Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: You won, it's your country now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    He's no Pat Buchannon.

And listen to him on the Civil War - is it a mainstream opinion? No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbOE4Ip7In0

But is that bat-sh*t? No.

The newsletters, well, I don't know enough about that - but I get no impression from his positions or his many hours of political speech available on youtube that he has a racial problem.

I think the problem with the Republican party is that people are thinking like you - i.e. Mitt Romney is a better national candidate than Ron Paul. That was the mistake. The only guy that got people excited and a had a message that appealed to all walks of American life in the GOP primary was Ron Paul.

Folks like yourself wrote him off and chose (settled on?) a John Kerry-like retread loser from '08.

I understand he had the organization, the money and was the most disciplined candidate, but that was all advertising/message - his weakness was his product, i.e. himself. Whatever he stood for, it did not resonate with enough people nor did he himself come off genuinely. Those are two big obstacles to overcome, regardless of how much money one's campaign has.
    I have stated on here many times that I would have preferred Ron Paul or even Gary Johnson over Mitt. However do you really think that the media wouldn't have destroyed (or at least tried to) him on many of his "radical" ideas?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I have stated on here many times that I would have preferred Ron Paul or even Gary Johnson over Mitt. However do you really think that the media wouldn't have destroyed (or at least tried to) him on many of his "radical" ideas?
    I think Fox already did that to him.

before or after the GOP did it for them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKITUOl0NBc

You can't win an election based on getting rid of a Black guy and then *****ing that minorities went for the Black guy. This election was about Republican anger at a sitting President. There was no grand vision and policy that lead to a grand vision. Suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    You can't win an election based on getting rid of a Black guy and then *****ing that minorities went for the Black guy. This election was about Republican anger at a sitting President. There was no grand vision and policy that lead to a grand vision. Suck it up.
    I would have gladly voted for Herman Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I would have gladly voted for Herman Cain.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-08-2012 at 01:17 PM.

And Obama's vision was what exactly?

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    And Obama's vision was what exactly?
    I think that's the point; it was unnecessary thanks to the R strategy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Excellent point

From January 21 2009 the only point in the GOP mission statement was to "Get that black guy out of the White House"

Mitch McConnell stated that agenda publicly almost immediately afyer Roberts administered the Oath

And it worked Nationwide from Georgia to Idaho so it must have been a success

As WCO so ably said the Dems didn't really have to do all that much to defeat this singly focused one plank platform!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Excellent point

From January 21 2009 the only point in the GOP mission statement was to "Get that black guy out of the White House"

Mitch McConnell stated that agenda publicly almost immediately afyer Roberts administered the Oath

As WCO so ably said the Dems didn't really have to do all that much to defeat this singly focused one plank platform!

My answer may have been too brief; what does it say about us if our president has a vague vision? I wouldn't crow about anything except Obama's ardor for regular people. There sure are a lot of opportunities for lip service as chief was pointing out.

I think people have turned their eyes directly on this now.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Excellent point

This is so off base, but that is not surprising considering the source.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is so off base, but that is not surprising considering the source.
    You are naive. Granted the term "get the back guy out of the whitehouse" is terribly misquoted. Party over country.

http://youtu.be/W-A09a_gHJc

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DW...fsiX4RNtjL1Jmg
    Last edited by dmitexxi; 11-08-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    You are naive. Granted the term "get the back guy out of the whitehouse" is terribly misquoted. Party over country.

http://youtu.be/W-A09a_gHJc

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DW...fsiX4RNtjL1Jmg
    Naive is to say that the Republican platform was based on race. You are naive if you think that is the case.

Jets Insider VIP
    Naive is to say that the Republican platform was based on race. You are naive if you think that is the case.
    LOL I can't help but to laugh AT you and NOT laugh WITH you.

It's naive to think Romney didn't have to run as a right wing nut job to win the Republican nomination and then have to move to the center to win the Presidency. The debates were embarrassing to watch for a fiscal conservative. Newt and Perry did much of the Presidents work for him by attacking Bain while Romney was changing his centrist positions on Health Care, abortion and taxes to meet the required Republican litmus test.

The Republican debates were embarrassing to most Americans. Hes cred was shot and the President was able to continue to use his own words against him burying him one shovel full at a time.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Ever hear of the "Three Branches"? You won't find them at the top of your favorite sinsemilla plant.

I know this because they not on top of mine either
    Stop gnawing on the branches then.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    LOL I can't help but to laugh AT you and NOT laugh WITH you.
    Respectfully, you are clueless.

Jets Insider VIP
    Disrespectfully, you are retarted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Any update on you and your partner Bert tying the knot or are you two waiting for it to be legal in all 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, the USVI and American Samoa???