don't stop Marshawn Lynch? We get smoked. Probably the last start for "The Sanchize", who will play like a chump.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets helped change part of the game in SEATTLE!!! R U kidding me??? Does any1 hav instant replay of Testaverde getting the TD when it wasn't a TD. That was AWESOME CALL FOR JETS!!!
    That was a home game. I was at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    We don't stop Marshawn Lynch? We get smoked. Probably the last start for "The Sanchize", who will play like a chump.

SlickBri is right that this isn't the game that should decide Sanchez's fate, but visions of 11-35 keep dancing in my head...

That was Sanchez's line from the Ravens game last year, in case some of you have understandably burned that memory from your brains.

That was in NJ. I was there

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post

SlickBri is right that this isn't the game that should decide Sanchez's fate, but visions of 11-35 keep dancing in my head...

That was Sanchez's line from the Ravens game last year, in case some of you have understandably burned that memory from your brains.
    All I recall is Ngata's titanic shot on Mark. Then wave after wave of Ravens tearing up Sanchez and our O-line for the rest of the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    All I recall is Ngata's titanic shot on Mark. Then wave after wave of Ravens tearing up Sanchez and our O-line for the rest of the game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDN9y2vTdUs

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Sadly (and paradoxically), LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post

So many sub-50% performances to choose from. At least he had the "instead of Mangold at center we were playing an arena league caliber guy" excuse that night and somehow Flacco managed to look almost equally bad. That game was just hideous on every level. And then in the AFC CG the Pats made the same Joe Flacco look great (have to get an LOL in at NE once in a while!)

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post

Favre lost there in 2008, 2nd loss of our collapse.

Playing with the flu, Ken O'Brien and the Jets thrashed them there 38-7 in 1986.

All Pro
    Oh Yeah the phantom TD game! I remember that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The 13-3 loss we took to them under Mangini in 2008 ranks as one of the most depressing Jets losses in my lifetime. I mean that was inexplicably bad, a combination of horrendously gutless coaching by Mangini, horrific QB play by Favre, and an unmotivated D that allowed Seneca Wallace to make just enough plays. One of the biggest losses that contributed to Mangini's firing for sure.

This Seahawks team is considerably better than that version.
    That Seahawk team had back ups along the entire offensive line if I am not mistaken

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2