Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: You won, it's your country now.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Lol at the predictable over reaction from.....even the nons , I'm looking at you Warfish
    Agree to disagree.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    No. Ron Paul would have lost 49 states.
    Absolutely disagree.

Ron Paul actually has a different foreign policy than Obama and an economic plan that he was willing to share with the American people.

There are tons of liberals and conservatives that like Ron Paul, and no Conservative was voting for Obama.

No. Ron Paul would have lost 50 states in the biggest landslide in U.S. Electoral History.
    Fixed your post.

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Absolutely disagree.

Ron Paul actually has a different foreign policy than Obama and an economic plan that he was willing to share with the American people.

There are tons of liberals and conservatives that like Ron Paul, and no Conservative was voting for Obama.
    Is there a younger, less abrasive, more charismatic, maybe slightly less radical Ron Paul out there please???

"Democrats have now won the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections."

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Fixed your post.
    Nah. He'd have taken Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Some winners and losers from last night.

Losers: Gallup and Rasmussen polls.
    Winners: All the other polls, Nate Silver.
    Poster here chided me over Nate Silver. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Absolutely disagree.

Ron Paul would have DESRTOYED Obama in that third debate. Would have turned every liberal on their head....every conservative too though LOL.

Would have been AWESOME. imo

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    The people simply don't like flip floppers who try to win their vote with used carsalesman tactics.

The mans entire economic plan was "I'm a businessman, I can fix it, trust me". Everytime he was asked for specifics he gave none because he knew the crap he was throwing at the wall won't stick.

To add to thar Romney had no plan for anything. The guy spent 2/3 of his campaign pandering to lunatic teabagger ideologies. Then when it came time for the debates he became a moderate. It was downright comical how he practically agreed with Obama on everything in that foreign policy debate.
    Romney did explain his plan for creating jobs and lowering the deficit:

By lowering taxes on small business, it would free up more capital to increase production and jobs, ideally.

More jobs = more workers = more taxpayers.

Increased revenue from more taxpayers would cover the loss from lowered taxes and chip down the deficit.

It sounds okay in theory, but there's no guarantee how the tax cut will be used by the employer or if the cut will be substantial enough to make the plan work.

All League
    It's attitudes like this that will keep our country fractured. It's time to support the President, regardless of party affiliation. He is the President of the United States, not the President of the Democrats only.

I'm sick of this ****ing divide.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

"Democrats have now won the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections."
    Because we have moved from a country of makers to a country of takers.

In Colorado, Latinos went for Obama by an 87-10 margin. That's the victory right there.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    It's attitudes like this that will keep our country fractured. It's time to support the President, regardless of party affiliation. He is the President of the United States, not the President of the Democrats only.

I'm sick of this ****ing divide.

No problem. Let HIM take the first step. Remember when ALL his policy meeting regarding laws and programs contained Dem senators and reps? I do. Republicans were totally ignored and omitted.
    How about some compromise? He said NO! My way or no way. Granted the Repubs have been intransigent as well but HE is the leader. Let him show it.

Some winners and losers from last night.

Losers: Gallup and Rasmussen polls.
    Winners: All the other polls, Nate Silver.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Dick Morris
    How can the Fox New continue to put that guy on the air other than for a good laugh. I've never seen a pundit get it wrong so bad and so often. He's the loser of all losers.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How can the Fox New continue to put that guy on the air other than for a good laugh. I've never seen a pundit get it wrong so bad and so often. He's the loser of all losers.
    Close, but that title has to go to Chris Matthews "I'm so glad we had that storm"

Easy.

He creates headlines.

For illegal immigration? No. But Rubio's Dream Act would be a good piece of ground to occupy.

No, but you don't need to be to get out from social issue hell.

No. But GOPers should stop talking about abortion because that fight is over, plain and simple. There is no scenario in which abortion becomes illegal and no candidate who really intends to do anything about it. It's simply a dog whistle to the social conservatives: "I'm one of you". It's one reason I don't care about a candidate's views on abortion at all; everyone is entitled to their private view on those issues, and it won't have any public impact anyway.

No. You can be fiscally conservative and pro-Gay Marriage. You can be fiscally conservative and pro-immigration reform. You can be true to the constitution and not demand that the country be governed in line with christian interpretations of God's will.

Keep the fiscal conservatism and constitutional fidelity. That's the one selling point the Republican party has, and it resonates. It's the other baggage that screws the GOP.
    I agree with you 100% on this. Small government fiscal conservatism is what I care most about. It's why I vote GOP. Enough already with abortions. It's decided law. GWB and now Rubio were for immigration reform. Taking a self deportation position is the path to never winning an election apparently.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Exactly less government doesn't mean a bigger war machine, more prisons more guards at the border, less marriage options or criminalization of abortion. Less government means less government something that can be sold to all Americans.
    What about the FOndling Fathers? THey were CHRISTIAN!

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    What about the FOndling Fathers? THey were CHRISTIAN!
    pfff, old, angry white guys...