Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: You won, it's your country now.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    The next boom will probably be similar top the 'boom' created in the former-USSR, when the monolith control system fails and the vacuum left is filled with black marketeers who have the most readily available infrastructure to scavenge the wreckage.
    Ever hear of the "Three Branches"? You won't find them at the top of your favorite sinsemilla plant.

I know this because they not on top of mine either

Hall Of Fame
    There are plenty of crazies on the cable news networks. FOX does not have a monopoly. Not even close to one.

As for more winners and losers. Winners - China. Losers - Israel.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    This. I don't care how fiscally conservative they are, a gay guy isn't likely to vote for the party that has a hissy fit over gay marriage. Hispanics aren't likely to vote for the party that views immigration reform as a non-starter. Young people aren't likely to vote for a party that is seen as socially regressive. Women aren't likely to vote for the party that keeps nominating candidates who don't know how to talk about rape without kicking themselves in the uvula.

Kick the social conservatives to the curb and the GOP has more than a fighting chance - it likely dominates. It shouldn't be hard to do, either - if you're in favor of personal liberty, then you should be in favor of getting government out of the bedroom as well as out of your pocket.
    I have friends that are conservative and gay and they can be extremel;y reactionary.

THe GOP is going to have to stop being a bag of dicks; pure and simple.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Romney did explain his plan for creating jobs and lowering the deficit:

By lowering taxes on small business, it would free up more capital to increase production and jobs, ideally.

More jobs = more workers = more taxpayers.

Increased revenue from more taxpayers would cover the loss from lowered taxes and chip down the deficit.

It sounds okay in theory, but there's no guarantee how the tax cut will be used by the employer or if the cut will be substantial enough to make the plan work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    It's attitudes like this that will keep our country fractured. It's time to support the President, regardless of party affiliation. He is the President of the United States, not the President of the Democrats only.

I'm sick of this ****ing divide.
    The POTUS is going to have to get after this; as described by jetrider.

SF voted on switching how they tax small business (tax on Gross Recipts rather than total Payroll) - Since we started Compassionate Use 16 years ago, maybe this is another great idea out of California

Jets Insider VIP
    All I can say is Get Yur Sheet Together, Florida.

WTF?

They counting on their fingers still?

Bewildered Beast
    Results on the switch to Gross Recipts - wow

E - Gross Receipts Tax

Choice
    Votes % Yes
    162,290 70.6%
    No
    67,724 29.4% 100% of precincts reporting; Updated 11/06 10:44PM

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    It's attitudes like this that will keep our country fractured. It's time to support the President, regardless of party affiliation. He is the President of the United States, not the President of the Democrats only.

I'm sick of this ****ing divide.
    Right. Just like in '04.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Ever hear of the "Three Branches"? You won't find them at the top of your favorite sinsemilla plant.

I know this because they not on top of mine either
    I would be sooo stoked to get three branches.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    This. I don't care how fiscally conservative they are, a gay guy isn't likely to vote for the party that has a hissy fit over gay marriage. Hispanics aren't likely to vote for the party that views immigration reform as a non-starter. Young people aren't likely to vote for a party that is seen as socially regressive. Women aren't likely to vote for the party that keeps nominating candidates who don't know how to talk about rape without kicking themselves in the uvula.

Kick the social conservatives to the curb and the GOP has more than a fighting chance - it likely dominates. It shouldn't be hard to do, either - if you're in favor of personal liberty, then you should be in favor of getting government out of the bedroom as well as out of your pocket.
    Is that not Ron Paul and libertarianism?

Even if he goes further on his foreign policy, for every one American that doesn't want to pull back from the world a bit nor cut defense spending there are two who do believe we should. Half of the conservative posters on this board and most of the liberal ones are in favor of cutting defense spending and closing bases around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Is that not Ron Paul and libertarianism?

Even if he goes further on his foreign policy, for every one American that doesn't want to pull back from the world a bit nor cut defense spending there are two who do believe we should. Half of the conservative posters on this board and most of the liberal ones are in favor of cutting defense spending and closing bases around the world.
    No. He's a complete isolationist nutjob on foreign policy, had his name on some of the worst racist newsletters, vilifies President Lincoln and claims the Civil War was unnecessary, and on and on and on. He'd lose the center at the same speed Pat Buchannon would

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Absolutely disagree.

Ron Paul actually has a different foreign policy than Obama and an economic plan that he was willing to share with the American people.

There are tons of liberals and conservatives that like Ron Paul, and no Conservative was voting for Obama.
    Absolutely correct, sir. I'm a serious liberal, and I would've probably voted for Paul.

GOP voters had the right guy all along, but were scared by his intelligence and making sense, and you can't have that in a Republican candidate, so they went with Captain Empty Suit. Which I told you guys all along. Should have listened to me.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Just because your tax bill doesn't go up, doesn't mean your taxes haven't gone up.

Inflation is a tax. Has your salary increased yearly at a rate greater than inflation in the past 4 years? If not, you now make less than you did then. Do you think that as a result of the Fed increasing the supply, that money you have is worth what it was or could have been? What bout your cost of gas? Food? Health care? Tell us, what were your premiums 5 years ago and what are they today? What do you think they'll be in another 3? Both the cost to you and to your employer?

They're all up. As a result of policy, not economic adjustment. Your taxes are most certainly up in every way.
    This has been a problem for about 40 years now. Wages have not kept up with the rate of inflation or the cost of living.

I'm not quite sure how to fix this but there has to be a solution somehow.

It is quite possible Romney will get 47% of the popular vote when all the votes are counted.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have friends that are conservative and gay and they can be extremel;y reactionary.

THe GOP is going to have to stop being a bag of dicks; pure and simple.
    If Republicans were a bag of dicks wouldn't the gays be for them? Seriously though don't you think it has as much to do with how the Republicans are presented as to what they are doing? Everything the Ds do wrong and every gaffe is slipped under the rug while everything by the Republicans is looked at under the microscope.

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    If Republicans were a bag of dicks wouldn't the gays be for them? Seriously though don't you think it has as much to do with how the Republicans are presented as to what they are doing? Everything the Ds do wrong and every gaffe is slipped under the rug while everything by the Republicans is looked at under the microscope.
    Very true. Biden is a gaffe machine. If he were only a Republican he'd have his own segment of the day on the Daily Show.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    If Republicans were a bag of dicks wouldn't the gays be for them? Seriously though don't you think it has as much to do with how the Republicans are presented as to what they are doing?
    +1

Everything the Ds do wrong and every gaffe is slipped under the rug while everything by the Republicans is looked at under the microscope.
    Depends on the channel; I blow them off if I smell partisanship. As witty as, say, Bill Maher is, he panders to that TV demographic of "enlightened liberals" which is a sneaky backhand because if they were enlightened they would not be watching his (mash-up) show. (I personally love it; but he crosses the line plenty)

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Very true. Biden is a gaffe machine. If he were only a Republican he'd have his own segment of the day on the Daily Show.
    1) But Uncle Joe is taking me out in his rebuilt Porsche 928!

2) Wesley Walker; looking good! A natural man.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Or the GOP can grow a sack (and a brain) and figure out how to include non-old white guys.

Just sayin'.
    It's mind boggling.

I really hate the narrative that anyone who votes Democrat is a welfare collectin, Newport smokin, baby killin leach on society.

It's just like saying everyone who voted Romney is a sister fukin, wrangler wearin, bible thumpin confederate hypocrite.

More than half the country picked Obama.

How come it always has to be someone else's fault with Republicans. I was dying for a quality GOP candidate... but the party is so stale and old and they don't appeal to most people. Until the party makes some significant changes, they are doomed to lose big national elections. Keep letting the religious right run the party and see where leads to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    It's mind boggling.

I really hate the narrative that anyone who votes Democrat is a welfare collectin, Newport smokin, baby killin leach on society.

It's just like saying everyone who voted Romney is a sister fukin, wrangler wearin, bible thumpin confederate hypocrite.

More than half the country picked Obama.

How come it always has to be someone else's fault with Republicans. I was dying for a quality GOP candidate... but the party is so stale and old and they don't appeal to most people. Until the party makes some significant changes, they are doomed to lose big national elections. Keep letting the religious right run the party and see where leads to.

THIS^^^^^^^. The conservatives, like me, are becoming Embarassed by the republican party. Who cares who someone marries etc..

1) But Uncle Joe is taking me out in his rebuilt Porsche 928!

2) Wesley Walker; looking good! A natural man.
    Boom!