Thread: Jets can go 6-10 no matter who's president...

Jets can go 6-10 no matter who's president...

it won't matter... Jets are losing the next 3 games. Maybe then at 3-8 they give McElroy a 5 game tryout.

Looking at the remainder of the schedule, I say they have a +50% chance of beating Jax, Tenn, and Buf. At least one of STL, ARI, and SD might go our way too. Unfortunately, I think this week's game being in Seattle decreases our odds greatly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by afesposit View Post
    it won't matter... Jets are losing the next 3 games. Maybe then at 3-8 they give McElroy a 5 game tryout.
    I literally spat out my coffee. I thought you said..10-6.

Thank you for the accidental laugh!

6-10, 7-9 is what I'm thinking with W's against Arizona, Jacksonville, Buffalo and one other.

Unfortunately with the weak schedule we're going to be mathematically in this thing until the end of December, but 5-11 would do much, more more for this organization than 8-8 would. Much more.

8-8 is the worst thing that can happen... B/c we know they aren't making the playoffs, but then it's like "8-8 w/o Revis & Tone.... Give us those guys and we win 10-11 easily... We don't need changes..."

Thus u get the same garbage next year.

8-8 is the worst thing that can happen... B/c we know they aren't making the playoffs, but then it's like "8-8 w/o Revis & Tone.... Give us those guys and we win 10-11 easily... We don't need changes..."

Thus u get the same garbage next year.
    EXACTLY.

And check out who we're up against next season. We're not getting the Cardinals, Rams, Jaguars and Titans. We're up against the AFC North and NFC South. There isn't a single pushover in either of those divisions. While Cincinnati, Cleveland and Carolina aren't great, they're a hell of a lot better than Jacksonville, Tennessee, Arizona and St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    While Cincinnati, Cleveland and Carolina aren't great, they're a hell of a lot better than Jacksonville, Tennessee, Arizona and St. Louis.
    ... And better than the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    6-10, 7-9 is what I'm thinking with W's against Arizona, Jacksonville, Buffalo and one other.

Unfortunately with the weak schedule we're going to be mathematically in this thing until the end of December, but 5-11 would do much, more more for this organization than 8-8 would. Much more.
    Everyone forgets how this team plays down to the talent, 5-11.

jets should just tank the season, get a good draft pick for tannenbum to screw up

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets can go 6-10 no matter who's president...
    Yes We Can!

8-8 is the worst thing that can happen
    Could not agree more. The current incarnation of the Jets is not built to last. Considering how awful the Jets looked against Miami 2 weeks ago, do you really like this team's odds in the playoffs? I will continue to root for the team and be happy whenever they win but I'd be content to go 5-11 or 4-12 and do a complete personnel overhaul. As long as neither the Vagiants or Pats make it to the Super Bowl.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Could not agree more. The current incarnation of the Jets is not built to last. Considering how awful the Jets looked against Miami 2 weeks ago, do you really like this team's odds in the playoffs? I will continue to root for the team and be happy whenever they win but I'd be content to go 5-11 or 4-12 and do a complete personnel overhaul. As long as neither the Vagiants or Pats make it to the Super Bowl.
    Agreed! I like your name for the Gi-Aints! LOL

If we go 8-8 everyone will say that we'd have been 10-6 or Rex would say SB champs w/ Revis and Tone....